DuPz0r

GTA V Story Predictions/Influences

I really depends if it works well enough in V to continue using the concept. Imagine if they just kept building on it until we had a game with 10 playable characters!

I find it strange that I haven't played this game, yet I already wonder if GTA will ever be the same with just one lead character..

I don't' mean to get ahead of myself, it's just that I'm really curious to see what's up R*s sleeve for the next few titles..

I was thinking another way to go back to a single character was to have a choice of three stories, all intertwined. It would be like having GTA IV, TLAD and TBOGT as separate stories in one game with only one protag but you get to choose who you work with. Certain missions would be the same regardless (think the Diamond exchange) but you'd have the ability to play as both sides through separate playthroughs. Initially you'd have a choice of who you'd work with/for and though there'd have to be a way to try and steer the protag down one path (earn trust to open missions?) rather than being able to play three different stories at once.

But that's for another game...

• Like 1

I am pretty sure in one of the first interviews or previews, they said the 3 protag thing was most likely a one-off due to the complexity of piecing all the story threads and in-game decisions together to make a credible story.

IIRC, they also said the next GTA could be set in the future...

It may not be in all future GTA games but I think we will see multi-protags return in some fashion. Based on what I just read from IGN it seems to work out great. I have a feeling it will be hard to go back to one protag.

i just spent a few hours reading through this thread and thought why not, may as well add my own thoughts, mostly based on what I've seen and heard in trailers and various thoughts of other people.

i think to begin with we will start off with Franklin, he is part of GSF doing the normal stuff, possibly joining mid mission doing something with his job and repo man possibly.

its short lived after a few missions we learn he has bigger things in mind and through a corrupt fib agent learns about Micheal and his past before going into witness protection (may even recognize him from the street from a mission) which makes him search him out and ask for some help.

after a bit of haggling Micheal reluctantly agrees and we start a few missions of basic robberies, small stores and jewelers for example, after some more time has passed trevor turns up, most likely running from the cops or disposing of a body, i'm not sure how it could work without knowing more info tbh.

either way trevor finds out about micheal being in town after thing he was either dead or missing, we learn he and micheal have a history and blames him for a job that went wrong, after getting out of prison no respectable mobbster would take him on and his fall from grace has landed him in a trailer park in blaine county doing what ever he can, loosing most of his mind in the process.

i expect there will be some time where thing iron out, friendships build and things go well until the FIB learn of micheals dealings/recent wrong doings and the witness protection deal ends, bringing all 3 into the firing line as multiple agency's join in to take them all down to end their crime spree.

the penultimate missions would involve finding away out, possibly finding out about a bigger threat or just striking a new deal in return for ending one of the larger gangs on los santos.

at the end of it all the 3 playable characters are cleared of the story line heist and wrong doings their friendship is set in stone (with a few cracks in it) and things carry on as the player chooses from then on.

i have no idea how it will play out in the game itself but thats how i see it going, at least i do at this moment in time, unless i find info that makes me think otherwise.

The only thing I know is that GTA games always have a bitter-sweet ending...

III ends with everyone dead except Claude and Maria, then a gunshot rings out over the credits, suggesting Claude shoots Maria...</p><p>Vice City ends with everyone either dead, injured or in hiding, except Tommy and Ken (Ken ends up being chased out of town by Tommy). Tommy actually ends up ruining a lot of people's lives within Vice City...</p><p>San Andreas ends with CJ trying to combine his business empire with his brother's gang empire, even though he tried to escape gang life. San Andreas actually turns out to be one of the more positive endings to a GTA game.</p><p>LCS - We all know what happens to the Leone family in III, making this whole story a complete waste of time...</p><p>VCS - Everything that Vic stands for and achieves is destroyed at the beginning of Vice City, and we know this all along...</p><p>IV - No matter how you finish the game, someone close to Niko dies and this ends up destroying him (as he moved to Liberty City to begin a new, happy life)</p><p>TLAD - The entire chapter is wiped out, save a handful of members. In the end, Johnny is essentially left with nothing...<br></p><p>CTW - Everyone dies, and Huang is left alone</p><p>TBOGT - Like San Andreas, everything turns out alright in the end. No one important dies and nothing is affected by the chaos of the story.

Now, surely, judging from the track record, the plot can't end on an entirely happy note?