rm80rams

The Last of Us

i'll look into it later tonight ;)... looking from the screencap of the video, it looks like i'lll need to backup my save files...

I don't think it affect those. It's only photo, music and video playlists saved to your HDD that need backing up. < That's with the Rebuild Database option anyway. I always use the Restore File System, at least once a month, it keeps my installed data cleaned up and neatly partitioned in one corner of my drive. You don't need to back anything up for that.

well that was a great game! loved the story.

Are you ready for Multiplayer gang rapes? I asked Psy to play multiplayer last night, but he just got back from a hard day at the office. >_> I will get him on soon though!

I've had a series of bad games recently. I've not had enough supplies to feed my whole group. One of my facebook friends died, and i a few are sick xD When i saw it first pop up in the corner, i was like O_O hahaha i killed someone i used to know from school due to malnutrition...

As great as this game was, I'm already done the story, and the MP sucks..

So Joel sacrificed the possiblity of saving mankind because he loved Ellie? Seems kind of stupid to me...

you missed a key part in that exchange...

she "might" save humanity... she wasn't even close to being the only one who was immune, there was dozens of dead souls before her that produced no cure... once he realized she was just another pawn, he snapped because he didn't want to lose another person he cared for... plus, the fireflies had pretty much kidnapped her and held him hostage in the process... that wouldn't sit well with me either if i were in his shoes...

i thought the ending was brilliant, it's never been done before... and elle knew it was a lie, but she trusts enough in joel to accept what he had to say no matter what it was because she knew he meant well whatever it is he did... again, it was well crafted...

• Like 3

So Joel sacrificed the possiblity of saving mankind because he loved Ellie? Seems kind of stupid to me...

I don't know how to do the spoiler shit, so....

*****SPOILERS********

MAJOR PLOT SPOILERS BELOW

DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE GAME

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

The ending was fucking amazing imo. It didn't take the predictable "Oh Joel does the right thing and gives Ellie to the Fireflys". That would be bullshit. Especially considering the fact that the Fireflys wanted her for shady reasons (control over the government and military). Besides, what would a vaccine do? The infected are still in fact infected. It would take years to mass produce the vaccine if it would ever be mass produced, considering the fireflys are an underground movement with dwindling numbers. I love the ending, Joel knew the whole thing was bullshit.

I do also think Joel knew it was bullshit before, that's why he told Ellie "We don't have to do this, we can turn around and go back to Tommy's" and he was skepitcal before, but he did promise Tess.

I don't know how to do the spoiler shit, so....

*****SPOILERS********

MAJOR PLOT SPOILERS BELOW

DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE GAME

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

The ending was fucking amazing imo. It didn't take the predictable "Oh Joel does the right thing and gives Ellie to the Fireflys". That would be bullshit. Especially considering the fact that the Fireflys wanted her for shady reasons (control over the government and military). Besides, what would a vaccine do? The infected are still in fact infected. It would take years to mass produce the vaccine if it would ever be mass produced, considering the fireflys are an underground movement with dwindling numbers. I love the ending, Joel knew the whole thing was bullshit.

[ spoiler ] blah blah blah [ /spoiler ] without spaces.

I'm almost finished on my second play-through. I've not the cusp of completing all of the upgrades. I still need around 30 collectables though... I really spent time looking around on this playthrough (not that i didn't the first time) Some of this stuff is really well hidden). I'm ready for survivor mode now!

no way man, i'm beating this sucker on hard one more time before i attempt that... i am in the infant stages of pittsburgh, and i haven't missed a collectible yet, i am out of shivs though, i better find some scissors when i resume this again soon :lol:... some of the collectibles are behind those doors...

did you play through the game on hard the first time? are you doing + on the second play?

Normal + But I figured if I get all the upgrades by the end of this run, I may be able to use them on survivor? If not then it shall be a scary run. I'll probably stealth every chance I get.

yea, the only way to play survivor + is by beating survivor in the first place... the game resets if you choose to play a harder difficulty, all the chapters are gone on my current play, just the ones i have thus played... so technically, i have 3 more playthroughs after this one because i still plan on playing hard + to get all the fully upgraded trophies and convo shit... but the cool thing about it is, i wont be tethered to working toward trophies on survival... i just want to finish it, no matter what it takes to get there... it could create one crazy fucking playthrough of reckless abandonment... not stopping for anything, just trying to get to;

the fucking hospital...

i am kinda excited about the crazy challenge... after blazing through the 1st half on hard, i realized how easy this game is once you understand the enemies... sure you'll still die, but it only makes you understand the patterns better... but not having joel's listen mode will make it nearly impossible to not run into a skirmish at every turn...

I found the second run on normal + really easy. I didnt realise how easy it was to sneak past clickers, especially with listen mode. I'm looking forward to survivor mode, but I'm not sure I'll enjoy being flanked constantly by bandits and all that.

i am finding on hard that i am actually a lot better at sneaking than i was on the first playthrough where i constantly got into skirmishes... so far i've been able to sneak around and take out most of the guards before wailing on the last few left... i am still dreading the scariest fucking part of the game that is literally an hour away in game time... it's the part where;

joel falls with the elevator into the murky mess and emerges inside the building adjacent to the hotel... it got fucking freaked out in that place... i couldn't figure out how to open the keycard door and when i did, HOLY SHIT!! bloater!! i just fucking ran to the exit :lol:...

that was the scariest moment right there, and i thought i would run into a far worse area after that but nothing ever did top it... something about it reminded me of the scariest part in the uncharted series for me, inside that abandoned underground bunker where the those things lived...

Well I started my survivor run today. Funny thing is, you can use your plus game unlocks. I loaded my 100% plus game file and then went to chapter select ans chose the prologue chapter and then survivor difficulty... It loaded fine with my character and weapon enhancements. Survivor mode ia pretty crazy though. You literally need to learn all the AI routes and stealth everything. Unless you're Billy the kid and can headshot everyone in a heartbeat anyway...

ok, the game stopped loading again.. i did the thing in both of the videos and it's still the same bullshit... i managed to get it to load one time and when i started exploring i ran into another instance where the ground failed to load in front of me so joel treats it like it's a cliff even though it's the only way to go... this is turning into game breaking territory... i can't take this shit anymore...

oh and guess what? remember that scene i wanted to see again because the audio cut out, and i thought it was the best cutscene in the game?? yea, it cut out on me again and i didn't get to hear it, again... and that's when the problems started again...

fuck this shit, i can't play it anymore like this...

ok, the game stopped loading again.. i did the thing in both of the videos and it's still the same bullshit... i managed to get it to load one time and when i started exploring i ran into another instance where the ground failed to load in front of me so joel treats it like it's a cliff even though it's the only way to go... this is turning into game breaking territory... i can't take this shit anymore...

oh and guess what? remember that scene i wanted to see again because the audio cut out, and i thought it was the best cutscene in the game?? yea, it cut out on me again and i didn't get to hear it, again... and that's when the problems started again...

fuck this shit, i can't play it anymore like this...

Damn, I'm still let to experience any audio cuts or loading problems. Did you install patch 1.02 recently? I've had broadband problems this past week and haven't installed it. Was just seeing if that patch did more damage than good?

that was a multiplayer patch... they removed some phone number on a wall in the single player game, i guess it was a phone sex number :lol:... but yea, i've done all there is to do to try and play this... nothing works... i am having audio issues and animation issues as well... i'm done, i am moving on to something else hoping someday it gets patched and i can come back to it... i just can't play it like this anymore...