rm80rams

The Last of Us

Guest Marney-1

dude, this just rocked the sony presser... they showed gameplay and it looked down right gritty... i am sure something will pop up soon showing it... it looked like an uncharted/survival hybrid...

GOT IT!

Just been watching this myself and thought the melee was excellent. A bit of stealth as in creeping around always lifts my interest for a game too,

it looked like every battle could potentially play differently depending on what room you go into... you can't just run out blastin' mofos... he actually ran out of bullets and had to fight up close for a while... at to be honest, i would think melee would be a bigger focus than shooting, since bullets are hard to come by... it's more of a luxury... i love how the guy at the end begs, but the lead character shows no hesitation...

I've been watching out for this since the chatter began a few days before the first announcement, and I can't wait. Excited when I heard it was being developed by Naughty Dog as been a fan of the Uncharted series, so for me they're one of the few game companies who I'd look out for new games from. Seen most if not all of the video's that have been released since and each one has done nothing to deter me from wanting to pre-order it.

Interesting few thing are the fact that the secondary character Ellie will act independently of the main character Joel, as seen in one of the video's, so should be good to be able to concentrate on the enemies you are facing rather than having to go back and lead your companion to where you need them to be, and the non-regeneration of health too is going to be a nice change, means being more tactical but also with being able to play the game in different ways your going to want to go back and re-play it I imagine.

Extended Demo!

yup, played completely different as i had hoped... this is going to be the best game ever, a completely dynamic environment that adjusts to every single second of change in the structure of the world... throw a bottle, then throw off the enemies pattern... i bet he could of sneaked past all of them at that point... or throw the bottle at the guy and beat the shit out of him with your lead pipe :lol:...

i kinda worry that it might be hard to keep track of where the enemies are... i mean, are these people demoing that know what's out there, or does the enemy always try to stay in front of you? i spotted a couple of moments where the camera panned just at the right time to spot an enemy run past the doorway... is that also dynamic??

EDIT: actually, now that i think about it, i bet the new hitman will be just as dynamic... they're also focusing on enemy AI and unpredictability...

Extended Demo!

i kinda worry that it might be hard to keep track of where the enemies are... i mean, are these people demoing that know what's out there, or does the enemy always try to stay in front of you? i spotted a couple of moments where the camera panned just at the right time to spot an enemy run past the doorway... is that also dynamic??

I kinda get your question. There will be no radar so you never know where you enimies will be with I think is a brilliant idea. Too many radars these days. And I think that those might be dynamic moments. But one thing i spotted was that the ladder wasn't there at the start in this demo. Did they just update the game and added getting the ladder and having to put it there, or is it a different difficulty level which requires you to think more......

basically, what i noticed was, in the first demo the girl spotted the ladder... but in the latest one, jules looked that direction before she did and saw nothing... i think she has a lot to say with how the environment reacts to both of you... again, the only word i can come up with when describing this game is "dynamic"... everything feels organic and in your control, including the world, the enemies, your partner, and the kind of loot you discover...

basically, what i noticed was, in the first demo the girl spotted the ladder... but in the latest one, jules looked that direction before she did and saw nothing... i think she has a lot to say with how the environment reacts to both of you... again, the only word i can come up with when describing this game is "dynamic"... everything feels organic and in your control, including the world, the enemies, your partner, and the kind of loot you discover...

I remember someone saying that you could have made it through that entire level without killing one guy..... But this is some of the most intellegent A.I. ive ever seen in a video game. This girl looks like she will be vital for your survival and not just a handicap which is what happen's in most co-op games.

I remember someone saying that you could have made it through that entire level without killing one guy..... But this is some of the most intellegent A.I. ive ever seen in a video game. This girl looks like she will be vital for your survival and not just a handicap which is what happen's in most co-op games.

I loved how the bad guys interacted physically and vocally with both each other and your character/s. Definitely some of the most dynamic animation and dialog combos we've seen on any game to date.

this isn't available to play at that euro game expo is it?? :P...

yea, the enemies reacting and talking to each other, working together to catch you... the fact that weapons are so rare creates this dynamic enemy, because he's probably thinking you got some bullets and gear to loot... assuming that, they work together to flank you... and once again, you hear someone in the group shout out, "he's got a gun!" to warn the group to take cover when they can...

unbelievable, really...

this isn't available to play at that euro game expo is it?? :P...

yea, the enemies reacting and talking to each other, working together to catch you... the fact that weapons are so rare creates this dynamic enemy, because he's probably thinking you got some bullets and gear to loot... assuming that, they work together to flank you... and once again, you hear someone in the group shout out, "he's got a gun!" to warn the group to take cover when they can...

unbelievable, really...

Nah unfortunately not, otherwise it would have been the first game booth i would have queued at!

And yeah, the sense of believable conversation between enemies as well as the sense of dominance from bigger groups, is really quite an amazing thing. They've really polished that part of the game mechanics from what we've seen here on this video.