mocha

GTA V Confirmed to be only Los Santos

*sigh*

The first information about GTA San Andreas already told us there would be more then one city. We knew that out of the gate.

May 12th, 2004

"Five years ago Carl Johnson escaped from the pressures of life in Los Santos, San Andreas...a city tearing itself apart with gang trouble, drugs and corruption; where film stars and millionaires do their best to avoid the dealers and gang bangers.

Now, it's the early 90s. Carl's got to go home. His mother has been murdered, his family has fallen apart and his childhood friends are all heading towards disaster.

On his return to the neighborhood, a couple of corrupt cops frame him for homicide. CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas, to save his family and to take control of the streets."

That's what we were told from the beginning, after all the first trailer wasn't released until late August 2004.

This time we've been told something completely different.

November 3rd, 2011

"We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California."

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it. <_<

"Game informer: You just released the GTA V trailer. Can you talk about that project in any respect? Obviously, it looks like its going back to San Andreas.

Dan Houser: I've got to be real careful here, or they will drag me through the office and whip me with barbwire. I will stick to exactly what's in the press release. It's Los Santos and the surrounding country side-and a very big map.'"

Why Dan have to be careful? If it was a simple question he would answer only Los Santos and surrounds.

The press release talks about southern California, but not only southern California.

Big Map, Collossal Map.

San Andreas said it took place over the entire state. It said that from day one.

GTA V says it takes place in Los Santos and the surrounding countryside of Southern California. That's what they've been saying since day one this time.

Look, you can believe whatever you want to believe, but face it. Facts are facts.

i think it boils down to common sense,Rockstar should put san fierro,las venturas and surrounding countryside into the game because us (the consumers) know of such places and if we buy the game they arent on there well we will be pretty pissed off the game wont sell very well and rockstar should know that,unless they release those cities as extentions (like lost and damned and gay tony) someone has probably said this before.

but the question that is really on my mind is the radio stations,oh god the radio stations.

100% wrong.

I would buy the game even if it didn't have the other two cities...

I think that instead of having Las Venturas and San Fierro, it might have a view mexican boarder cities.. especially with the gang/drug wars that go on down there...

I think once trailer two is released this debate will be decidedly put to rest. OPX, did they state which three cities in the original press release? OR did they just saying the "state of San Andreas" because if thats all they said its essentially the same thing as saying "Southern California"

Look, you can believe whatever you want to believe, but face it. Facts are facts.

Okay, look. I'm not saying that SF and LV will appear or that they are likely to appear.

But there is sufficient reason to think that they will. Listen to the statement. Game Informer says that GTA V is returning to San Andreas and asks if Dan will comment on that. Why does he have to be careful? Why does he have to defer to the press release? Why doesn't he say, "Well actually it's not all of San Andreas, it's just Los Santos." He's extremely reluctant to accidentally hint at anything other than what's in the press release. But if the game only takes place in Los Santos and it's surrounding area, why would he need to be careful at all?

These are good questions. To just sit back and say, "Well the press release doesn't say that SF or LV will be in it therefore it's not" but to ignore this obviously suspicious behavior is lazy thinking.

IMO, a huge Los Santos that looks alive, some countryside with different terrain types and a good looking (hikeable) mountain should be enough.

I bet there will be a lot of missions throughout the countryside/mountain and a lot of stuff to do (messing with campers, finding easter eggs, bike challenges, maybe fishing/hunting (but this is pretty unlikely).

IMO, a huge Los Santos that looks alive, some countryside with different terrain types and a good looking (hikeable) mountain should be enough.

I bet there will be a lot of missions throughout the countryside/mountain and a lot of stuff to do (messing with campers, finding easter eggs, bike challenges, maybe fishing/hunting (but this is pretty unlikely).

Yeah, if it's really a big map, I would like to see a huge, detailed city with a lot of dynamic events. Unlike in GTA IV, where there was only ONE place where cars were pulled over. I think arrests, cars being pulled over, car chases etc... should be random, it was pretty unrealistic how you were the only one who the cops chased in vehicles in IV. I also liked RDR with all those events like the cannibals and robbers, I hope that's included in this game, but modernized obviously.

And about the terrain, I would really like to see snow, like snow that you can actually walk in. Along with sand, grassy fields and forest floors. That's what was missing from IV, it was all just concrete. But I suppose that was the aim, to replicate NYC.

im skeptical because what is the point of an airport for one giant city in the gta world... (or is it just that im still wanting an hoping)

either way liberty city was big an broken up but no working planes...

this guy says "R* wouldnt put out one city/state for gta5 with only one airport, makes absolutely no sense. UNLESS LS is the size of like 4 LC's. but i dont think thats gonna happen"

im skeptical because what is the point of an airport for one giant city in the gta world... (or is it just that im still wanting an hoping)

this guy says "R* wouldnt put out one city/state for gta5 with only one airport, makes absolutely no sense. UNLESS LS is the size of like 4 LC's. but i dont think thats gonna happen"

If there are planes in the game (which seems almost confirmed) there will most likely be more than 1 airport. Maybe another small version of San Diego, as it's in Southern California.

Guest Marney1

If there are planes in the game (which seems almost confirmed) there will most likely be more than 1 airport. Maybe another small version of San Diego, as it's in Southern California.

Maybe a desert runway too. :)

Maybe a desert runway too. :)

Maybe a military base somewhere in the desert with tanks, jets and a big ass runway.