rm80rams

The Last of Us

I've been enjoying the single player on the PS4, I absolutely blow at sneaking around, but it's ok - fists of fury.

• Like 1

You have seen me play video games, did you honestly expect me to beat any other difficulties besides normal? That shit is challenging for me.

• Like 1

You'll get used to DEM sticks.

But honestly though, I enjoyed the game the most at Survival difficulty. Having fuck all ammo and health really makes you think about every single part of the game, and how you'll make it to that next checkpoint. And not having that wall hack ability made it feel even more like you're trying to survive. I'm really on the verge of buying this again on PS4...

• Like 1

I will start on this soon and probably play cuda-style... I've never been that great at stealth in games so it's a matter of balancing the frustration of constantly fucking up with getting enjoyment out of the game and digging the story...

Hey guys, can you post some screenshots here from your ps4. I wanna see what I'm missing, also see how much better it looks. That means you too cuda.

That's another thing I need to learn to do...

inb4 300 screenshots of cuda dying in assorted scenarios.

My best death so far was me trying to sneak behind a clicker for the old shiv-eroo, and accidentally just hit him/her with a bottle.

I have found a couple of bugs too, just after the Bill levels, where you find yourself in the city and have to get over the bridge - in one of those areas my retarded ass got semi caught while on stealth, for the duration of that area all the fucking NCPS just ran around in full speed doing circles up and down stairs, making it a bitch to sneak through.

• Like 1

Dupz, I sent a couple via PSN - I don't have an image host yet... I'll try to get some better ones too...

This game is beautiful - makes GTAV almost look dated...

Haha cuda - the first possible opportunity to die in this game, I took it... 4 times... all you needed to do was walk and I fucked that up... it's going to be a looong game... :lol:

• Like 1

My favorite death in this game was after a long, drawn out shootout. I was out of ammo, and there was just me and one guy left. He had a shotgun, so after he took a shot, I rushed him.

I pressed square, and as I went to punch him, he cocked me with the stock of the gun. For some reason this made me laugh, because of all the time wasted and the way it ended.

Been playing it since Friday. Have to admit its a little "slow going" but I'm gradually getting into it. Certainly won't do survival mode though - sod that I'm useless as it is!

Some people say this is the best game they've ever played - think I'll make judgement once I've completed it.

The graphics are absolutely stunning though and without doubt the best I've ever seen. The camera mode feature is superb too, here's one of my screenshots from the other night:

BuC0ggSIMAAOpU7.jpg

• Like 2

Just finished this. Pretty good. Wasn't worth the entire gaming community jizzing its collective pants over, but it was pretty good.

I enjoyed playing as Ellie, the few times you're able to do so. Not enough games where the protagonist is a little girl, which is not something I ever expected to say.

I was surprised that Joel didn't die. I really expected him to.

I still don't care for this game. I played it once and it was okay but I didn't feel compelled to play it again.

Glad most of you liked it though

I still don't care for this game. I played it once and it was okay but I didn't feel compelled to play it again.

Glad most of you liked it though

I feel much the same way!  Had people at work how fantastic it was, best game they ever played but I don't think its as good as they made it out to be.

It has its moments but nothing more than "meh, its ok/not too bad".

Finally finished this game, including the DLC (which was quite short).

On reflection, this is probably the best story told in a game. The execution of story and the likability of the two protagonists, as well as their character development throughout the game was the pinnacle of a masterpiece. The game play itself was very good, and I enjoyed the juxtaposition of calmness to chaos. 

However, I found the perfectionist in me kept wanting to replay encounters to reserve the scarce resources. Although, the game became more enjoyable once I stopped caring about any of that and just shotgunned or bow an arrow'd anything in my way, with tact of course.

Overall, brilliant.

• Like 1

This game is intense. I'm finding myself taking breaks not because I have a short attention span or because I'm too drunk to play any more, but because I'm on the edge of my seat. some aspects of the game are average. the limited pick ups and the strictly linear game play, but this is more than made up for with the story and the tension that the game creates.

I had a really random thought while playing this game last night.

This is a platform game for grown ups.

Think about it. you can only move forward, there are heaps of things to pick up and if you die you just go back to the last save point. Naughty Dog are still just giving us crash bandicoot. except now its in 3d and there are guns and zombies.