DuPz0r

GTA V Story Predictions/Influences

the guy hus speakin in the tralier most ppl think dat he is the protag but how dyu kno it culd just be a story about someone hu appears in the game like lets say in gta 4 they culd of made a narration for jimmy pegerino but it doesnt mean that u wuld play him

i believe its just a story of a character in the game no way r we gunna be a fat old guy hu can go to the gym and get tats over his body its just noright

the guy hus speakin in the tralier most ppl think dat he is the protag but how dyu kno it culd just be a story about someone hu appears in the game like lets say in gta 4 they culd of made a narration for jimmy pegerino but it doesnt mean that u wuld play him

i believe its just a story of a character in the game no way r we gunna be a fat old guy hu can go to the gym and get tats over his body its just noright

*not right

Now again in english.

• Like 1

*not right

Now again in english.

Translation to english:

Speculation leads us to believe that the voice in the trailer is that of the protagonist. Despite this, some believe it's merely a red herring, and is really just the story of another character in the game. A good example of this would be if in GTA IV they made a small monologue of Jimmy P; This wouldn't necessarily mean he is the protagonist. I believe it's just the background story of a key character in game. I highly doubt we will be playing a character that is obese and old that has the ability to workout in the gym or get tattoos; It's just not right.

• Like 1

Media would have the best time of their lives with kids being able to be run over or shot.

You can do it in Skyrim.

I know exactly what you mean, but that does not seem to matter AT ALL. Just like not a single fuck was given that you could skin animals and kill them in red dead, but if grand theft auto does it.... there will be fucks given!

*not right

Now again in english.

Translation to english:

Speculation leads us to believe that the voice in the trailer is that of the protagonist. Despite this, some believe it's merely a red herring, and is really just the story of another character in the game. A good example of this would be if in GTA IV they made a small monologue of Jimmy P; This wouldn't necessarily mean he is the protagonist. I believe it's just the background story of a key character in game. I highly doubt we will be playing a character that is obese and old that has the ability to workout in the gym or get tattoos; It's just not right.

thank you for your assistance

I have a nice yet sort of funny intro to the new GTA: You're driving to your new home with your wife & kids (who keep bickering in the back seat & you try to stop it) when your wife yells "HONEY! LOOK OUT!" And a blimp that's caught on fire crashes into a tanker truck behind you, you quickly get out to see what happened and you find a note on the cement on I-5 saying,"We've been waiting." Than the main character says, "We need to leave,now,before they find us again." And BAM!- There you go.

I have a nice yet sort of funny intro to the new GTA: You're driving to your new home with your wife & kids (who keep bickering in the back seat & you try to stop it) when your wife yells "HONEY! LOOK OUT!" And a blimp that's caught on fire crashes into a tanker truck behind you, you quickly get out to see what happened and you find a note on the cement on I-5 saying,"We've been waiting." Than the main character says, "We need to leave,now,before they find us again." And BAM!- There you go.

Why do you always multi-post and quote said posts? Reading that six times doesn't make it sound any better.

Edit: Wait, this is the first time he's done this. Who was that other guy that kept quoting himself and pointing out corrections instead of using the edit button?

Guest Marney1

"Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather. Or the... ah, I don't know that thing. That magic. You see it in the movies. I wanted to retire from what I was doing, you know. From that, that line of work. Be a good guy for once. A family man. So, I bought a big house. Came here, put my feet up, thought I'd be a dad like all the other dads. My kids? They'd be like the kids on TV. We'd play ball and sit in the sun but... well, you know how it is."

Is he implying that his kid starts getting in trouble? Maybe the black guy is his son?

"Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather. Or the... ah, I don't know that thing. That magic. You see it in the movies. I wanted to retire from what I was doing, you know. From that, that line of work. Be a good guy for once. A family man. So, I bought a big house. Came here, put my feet up, thought I'd be a dad like all the other dads. My kids? They'd be like the kids on TV. We'd play ball and sit in the sun but... well, you know how it is."

Is he implying that his kid starts getting in trouble? Maybe the black guy is his son?

he wouldnt want the best for his son if he was black

jack_thompson_safe.jpg

But in all seriousness I don't think Hitler or

Jack Thompson

will feature anywhere in the story. A reference to him maybe but I think R* would tread very carefully in case he decided to sue.

jack thompson can suck my dick, jack thompson if you are reading this, fucking sue my ass

I think it'd be just a rich antagonist at first then as the foreclosures build up and the skyscrapers get bigger. violence would be on the rise. Homelessness. Proverty.. While CEO's get 5-6 digit salarys.. Then they'd go from vinewood.. To the low class homes.. Maybe even in the tent towns you see in the trailer.. Then you struggle to make a living. wife gets shot? Or something bad happens to her because you know theres prostitutes ;)

But anyway.. He'l try to fight his way across Los Santos and beyond.. To find what he came for..

'To live the American dream.' Or something like that..

I hope he'l be Tommy Vercetti.. He sounds a little older from his original version..

You guys see somewhat a resembolance in the voices eh?

And in the trailer when there doing yoga(strentching, ect whatever) It looks like on the left that its Tommy vercettis old look

from vice city.. Ina way...

I probably added a little much and a little off topic about this..

Alwell

Right* xD

Guys, think about this: GTA V will be in a parallel univers, where the other protagonists would not make any sense and also R*'s tendency is not to use previous protagonists.

Guys, think about this: GTA V will be in a parallel univers, where the other protagonists would not make any sense and also R*'s tendency is not to use previous protagonists.

Exactly that's what I always try to tell noobs. GTA III era games are in a completely different universe to GTA IV+. Some things are the same like Lazlow, but the characters, events and everything else in the universes are different. I think this was done due to the drastic change from GTA III era Liberty City to GTA IV LC.

We all heard gta5 will have the biggest map ever so does that mean a really long storyline?

Biggest map ever? Damn that sucks, that means GTA VI and XVIII will all have smaller maps...

When did we hear that?

I think he got it from this, but exaggerated. http://www.igta5.com/dan-houser-gta-5-map-will-be-very-big

This is just an idea and I know this would probably not happen but oh well (all place names made up :P)...

It starts off with a few cut scenes of Tommy Vercetti after the Vice City story line ends. He gets married, has a kid (let's call him Luke) and in 2005 (random year) Vercetti, his wife (let's call her Jennifer) and their two younger kids decide to retire in Los Santos. After his parents move, Ned struggles to make money for him and his girlfriend (let's call her Olivia), and when he resorts to drug dealings. When Olivia becomes pregnant (both aged 21), he decides to re-unite with his parents in Los Santos. Scenes show the couple taking off from Vice City in a small jet and landing in Vermont Airport in the desert. You are then required to drive from the airport to the interstate via a few small desert roads and after a long drive, you reach Los Santos and your new house near Ganton where you aree greeted by Tommy and Jennifer. While Jennifer and Olivia get used to their new home, you and Tommy go out to the Pleaure Peir while you discuss the new job your Dad has gotten you, (a handy man for rapper OG Loc, which will bring mission including CJ from San Andreas). When you get back, you discover that your house has been broken into and Jennifer and Olivia both kidnapped.

A lot of the story line revolves around finding the pair and at the end, getting revenge on who took them.

This is just an idea and I know this would probably not happen but oh well (all place names made up :P)...

It starts off with a few cut scenes of Tommy Vercetti after the Vice City story line ends. He gets married, has a kid (let's call him Luke) and in 2005 (random year) Vercetti, his wife (let's call her Jennifer) and their two younger kids decide to retire in Los Santos. After his parents move, Ned struggles to make money for him and his girlfriend (let's call her Olivia), and when he resorts to drug dealings. When Olivia becomes pregnant (both aged 21), he decides to re-unite with his parents in Los Santos. Scenes show the couple taking off from Vice City in a small jet and landing in Vermont Airport in the desert. You are then required to drive from the airport to the interstate via a few small desert roads and after a long drive, you reach Los Santos and your new house near Ganton where you aree greeted by Tommy and Jennifer. While Jennifer and Olivia get used to their new home, you and Tommy go out to the Pleaure Peir while you discuss the new job your Dad has gotten you, (a handy man for rapper OG Loc, which will bring mission including CJ from San Andreas). When you get back, you discover that your house has been broken into and Jennifer and Olivia both kidnapped.

A lot of the story line revolves around finding the pair and at the end, getting revenge on who took them.

No thank you.

The one element of the story R* has released to us, is that the story focuses on making money.

Also, Tommy and CJ are dead. CJ shoved his cock so deep into Tommy that they got stuck that way and died.

• Like 2

I think we won't be able to see anything for the first 3 seconds of the game but we can hear a radio dj's voice and he says something like "Good morning/afternoon/evening Los Santos" depending on what time it is and he could say what the temperature is and how the traffic is doing. We then cut to Albert (if he is the Protagonist) waiting outside the school for his son and they get in and drive home. When they get home, Albert's phone rings and that is where the main missions start.

I think we won't be able to see anything for the first 3 seconds of the game but we can hear a radio dj's voice and he says something like "Good morning/afternoon/evening Los Santos" depending on what time it is and he could say what the temperature is and how the traffic is doing. We then cut to Albert (if he is the Protagonist) waiting outside the school for his son and they get in and drive home. When they get home, Albert's phone rings and that is where the main missions start.

No way in hell because: Kids will never be in GTA.

No way in hell because: Kids will never be in GTA.

Exactly... And who the fuck would want kids in gta.. jesus christ go play sims ffs!

I was bored and i started thinking about how the story may start in this GTA. There is obviously endless possibilities, but with the trailer clues and the confirmation of Los Santos and surrounding land, i stated to narrow down some ideas in my mind. I know most of you wont really care too much about this until you play it, but there's no harm in discussing it.

The protagonist mentions in the trailer, why did i move here? That's a clue he's only just got there, and possibly by chance after quitting his old line of work? He mentions having kids, but that doesn't mean he actually has any yet. Also, Rockstar are still being tight lipped about the rest of the map so far. So this could hint to a something extra we weren't quite expecting beyond Los Santos.

My first prediction:

You start off in a 4-door family car, with your wife. You control the vehicle, and have to drive through some nice rural landscapes, passing through small towns along the way. You guys are talking about all the things you're going to do when you get to the new house, decorating and stuff, blah blah... Then suddenly a blacked out Sentinel rams into the back of their car. Two more are tailing them. The protagonist says something like "Shit, they've found us", and you now have to try and lose them whilst they ram and shoot at your car. You go off-road over some rocky terrain, and start to follow a "set route" (set, being you don't know you're following it, you just do it because the map is set in a way you just follow the semiotic signs) and then the cars eventually do their set barrel roll routines and diving off of canyon edges, missing a bridge, and those sorts of animations after a nice lengthy chase.

The protag and his wife have a little talk about the incident after finally shaking them, getting back onto a freeway. You go through a toll booth and enter Los Santos, triggering a nice little radio message saying "The weather is perfect here in Los Santos today, here's a perfect song to compliment that". And as you drive through Los Santos to your new house, the set song creates an upbeat feel as you take in all the landmarks along the way.

Welcome to Los Santos everyone! :)

Ok, so that's my first prediction. Just to get the juices flowing.

Post you own predictions, as frequently as you like. It doesn't just have to be how the story starts. You may have a certain mission in your head, that you feel we may come across during the game, and want to get it off your chest. It could just be a place to express what you really want from the GTA V Story though (not game mechanics and misc stuff though, use the pinned, What are you looking for in GTA5? thread for that).

Get writing!

I must admit, this most definitely the best topic I've ever seen being made!! EXCELLENT IDEA by the way. Very creative :)

I've got a few beginning/storylines in mind:

1) You start of in the character's past. Say Vice City in the 1990's or something, doing some missions that involve the protagonists past (basically a prolouge) just so we can get good backround on the guy. These missions involve lot's of killings and robberies, etc.

After a number of those missions, it sort of goes into the present day and you decide you want to leave the gang and live a peaceful life. Your "homies" aren't to happy about it and they begin persuading you to stay. One dickhead goes way too far and begins pushing and shoving you, eventually slapping you. You lose your temper and shoot the guy, giving you a shit load of heat.

So, the last mission in the prolouge involves escaping Vice City. You have to kill countless enemies coming after you, and get to safety. The game gives you three choices: 1) Escape by boat. 2) Escape by plane/helicopter. 3) Escape by car.

Choosing to go via boat will lead to a huge chase and eventual shootout in the docks. Most of the chasers/shooters will be from the cars and controlling the neighbourhood. The other set of gangsters will be from a drugs shipment coming in. Once you kill them, you take one of the boats and head to Los Santos, bear in mind, the gangsters will come after you in their boats.

Choosing to go by plane will lead to a huge airport shootout diverting incoming flights and cancelling outgoing flights. Once you kill of the gangsters, you can steal a plane or helicopter or force a pilot to fly you. This will take you to Los Santos.

Going by car, will be the hardest way to go. You'll have to drive for miles in order to get to Los Santos, battling your way through chasers and road blocks created by gangsters and some roadblocks created by state police.

The story could now go two ways:

1) Your car gets too much damage done to it. You abandon your car and make your way through the woods trying to escape the attention and find your way to Los Santos. Whilw travelling through the woods, you hear police and gangsters shouting stuff like "You can't hide forever you prick!!" or "Just give yourself up and make this less painful for yourself!!"

You begin to think to yourself about just letting the bastards have you, when suddenly, someone in the woods (whether it be a normal resident or maybe a hippie, like The Truth) says: "I can get you outta here." You agree to the help offered and this person begins driving while you ride shotgun. Because your in the woods, you only bump into a few enemies. You eventually arrive in Los Santos.

2) You keep battling your way through the cops and gangsters, until you reach the toll bridge. Your crossing the toll bridge that leads into Los Angeles with one gang car still persuing you. The guy riding shotgun pulls out an RPG and attempts blow you up. Somehow, the idiot fires the RPG from a bad position blowing up the bridge as you race to get of. Going with the typical GTA style of things. The bridge will be closed indefintely.

Now that you've somehow got to Los Santos, you begin trying to find a place to lay low. If you travel with the hippie, he has a few connections that can help you. If you went solo with your car, you travel about the city trying to find somewhere for rent or on sale for a decent price.

You eventually find a small shithole crib to hold yourself up in for a while. The next morning when you wake up after a rough night sleep, people somehow find out who you are and find out you're in Los Santos. They begin calling you.

You get to know a few people, and do small jobs like: intimidating people who have loaned money from the person you know, to maybe a petty car theft. Before you know, you begin getting your bad reputation back.

After doing jobs and earning lots of money, you buy yourself that big house the protagonist dreamed of in the trailer. You have a family now and your life is going great. Suddenly, you find out the guys you're now working with, are connected to your former boss in Vice City. So, somehow, the bridge is reopened or he gets a private jet over or some shit. He, along with members of the gang, break into your house, kidnap your family and shoot you.

After your family gets kidnapped and you get shot, you wake up in hospital, not forgetting what happened. You get out of hospital, and go on a relentless manhunt leaving nothing but blood and destruction in your path.

The last mission involves going back to Vice City after you get a lead on the bosses location. You find him and your family in the gang's compound. You have a huge shootout, where you eventually come out on top. You go and finally get your family back. Your old gang is no more.

You and your family go back home to good old Los Santos. Throughout time, you time up loose ends with some people...

I forgot to mention that during the mission where you're escaping Vice City, the beginning credits come up. Not that it's important.