rm80rams

The Last of Us

i've played straight thru since my last save issue, and ignored the loud fan, which got quiet for a while, so i am pretty sure it kicks on because the system is getting too hot... i sure hope it goes smoothly tomorrow, these fat PS3 are pretty outdated nowadays... all i gotta get out of her is at least another year...

My wife kindly paid for my game from her hard earned cash. As long as I buy her something of equal value when I get paid she will be happy. So happy right now, it was out of stock everywhere. I trapced all around town and found a place with one left in stock!

• Like 1

One thing that's kind of disappointed me before I've even played the game is that on the back of the case it says the game runs at 720p, when it's a PS3 exclusive... and every Uncharted game ran at 1080p... What's the deal with that?! Or does it mean minimum of 720p. I can't remember if Uncharted had 720p on the case or not. But I know I hqd it running at 1080p. Anyhow, minor detail really. Time to get this masterpiece fired up!

icon11.gif

Well on another forum I think a cocksucker might have spoiled the ending for me. o yah, they game a spoiler warning....after they typed the spoiler.

they might be having a laugh, but none the less i added the fuck to my ignore list.

edit

I was here for clarification if they were full of shit or not but a better idea is to just play and game and see for myself. this way its not completely spoiled.

2nd edit

another member said "ya yah I saw that already anyways"

so fuck

when i beat the game, tell me your spoiler and i'll let you know if it's true or bullshit... i tend to stay away from stories about a game i am playing so i don't get spoiled... people damn near ruined RDR and LA noire for me...

• Like 1

icon11.gif

they ruined it in a topic about state of decay.

lol

I don't tend to talk about spoilery thingw until the majority of members here have completed. Even then I tag that shit! What an arsehole. Play it anyway dude, its unique and fun!

icon11.gif

Ohh, I will eventually. it looks amazing

I just got a shit load of PC games tho

alan wake bundle for 7 bucks.

my cousin gave me a couple too.

he somehow had extra cd keys for it

The games getting pretty interesting now! I still haven't gottennone single trophy yet, I can already see an Uncharted style progression happening with the collectables. I like that. The small things.

there's no kill 50 guys with a molotov or anything like that... looking at the list, the rewards seem to be in finishing the game... and i can already tell that i probably missed out on a couple of others... if it keeps playing out this good, i might have to give it another go right afterwards...

i entered a very very creepy place not too long ago... place gave me the heebie jeebies... but i'll refrain from talking about it until some of us complete the game... even spoilers sometimes spoil if you're not there yet...

54% done in almost 9 hours of game time... sounds like i still have a long ways to go...

EDIT: jumped online but couldn't find anyone else to play with... looks like online is as scarce as the world it's based on... or the servers were having a hard time connecting me to a match...

I'm slowly making my way through this beautiful world. I'm at 48% and have been playing for almost 8 hours. Not sure if that percentage includes collectables or not though, as I've found 31.... Great game so far, it's felt like an epic journey already, can't wait to see what is still to come.

/edit - I also tried some online earlier. Can't say i fared too well against some of the higher level players. Hopefully Level doesn't mean better gear like MaX Payne 3... I like the facebook team function, makes the team feel more personal. I had DiO & bOnEs collecting supplies lol...

• Like 2

I finally beat the game. I have to say, the story was fucking brilliant. Definitely the best single player experience I have ever had with a game. Not going to spoil it though.

• Like 1

^thanks... i didn't get time to play yesterday, and tonight probably won't be any different... i had the audio cut out on me during a very very key cutscene on monday though;

it's the scene where the black guy had to shoot his little brother, then killed himself... fucking didn't see that coming!

...it reminded me of all the times the audio cut out in cutscenes in the uncharted series for me... i don't know why i have those issues with their games... thankfully i could turn the subtitles on immediately after i noticed that happen... i'll have to re-watch that on youtube in the near future so i can hear it again as it was a key moment in the game so far for me...

@dup - uh oh, i was worried about that aspect of multiplayer, if it was like max payne 3 in that you're gonna suck until you unlock better gear... i too liked the facebook connection thing, but the problem was, people that were gathering firewood and fixing shit are the kind of friends i wouldn't want anywhere near that kind of stuff :lol:...

• Like 2

^ Yeah, i had some women-i-knew-from-school's pictures popping up in the corner saying they collected things. Totaly non-gamers. I was like what O_o at first. I thought they had the game... lol

• Like 1

^ Yeah, i had some women-i-knew-from-school's pictures popping up in the corner saying they collected things. Totaly non-gamers. I was like what O_o at first. I thought they had the game... lol

lol I did the Facebook connect thing and it took all the people I hardly even know and said they are out gathering food or some shit.

god damn the fucking bugs and stalls and delays trying to play this brilliant game!! it pauses forever after death sometimes, it fails to even load other times, it blacks out for a bit before some cutscenes, and sometimes it just plays dumb with me by removing enemies i once saw before my last death...

i don't get it, why am i struggling to play this game?? i am currently stuck somewhere a few chapters from the end, i am going on my 2nd system restart because after dying a couple of times, the game stops loading... seriously, WTF...

god damn the fucking bugs and stalls and delays trying to play this brilliant game!! it pauses forever after death sometimes, it fails to even load other times, it blacks out for a bit before some cutscenes, and sometimes it just plays dumb with me by removing enemies i once saw before my last death...

i don't get it, why am i struggling to play this game?? i am currently stuck somewhere a few chapters from the end, i am going on my 2nd system restart because after dying a couple of times, the game stops loading... seriously, WTF...

I haven't had any problems, besides a couple of problems with the controls not working, but I just quit to the main menu and they were gone. That fucking sucks.

re-installing must of done the trick despite the amount of times i had to restart, even after initially re-installing...it's brilliant, and worth playing again and maybe again... it took a while too, roughly 16 hours, a little longer than an uncharted game... once i got near the end it started clicking on how to play at the utmost highest level that i want to play it again and tear up every single area knowing just how to tackle it...

it's like playing as a hitman, mixed with some uncharted flavor... you're going to be fighting to stay alive for the most part, clinging to the gear you already have... it's an epic story though, and full of crazy fucking moments that happen in the story and when you're trying to desperately make it through an area...

the game stays true to it's formula from start to finish... it started off with one of the best opening scenes, and never lets up throughout... i can see why it got some perfect scores, but i saw a couple of not so good things that stood out to me, especially those loading issues and enemies popping up right in front of me, or ground textures not loading, forcing my character to treat them like a cliff, forcing a reload... or the sometimes funny ally AI that ran right in front of enemies unnoticed... shit like that...

otherwise it is perfect, but those glitches and awkward moments are enough to make it more like a 8.5/9 for me... it's well worth the journey though.. buy the ticket, take the ride...

re-installing must of done the trick despite the amount of times i had to restart, even after initially re-installing...it's brilliant, and worth playing again and maybe again... it took a while too, roughly 16 hours, a little longer than an uncharted game... once i got near the end it started clicking on how to play at the utmost highest level that i want to play it again and tear up every single area knowing just how to tackle it...

it's like playing as a hitman, mixed with some uncharted flavor... you're going to be fighting to stay alive for the most part, clinging to the gear you already have... it's an epic story though, and full of crazy fucking moments that happen in the story and when you're trying to desperately make it through an area...

the game stays true to it's formula from start to finish... it started off with one of the best opening scenes, and never lets up throughout... i can see why it got some perfect scores, but i saw a couple of not so good things that stood out to me, especially those loading issues and enemies popping up right in front of me, or ground textures not loading, forcing my character to treat them like a cliff, forcing a reload... or the sometimes funny ally AI that ran right in front of enemies unnoticed... shit like that...

otherwise it is perfect, but those glitches and awkward moments are enough to make it more like a 8.5/9 for me... it's well worth the journey though.. buy the ticket, take the ride...

I've not had a single glitch in this game. That sucks that you had loading issues and stuff bOnEs... Maybe your PS3 is showing its age. If I used my 60gb FAT for this game, it probably would have keeled over before I completed it (ylod three times). My slim seems to be running it flawlessly atm.

I completed it today.

Here's my micro-review for those of you that haven't played:

The Last of Us - The last survival horror you will need this generation!

One of PS3's most anticipated exclusives of recent times, and one that doesn't disappoint.

Story - This game is a brilliant ride down a gritty post-apocalyptic road, which is tense from start to finish. The story is gripping, and takes you down some unexpected routes. The character's performances are outstanding, one of the best of this generation (apart from maybe L.A. Noire, which is just too hard to beat), and portray real believable characters that everyone can relate to.

Gameplay - The mechanics are polished, and animations are smooth, with the odd A.I. disorientation, but nothing that will make your experience disappointing. The enemies are smart, and do a good job of outnumbering you quick if you are found. No hiding behind boxes for cover for too long in this game, you will be flanked! Apart from the repetitive survival loot pick-ups, the game is balanced very well. Maybe i should try on survival difficulty next, to see if that makes a difference? The length is around 14-16 hours depending of how you play. But can carry over to a new game + mode, if you want to finish your grinds. The length of the game felt just right, with long distances traveled, and periods of time past through-out.

Graphics - This game is nothing short of beautiful. Every area along the way looks jaw dropping, and just right for the setting. from the dilapidated buildings to overgrown foliage, it's perfect for a post-apocalyptic world. There's the odd asset repetition through-out the story, like cabinets, floating pallets, movable ladders and interior layouts. But they are dressed well, and fit with each location, and aren't of any concern. The character models look top notch for what is to be expected on current-gen, even the enemies look of decent quality, especially with the decent facial animations.

Sound - The music, the voice acting, and the ambient sounds just make this game an atmospheric masterpiece. Sometimes the sound makes a game. This game is almost that. From ambient music, to the sounds of shrieking clickers in a dark flooded tunnel. It sets the tone, and wouldn't feel the same without those epic sounds.

This game is a one of a kind, and has to be played before you jump into the next generation. It's just too damn good to miss.

From my personal experience, I'm gonna give this game a 10/10.

(Not given lightly, i don't think I've rated much in the past at 10, apart from GTA games).

And for those of you that have finished the game:

Holy shit, that was a ride! I had a feeling Ellie would die towards the end, and maybe Joel would end his own life or something, afterwards. But they left it open for a possible sequel.

Good times!

I loved how they set the game over a year and traveled through Pittsburgh and through to Salt Lake City. That was one epic journey, even with the ellipsis'!

Also, that was probably the best prologue I've seen in a game, it was so cinematic, it was awesome.

• Like 5