DuPz0r

GTA V Story Predictions/Influences

I read an article somewhere that speculated that Michael was from Liberty City, and in the first trailer he explains his reason for moving to LS. This made me think that maybe that's where he got most of his bank robbing experience. Which leads me to my prediction/scenario which I know will not happen but I thought I'd throw it out there..

So maybe GTA V starts out as Michael in Liberty, at Francis International, boarding his flight, perhaps with family.. During this scene he explains his reasons for leaving.. I understand that it might throw off the vibe a bit by initiating the game in Liberty rather than LS but I thought it would make for an interesting way to introduce his character.. Give us a little history to understand where he's coming from..

Yeah, I saw that CVG video too...

http://www.computera...and-gta-online/

And I doubt it. Rockstar usually throws us into the present and the backstory is explained in the first few hours of gameplay through dialogue (with the exception of L.A Noire, different writer). That seems to be the style of direction that Sam and Dan Houser cling to.

Plus that prologue in Mafia 2 (and Saints Row 3) kinda threw off the pacing for me... my opinion, though, I guess.

• Like 1

ive got it in my head that they'll b a mission where a guy gets killed from maybe gambling debts or drug deal gone wrong but u hear from another person he owed money to him an that he'll pay u to kill him but he wants proof (his corpse ) u go down as more than likely trevor and get the body as he his probably the 1 who fits in best with retrival of a dead person then once ur back to the surface u drive it to the guy who wants him show him get paid mission passed and maybe the guy had a nice house somewhere and he may give u the keys or deeds so u now own it

I read an article somewhere that speculated that Michael was from Liberty City, and in the first trailer he explains his reason for moving to LS. This made me think that maybe that's where he got most of his bank robbing experience. Which leads me to my prediction/scenario which I know will not happen but I thought I'd throw it out there..

So maybe GTA V starts out as Michael in Liberty, at Francis International, boarding his flight, perhaps with family.. During this scene he explains his reasons for leaving.. I understand that it might throw off the vibe a bit by initiating the game in Liberty rather than LS but I thought it would make for an interesting way to introduce his character.. Give us a little history to understand where he's coming from..

"Remember that the three characters in the game are already living in the city of Los Santos and surrounding areas. They are not newcomers like Niko and Tommy Vercetti or people returning after a long absence as CJ," he continued.

"They already have contacts, they are integrated and lead a busy life. Just these characterstics should give players a sense of immediate and total immersion."

ive got it in my head that they'll b a mission where a guy gets killed from maybe gambling debts or drug deal gone wrong but u hear from another person he owed money to him an that he'll pay u to kill him but he wants proof (his corpse ) u go down as more than likely trevor and get the body as he his probably the 1 who fits in best with retrival of a dead person then once ur back to the surface u drive it to the guy who wants him show him get paid mission passed and maybe the guy had a nice house somewhere and he may give u the keys or deeds so u now own it

http://www.gtaforums.com/

• Like 4

It is true that they have been living in SA for a while, but Micheal's bank robbing days were years earlier. I am thinking that what ever happened to him that landed him witness protection was at least 10 years prior or even 20 if you assume he had his kids after he got out of the business. It also makes sense that his deal with the FIB would mean a relocation and the first trailer basically outright says that he moved out to SA after "retiring".

So the game could start us out in the 90's in LC or VC when Micheal and Trevor are pulling off a heist. something goes wrong, someone gets killed, Micheal gets caught by the FIB and makes a deal with them. Bam its years later in SA, Micheal is trying to enjoy his retirement, Trevor followed Mike out to SA but they are keeping their distance from each other (this is plenty of time for them to build connections). Seeing Franklin in action is what sets Micheal off, Franklin reminds him of himself when he was young. At first he is going to offer to help Franklin out, give him same advice on how to be successful in the game. what ever happens they are going to have to work together long enough for Franklin to prove his skills to Micheal enough for Micheal to want him as a heist partner. So after getting a taste of the old life he decides to try a couple bigger jobs and he goes to talk to Trevor about getting back into the game. eventually they start the smaller heist but it wont take long for the FIB to get wind of whats going on. Luckily R*'s government agents are always corrupt and they are willing to let Micheal work in exchange for some favors.

Each character will have its own antagonist i think. Trevor's will be someone in the Lost. Francklin's will likely be related to the gang and I think it could even be someone from his own gang. I actually think Micheal's will be related to whoever he sold out to get the deal with the FIB (Mob boss??).I also believe someone at the FIB will be the main antagonist for the entire game. This guy/gal is going to string all three of them along asking for more and more after each major heist. Eventually they are going to have to make a decision to ki

• Like 3

Each character will have its own antagonist i think. Trevor's will be someone in the Lost. Francklin's will likely be related to the gang and I think it could even be someone from his own gang. I actually think Micheal's will be related to whoever he sold out to get the deal with the FIB (Mob boss??).I also believe someone at the FIB will be the main antagonist for the entire game. This guy/gal is going to string all three of them along asking for more and more after each major heist.

I agree. I think that there will possibly be multiple Antagonists, with at least one main Bad Guy for each of the Protagonists.

I also agree with your descriptions of the Antagonists, Trevor's will be a Psychopathic Biker, Franklin's will be one of the Leaders of the Ballas Gangs ( or possibly a Hispanic gang ), and Michael's main enemy will be someone from his past, possibly one of the Mob Boss's he screwed over when making a deal with the FIB. Who is alerted to Michael's location when he starts making moves in the criminal underworld again/ pulling heists...

That Franklin part had to have been a troll....

Why? It would fit with his gang history.

It could be an old enemy from his younger days as a gangbanger. Only now he's gone from a small time gangster to the head of the Strongest Ballas Gang in all of Los Santos.

Just an idea.

I don't know what your eyes have seen but judging from the trailers Franklin has been shown wearing a lot of green (Grove Street) and shooting a lot of purple (Ballas).

But, touching on Bronson's unintentional point, as Franklin is trying to give up gang life, issues with the leader of his own gang would be more likely and more interesting than issues with the leader of a rival gang.

• Like 2

That Franklin part had to have been a troll....

Not at all, I assume you are speaking about when I said it could be from his own gang?

But, touching on Bronson's unintentional point, as Franklin is trying to give up gang life, issues with the leader of his own gang would be more likely and more interesting than issues with the leader of a rival gang.

That is what I was thinking. We even see it in the trailer when Lamar says something to the effect of Franklin sounding like a snitch. I am not doubting Franklins loyalty but his crew might, especially if they learn that he is doing jobs for the FIB.

There is another theory about Franklin that I have been hearing is that he might actually be an undercover cop. I do not really think this is true, and there is no evidence of it, but it is an interesting idea none the less. I do know that R* loves plot twist and betrayals.

Edited by calimann83

I assumed very quickly that Lamar could end up being a problem later on. There's a screenshot where Lamar is working with Franklin and Trevor, but I feel like the tension between him and Franklin could escalate quite a bit, regardless of any working relationship they have.

here is my opinion of the story if anyone cares that is...

R* said something about being able to play as the protagonists and the antagonist so here what i think

michael get sent to kill someone in blaine county by the FIB who just happens to be close to Trevor making trevor look for revenge and someone tells him it was a member of the grove street gang so he kills a close friend of Franklins and by this franklin takes action by hunting down people in Rockford hills...

Overall this concept of being the antagonist towards the other characters may go against them but all 3 characters dont know something the player does

however this may be all wrong in the end and most likely be something completely different

true you do have a point cause i remember them saying something about not being able to buy property but later on in the gameplay video it showed something else so i dont know what to expect anything can happen

And I doubt it. Rockstar usually throws us into the present and the backstory is explained in the first few hours of gameplay through dialogue (with the exception of L.A Noire, different writer). That seems to be the style of direction that Sam and Dan Houser cling to.

Didn't GTA San Andreas start off with CJ in Liberty City ?

Didn't GTA San Andreas start off with CJ in Liberty City ?

Yeah. At the airport. But all you knew was he was going home coz his mum died. They filled in the rest in the first few hours of game play

Yeah. At the airport. But all you knew was he was going home coz his mum died. They filled in the rest in the first few hours of game play

Right.. It's been a while since I played San Andreas. Maybe I should pick it up again, just to keep me busy until the big release.

Also, didn't we see Sonny Forelli in Liberty City in the opening cut-scene of GTA: Vice City too ?

I never realized this before now but that's two times this has happened in a GTA game.. I wouldn't be too surprised if GTA V has a similar beginning. The idea of Michael and his family moving from Liberty City to Los Santos as the game starts, sounds really cool. But then that wouldn't really fit in with the fact that the main characters aren't new guys in town.

So much speculation, so many questions... It's driving me crazy!

• Like 1

well in SA we only hear CJ's brother telling him that their mom had died and we only see him in the LS air port. R* later released a prolog of sorts that showed CJ in LC but it wasn't part of the actual game.

regardless, I dont think we can rely to much on what they did for previous games. As discussed before there is always something in every GTA that they "never did before".

Finally, I dont think that information coming from the same time period as when they said no buying property can automatically be discounted. They specifically changed their minds on that then told us. so unless R* tells us differently then the information from back then seems perfectly valid.

• Like 3

That long-winded list can be simplified to:

• Michael did not start the game living in a mansion, but a Hotel, the Hotel Von Crastenburg. (Because he is in the FIB protection program.)
  • Franklin has no family, money

Any thoughts as to how the story begins and how Michael and Franklin find each other?

I'm hoping there will be a finally mission at the end that involves a cruise liner (I know there will be the yacht one)or shipping container heist that is intensely dramatic: they are tipped off by someone about a container full of money or like gold from fort Knox or some insane shit, but when they go to open it, it triggers an explosion. As the boats sinking, a protagonist has to find an exist with little time moving air bubble to air bubble, while the other two are trying to stay above the rising water. All of this happens as a really dramatic score is playing in the background. That is my idea of a good ass mission

Maybe Micheal starts the game living in a hotel because we are dropped straight into a job that goes wrong. His wife finds out he is back in the game and kicks him out. This would also explain the animosity between him and his wife in the trailers too.