DuPz0r

GTA V Story Predictions/Influences

Simple, we start off with the job going bad (few years in the past) then jump into Micheal and his family being moved into LS by the FIB. they stick them in a fancy hotel at the start until he can find his own place. We are there for a few missions and then you buy the house... it might even be an introduction into the real-estate buying feature. I don't think his wife really give a crap as to if he is in the game or not, just as long as she gets to keep her lifestyle.

Some other thoughts to add to my earlier guess work: It seems that the scene where Franklin ask Micheal for directions is the first time they ever meet. I am thinking , however, that that is really a long time before they ever officially meet and start working together. Instead this is one of the very first meetings, we just got done seeing Micheal and his analrapist and we see how much he misses the old days. we see the cut scene where he ask directions and after it is over we are in Franklin and I am guessing for the first time. So basicy that scene would have less to do with their relationship and really be more of a segue.

wow, that was a lot of analysis for a 2 second scene.

anyways, my point is that each character will be introduced as a playable character in this fashion. The opining movie will likely introduce all three in some way but we will start by playing Micheal, then move into playing Franklin and then finally there will be some segue into Trevor. After that they will introduce us to manual character switching.

• Like 1

You forgot the part about character switching not being available at the start of the game...

This...

anyways, my point is that each character will be introduced as a playable character in this fashion. The opining movie will likely introduce all three in some way but we will start by playing Micheal, then move into playing Franklin and then finally there will be some segue into Trevor. After that they will introduce us to manual character switching.

^^^Ohhhhh.... Should've read the post...

Anyway, my guess (along with a lot of other people) is that Michael and Trevor are going to have a falling out at some point during the game, as suggested by the trailers.

Maybe this will happen toward the end of the game, leading to a standoff for the final act?

I'm kinda hoping that we get to pick our favourite character to side with during the dispute, and maybe the other character will become unavailable while they battle it out...

• Like 3

I agree that I don't think that any of the characters will be killed off as that will affect gameplay post-story. ie. kill off Franklin after all the hard work you've done to build him up and buy him things and then he dies. I can't see it happening.

I do like the idea though of a major conflict and I think it'll happen, especially involving Michael. I get the impression he'll be pulled from pillar to post by Franklin, Trevor, the FIB and his family while Franklin will be sucked into the good life and Trevor will be in it for the kicks.

• Like 2

Personally, I don't think any of the protags will be killed off, it would kind of make the whole character switching/multiple protags idea a bit redundant.

exactly. If we had to kill off one of them then the ones who got the CE or LE would get ripped off since each protagonist has a special ability. And a lot of people would be mad cause then they couldn't use their favorite character.
  • Like 1

I agree that I don't think that any of the characters will be killed off as that will affect gameplay post-story. ie. kill off Franklin after all the hard work you've done to build him up and buy him things and then he dies. I can't see it happening.

I do like the idea though of a major conflict and I think it'll happen, especially involving Michael. I get the impression he'll be pulled from pillar to post by Franklin, Trevor, the FIB and his family while Franklin will be sucked into the good life and Trevor will be in it for the kicks.

The only major conflict I think will happen, will be Trevor, Michael and Franklin vs The FIB. There will almost certainly be some friction between Mike and Trevor, but I think that Franklin will play the peace maker, and keep everyone on the same page

anybody whos played 1 or all gta's knows some way along the story u get back stabbed i think rockstar will follow suit with v it will b interesting in a couple of weeks to find out

The only major conflict I think will happen, will be Trevor, Michael and Franklin vs The FIB. There will almost certainly be some friction between Mike and Trevor, but I think that Franklin will play the peace maker, and keep everyone on the same page

That sounds nice. But to add to that, I actually think Trevor and Franklin aren't going to get along in the beginning, and grow to like and trust each other after 1-2 heists.

• Like 3

That sounds nice. But to add to that, I actually think Trevor and Franklin aren't going to get along in the beginning, and grow to like and trust each other after 1-2 heists.

I'd agree with that. I would've thought Trevor would want Franklin to prove himself

The game starts out with a few paragraphs of backstory, shown in the style mocking Star Wars. Ya know, the credits that roll with the Star Wars theme and a picture of space in the background. It also has some guy sounding similar to Morgan Freeman narrating it.

It tells us of a time 20 some years ago when Michael and Trevor, best of friends, had been working for a powerful crime boss in Las Venturas. At some point there was a serious disagreement between the two friends and the boss, and they had heard that he wants them dead. In a time of desperation, Micheal and Trevor knew that it was either them or the crime boss. Michael, the level-headed of the group, wanted to make a nice deal with the FIB and get rich, while Trevor, being very hot-tempered and stubborn, wanted to 'take care' of the boss. Michael ended up making his deal for himself before Trevor could attempt pulling of the impossible task of killing the man, separating the two friends and sending them down completely different paths. The backstory ends with something like "And that's when Michael met the love of his life and had two beautiful children with her."

That when the screen fades out, and fading in is a scene of Micheal with his family present day staying in the Hotel Von Crastenburg, as the FIB put them there due to the former crime boss being released from prison and hearing that Michael currently resides in Los Santos. His wife starts talking at the beginning, bitching at him. "Good job Michael. Way to get us into another shitty situation. Look kids, look at your deadbeat father that always does this to us. One day I'll divorce your ass and leave you nothing." Michael says nothing and just sighs as he looks away, trying to ignore her bitching. His daughter, who has spent the entire time on her smartphone while chewing gum loud and obnoxiously, decides to input on the conversation: "God, this is so boring." Then his son makes some asshole-ish comment towards her and they start bickering back and forth, when Michael steps in and tells them both to shut up.

Anyways, that is my detailed backstory and opening scene description prediction. Also, that former crime boss ends up becoming the main antagonist to both Trevor and Michael throughout the story.

There will clearly be a conflict of some sort between the 3 of them, but I hope to God all 3 make it though the game alive and together. I like the idea of them as a team and would hate for one of them to actually betray the other two.

BTW, after watching the trailer and seeing some of the other stuff I am retracting my prediction that their will be a long prolog. I think it will be very brief and very vague as to what happened.

Disregard all of that. I was high as shit and it sounds fucking stupid now. That whole "ideas are better when stoned and you're more creative" thing doesn't apply to me.

• Like 1

I don't think that any one of the protagonists will betray the other two. Because...

1) It's way too obvious ( and Rockstar probably has something better up their sleeves )............. And

2) It will fuck up the main "game mechanic" of switching between the 3 characters at will ( if one is locked out ).

BUT....

If one of the protagonists does betray the other two, it would be interesting if you could still play the game from the double-crossers point of view. I.E. being able to switch to them during Free-Roam or during a Non-Heist Mission so you can mess around with the other two characters. ( I don't know how it would work gameplay-wise, but it sounds good )

• Like 3

I don't think that any one of the protagonists will betray the other two. Because...

1) It's way too obvious ( and Rockstar probably has something better up their sleeves )............. And

2) It will fuck up the main "game mechanic" of switching between the 3 characters at will ( if one is locked out ).

BUT....

If one of the protagonists does betray the other two, it would be interesting if you could still play the game from the double-crossers point of view. I.E. being able to switch to them during Free-Roam or during a Non-Heist Mission so you can mess around with the other two characters. ( I don't know how it would work gameplay-wise, but it sounds good )

That's a pretty cool idea

I have a feeling that we may get to see/participate in the past mistakes that Michael mentions in the official trailer, during a prologue. Or at the very least, I think we will get to see them in a flashback type cutscene

BUT....

That would be interesting. what if you could choose who to betray? like there is a final job and one of the three will steal the take but you chose who. Doubt it will happen. there are actually a lot of interesting things they could do with three leads.

I find it strange that I haven't played this game, yet I already wonder if GTA will ever be the same with just one lead character..

I don't' mean to get ahead of myself, it's just that I'm really curious to see what's up R*s sleeve for the next few titles..

• Like 1