Sign in to follow this  
rm80rams

Making a case for GTA V to be PS3 exclusive

Its probably not going to happen for money reasons, but here is my case of why i think it should.

1 XBOX will hold the game back. The PS3 can go alot further than XBOX in terms of how much more can be put in the game because the PS3 is more advanced (I guess releasing the console later payed off in the long run).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2010/08/26/xbox-360-vs-playstation-3-the-hardware-throwdown *my proof from ign*

2 PS3 is the present and the future of this generation of consoles. Many people are ditching the XBOX for a PS3. (at least who I have talked to) and the ps3 is predicted to pass the 360 in sales sometime in the next year.

Do you agree? Disagree? Any other reasons you can add to my list?

Also, 360 fanboys, please don't get all pissy about this, it's just my opinion and it probably won't happen anyway.

• Like 1

Well they have the multiple disc options like the did with L.A Noire. I personally wouldn't complain about it being PS3 exclusive since I have both. The only real reason the PS3 is more advanced is because it came out a year later and had implemented Sony's Blu-ray technology which can hold 25GB and I think some Blu-ray disc's hold 50GB (I can't say for certain). Obviously since Microsoft is at competition with Sony I can't really see them using Sony's technology in their console and am extremely curious of how the next Xbox console will be disc wise, I could see games being on 256 bit encrypted flashdrives but doubt that will happen due to piracy. Either way I care less if it's exclusive or not.

Well they have the multiple disc options like the did with L.A Noire. I personally wouldn't complain about it being PS3 exclusive since I have both. The only real reason the PS3 is more advanced is because it came out a year later and had implemented Sony's Blu-ray technology which can hold 25GB and I think some Blu-ray disc's hold 50GB (I can't say for certain). Obviously since Microsoft is at competition with Sony I can't really see them using Sony's technology in their console and am extremely curious of how the next Xbox console will be disc wise, I could see games being on 256 bit encrypted flashdrives but doubt that will happen due to piracy. Either way I care less if it's exclusive or not.

i hope its exclusive, one because i hate xbox and two because the game will be better if its ps3 exclusive. look at the quality of ps3 exclusives and then xbox exclusives. ucharted is beast, so is resistance and gran turismo is a great racing game. halo sucks now and it will continue to get worse and gears of war is overrated and always overhyped just like halo.

also i dont think that xbox or sony should have a new console anytime soon, the only thing microsoft can do to improve technologically is just what you said, and ps3 is up to date technologically.

I doubt it will be PlayStation exclusive especially in this economy. Xbox wont hold it back. Ps3 and Xbox360 specs are so close its almost unnoticable.

I wouldn't mind it tho. Gta is just meant for PlayStation. Something about the controller idk.

The controller is horrible for PS3. Sure it has six-axis but I'm a grown man with a grown mans hand, I need a bigger controller which is why I mostly game on Xbox the control fit's my hand. Sadly the PS3 is designed in Japan where they all have tiny hands and forget the rest of the world are tall.

icon11.gif

I really hope for the sake of making the best game possible, they use ps3 as the lead platform for development and port to xbox with a downgraded version. This makes sense. They will have to port anyways. Sure xbox fans will bitch and whine the but the argument of "the system can't handle it" is a bulletproof argument.

exclusive, nah wont happen. they will lose 50% of the market. but with what I said above, everybody wins.

PS:

the best version of the game will eventually be the PC version. not to mention modding.

Yeah but it seems like a huge waste of money for r* to put all this time and money into a game only to downgrade it for one console? Hmmm doesn't seem like the best investment. Gta5 will ( most likely) be released same day for both consoles.

I would laugh my ass off if it became a wii exclusive. Haha fuck u all!!

Considering it's available for pre-order for the 360, I would think that it's not PS3 exclusive. Unless Amazon and every other online retailer is just assuming it will be available for both. I guess I don't know how that all works exactly.

icon11.gif

Yeah but it seems like a huge waste of money for r* to put all this time and money into a game only to downgrade it for one console? Hmmm doesn't seem like the best investment. Gta5 will ( most likely) be released same day for both consoles.

I would laugh my ass off if it became a wii exclusive. Haha fuck u all!!

games are always downgraded all the time when ported. not intentionally. but from laziness, sometimes ports look like shit. even when they started on 360 and moved to PS3. it wouldnt be much different.

plus PC games have setting to make it look better or worse to run on different computers.

so yah its worth it, if they're interested in making the best possible game. and R* is.

Plus a better looking game will result in more sales.

Pc will always have better specs for games mainly because u can upgrade parts past the performance of a console. Consoles will always b head to head for as long as there is video games.

I don't ever see pc getting bigger than console gaming due to the fact people love tvs and controllers

I played gta4 on ps3 and 360 and I didn't see a difference....

The map was made smaller than Rockstar wanted, there wasn't as many missions, cars, or things to do, because an Xbox disc can only hold 9GB dual layered, whereas a PS3 disc can hold 50GB dual layered, more than 5 times what a 360 DL disc can hold

I played gta4 on ps3 and 360 and I didn't see a difference....

The map was made smaller than Rockstar wanted, there wasn't as many missions, cars, or things to do, because an Xbox disc can only hold 9GB dual layered, whereas a PS3 disc can hold 50GB dual layered, more than 5 times what a 360 DL disc can hold

explain rage? That games huge.

Skyrim too is pretty big, and that fits on one 360 disc.

Frankly I don't know how that's possible, but maybe Bethesda knows something we don't.

Anyway, if it was only PS3 that would be dope. No, I'm not a PS3 fanboy like some people in this thread (Halo: Reach is easily one of the best games of this generation and Gears of War 3 is just plain awesome), but to put it bluntly the PS3 can go so much farther than the 360. Killzone 3, Uncharted 3, hell I'd even wager Metal Gear Solid 4 (with the whole Rex vs. Ray battle) can't be handled on the Xbox.

I'm not worried about space. Rockstar would just do multiple discs. But the cpu is seriously lacking on the 360 compared to the PS3, and that's where a console's "next gen"-ness comes from.

omg u noob xbox is betta dan ps3, online is way betta and halo is betta dan uncharted!

Just kidding, I'm not your typical Xbox gamer. Or an Xbox gamer at all. But it won't be PS3 exclusive, too much money too be lost. But I can't wait for Agent, to maximize the power of the PS3.

icon11.gif

I really hope for the sake of making the best game possible, they use ps3 as the lead platform for development and port to xbox with a downgraded version. This makes sense. They will have to port anyways. Sure xbox fans will bitch and whine the but the argument of "the system can't handle it" is a bulletproof argument.

exclusive, nah wont happen. they will lose 50% of the market. but with what I said above, everybody wins.

PS:

the best version of the game will eventually be the PC version. not to mention modding.

Yeah, they better not make a shitty Xbox 360 version of the game and then port it to PS3 where it will be even shittier when it could be much better.

OK, I'm going to shut this down now.

No console fan-boy flame wars. And no starting them on purpose either. <_<

BTW, the days of GTA being exclusive to one console or the other are over unless Sony or Microsoft ponies up some serious cash.