Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marney-1

GTA V: The Fun Factor

Guest Marney1

So far we've only seen the first GTA V trailer and to be honest, it doesn't really ooze the fun factor. Alright it looks amazing, graphics wise, but it all seems a bit doom and gloom with more than a hint of seriousness so how are Rockstar going to combine the outrageous and over the top San Andreas style fun while also keeping it life like?

At the moment I just can't imagine flying past those unhappy folk standing beneath the overpass strapped into a jetpack or parachuting onto that guy hammering the For Sale sign into his front lawn. They'd be unlikely to see the funny side, and before anyone says "We can trust Rockstar to get it right" well that's obvious - but how will they do it?

Official R* overview:

We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.

I'm confident they will have learned from the mistakes in GTA IV. I don't see how they can have a Hydra in the game and yet keep it all super serious.

I'm sure we'll be able to make it fun for ourselves even if R* fail to. (i doubt they will fail). But i can think of many ways of making fun from those homeless folk. I'd see how smoothly i could land a jump-jet down in the homeless camp and then hover 2 inches from the ground and boom, rocket bums ftw!

Instead of picking up a prostitute on a dim gloomy corner of LS in an old Esperanto, why not slide down next to her in a jetpack and ask for a 'Hover-Job'.

Guest Marney1

I'm sure it's going to be fun but will most of it be found in the multiplayer modes rather than the main story? I wouldn't mind the story being quite serious (I say that loosely meaning the GTA kind of serious) because I'm hoping for a very mature storyline.

people always forget gta iv was a new engine completely so they were starting over. now they can take the time to add all that extra shit with the engine always established. plus they probably left a lot out to make the sequel seems more "improved"

in not worried about it

• Like 1

It has some funny bit's in...

E-Cola - Deliciously Infectious... A play on the infectious bug e-coli

Speedophile jetski... A play on... Well, I'm sure you can figure that out...

STD Contractor in the "Mile High Club" sign... STD = Sexually Transmitted Disease.

To Bugstars van has the signs "Putting the FU in fumigate" and on the back "BUG-R-US".

The Postal van that says "We aim not to lose it"

The Police car that has "Obey & Survive" on the side"

The jokes are there, but all very subtle at the moment. It concerned me a little as well.

Thing is look at the first trailer for SA... That's pretty much the same. Not much humour in the trailer, but the comic genius in places in SA is fantastic.

Even though GTA IV (standalone, not the expansions... sadly never got to play them) didn't have the same fun factor, we still found things to do. They just weren't handed to us.

Sniping from rooftops which wouldn't normally be accessible in other GTA games (at least without an aircraft), drunk NASCAR, trying to see how far you could get Niko to fly out of the windshield, I dunno, there were lots of things.