rm80rams

The Last of Us

the game stays true to it's formula from start to finish... it started off with one of the best opening scenes, and never lets up throughout... i can see why it got some perfect scores, but i saw a couple of not so good things that stood out to me, especially those loading issues and enemies popping up right in front of me, or ground textures not loading, forcing my character to treat them like a cliff, forcing a reload... or the sometimes funny ally AI that ran right in front of enemies unnoticed... shit like that...

otherwise it is perfect, but those glitches and awkward moments are enough to make it more like a 8.5/9 for me... it's well worth the journey though.. buy the ticket, take the ride...

The only one of those I experienced was the last one, but I find that at least the ally AI doesn't always blow your cover, because that would fucking blow and basically ruin the game.

we'll see if the game still acts up the 2nd time i play it... oh yea, there will be a second time, it's that good...

i am still thinking about the ending... that was just, wow...

EDIT: also, i unlocked the "unlock all locked doors with a shiv" trophy the first time through... and here i thought i missed a bunch of them... i guess i was more thorough that i thought i was :lol:... leave it to fallout to teach me how to scavenge the wasteland...

we'll see if the game still acts up the 2nd time i play it... oh yea, there will be a second time, it's that good...

i am still thinking about the ending... that was just, wow...

EDIT: also, i unlocked the "unlock all locked doors with a shiv" trophy the first time through... and here i thought i missed a bunch of them... i guess i was more thorough that i thought i was :lol:... leave it to fallout to teach me how to scavenge the wasteland...

I love the New Game + feature, but I just wish it could let you upgrade the difficulty. I played the first time on medium, and I wanted to change it to hard on NG+, but it didn't. So the next playthrough has been ridiculously easy.

I missed one shiv door right near the start because i didn't have any shivs at the time.

After playing multiplayer a little more, i seem to like it more. Although it's very similar to Max Payne's multiplayer, the guns and ammo seem to be more fairly given. You earn ammo and gun upgrades for reviving fallen allies, and for kills and executions. So the only perk to leveling up is for different guns, which may not make a difference anyway...

New ringtone maybe? (small sample only not full song)

TheLastofUsStrings.mp3

I never really get into MP on most games, but I keep going back to TLoU's MP. I think it's cause it's not like most MPs where the modes are generic and it's a typical shooter. TLoU's MP actually feels like the single player, as it's about survival, and not just a shoot-em-up. Plus I love the two modes. Neither really seem generic, unlike the modes on UC3's MP, which got old fairly quickly.

Yeah agreed. The survival instinct is very clear in the MP, and everyone huddles together like you probably would in real life, unless you're a bowss.

I'm currently doing re-runs collecting shit i missed. It's cool that you can cut in on chapters if you like. One thing i'm confused about though, does all the collectibles reset when you play a + game? because i swear i'm picking up stuff i already had...

so i started a new game on hard, i am still unsure about playing this on survival because i whore joel's noise detection ability and i know for a fact i will struggle without that... so it'll be something i will consider some day down the road since i will still have another playthrough where i beat it on hard + after this current play...

i am using a guide to find the collectibles i missed... according to the stats for each level i didn't miss many :D... the conversation ones will be the hardest part since i still have audio issues and general bugs on a consistence basis, so i'll save that for later too after a patch... i've already seen NPC's freeze in the middle of an animation sequence, while hilariously watching each character in a stiff pose trying to play "

"... here's a moment where i went for the silent kill and both of the characters stood there for 10 seconds... all of a sudden he's dead and still standing there... so i took that as a photo opportunity :D...

tlou01.jpg

now that's how you bribe the guard into letting you pass through...

------

also, here's a random shot i took, it's the things you see the second time through, like the ration line near the beginning of the game i missed the first time... i hope to find more cool little things i missed the first time like this...

tlou02.jpg

i'll keep the rest in spoilers if it shows off anything key to the game... but so far these are harmless...

-----

i might dabble in the online shit tonight... last time i tried it wouldn't connect me to a game...

tlou01.jpg

now that's how you bribe the guard into letting you pass through...

It appears as though he slung his schlong over your shoulder. Super LOL plus.

• Like 1

ok, online sucks donkey balls... i just got done playing with a bunch of frat boys who teabagged after every kill... i had two kills the first match, and none over the next 4 matches... i don't think i'll play much of this, i didn't even gain a fucking level... what a waste of time...

EDIT: now i can't find a match and it just locked up... i don't even know if i want to continue on anymore with the amount of times it's locked up my PS3 or stuck me with ridiculously long load times and glitches galore... is this game even worth it anymore??

how do you gain a level? i earned a bunch of shit but never leveled up... my camp is up to 12 people i think, but i don't really know what to do with that... if i stop playing for a couple of days, do the people in my camp starve??

i'll give it another go tonight, but if there is more of the same, plus the bugs on top of that, then i am done with it...

I managed to get 40 people in my camp in 5 or 6 games. No-one has starved as of yet. You and Your faction grows based on parts/scraps HqZ21y4.jpg & supplies 35VOiGm.jpg found in-games. So always try and scavenge as many parts from those as you can. Also, kills drop supplies.

As your faction grows, you need to be getting more and more supplies per day to feed everyone etc. So far one or two games a day seems to get me enough supplies to keep my group happy, but obviously it'll be more demanding further down the line.

I like the little mission objectives you get on the side, it makes it feel like you're fighting for something each game.

I'll be on after work 11pm(gmt)

/edit - btw when it says day number, i'm assuming it means in-game day? So each game/match you play is classed as a day "in game". This seems like it might make supply needs more difficult than i first thought though.

Yeah agreed. The survival instinct is very clear in the MP, and everyone huddles together like you probably would in real life, unless you're a bowss.

I'm currently doing re-runs collecting shit i missed. It's cool that you can cut in on chapters if you like. One thing i'm confused about though, does all the collectibles reset when you play a + game? because i swear i'm picking up stuff i already had...

The collectibles don't show in your inventory, but if you are going for the trophy, I think you only need to pick it up in one playthrough (if you use NG+). It's confusing and annoying, but I think that's how it works.

ok, online sucks donkey balls... i just got done playing with a bunch of frat boys who teabagged after every kill... i had two kills the first match, and none over the next 4 matches... i don't think i'll play much of this, i didn't even gain a fucking level... what a waste of time...

EDIT: now i can't find a match and it just locked up... i don't even know if i want to continue on anymore with the amount of times it's locked up my PS3 or stuck me with ridiculously long load times and glitches galore... is this game even worth it anymore??

Did you get the game from Gamestop? Cause if you have the receipt and say the game is a fucking glitched mess, they will give you a new copy without you paying extra. It's either that or if you have an old PS3 that probably has a hard time running the game.

bOnEs, do you ever go In to the ps3 bootup menu and fix hardrive consistency? sometimes a good clean up will fix parts of the HDD that games are stored and clear any issues it may have trying to load data Into the RAM.