Sign in to follow this  
PedestrianRiotz

GTA V Apparently set in 2008?

I live in North Carolina and when I get my new registration sticker it is the color for the next year and doesn't expire until then. For instance, my new registration sticker this year is next year's color but the one I had the first few months of this year was this year's color. The new one I get next year will be 2013's color to show that it expires then. So if they have orange registration stickers every five years in California and they did in 08 it makes sense to me that it could still be 2012 with the 2013 registration stickers on the cars.. Unless they do it differently there.

A good observation. I'm not sure exactly how California does it either but the 2013 sticker (meaning it expires in 2013) on a car during 2012 would fit. III and IV were set around the time of their release so it would make sense with V [possibly] coming out next year.

Welcome to the forums!

• Like 1

Not gonna ban anyone for arguing. Hate it when people pull that "I just found out I'm basically just a user on this site who is basically the same as every other user on this site" shit though, just cos my name is in red. Believe it or not I'm here as a GTA fan :rolleyes:

I don't know what your talking about, I didn't realise other users use that line lmao I should also mention sarcasm was a huge part of my comments.

I think he meant intelligent duff. Plus pedestrianriot duff is admin, pickin a right with the wrong person.

Well you can't not talk back to or fear someone just cos they're higher up than you in places, I feel sorry for people are do things like that and I thought he was decent enough to not ban me over an little argument which I was right about anyway lol

I totally 100% disagree with the fact that gta 5 will be set in 08, are u kidding me or is this just a joke, because first of all gta 4 was already set in 08 and was done with in 08, and the reason y it was set in 08 is because the game came out in 08. And also the gta 5 trailer was the first so you expect it to be completely exact, i would suggest that once you see the second trailer then we can say it is set in 08 but for now it is not a precise date

It was just a friendly warning but if your then gunna try and throw me under the bus then fine. At least I no to ignore you from now on.

I totally 100% disagree with the fact that gta 5 will be set in 08, are u kidding me or is this just a joke, because first of all gta 4 was already set in 08 and was done with in 08, and the reason y it was set in 08 is because the game came out in 08. And also the gta 5 trailer was the first so you expect it to be completely exact, i would suggest that once you see the second trailer then we can say it is set in 08 but for now it is not a precise date

So San Andreas isn't set in 05, etc...

You can't disagree 100% with this. It's a theory, noone knows if its right. IF it was a shit leak that said something we no to be untrue then fair enough.

So San Andreas isn't set in 05, etc...

I think officially GTA IV was set in 2007, the year it was meant to come out. Also GTA III was set the year it came out (2001).

More or less it seems if it's set in the 'present day' its the year of the release. Vice City and San Andreas were period pieces.

It was just a friendly warning but if your then gunna try and throw me under the bus then fine. At least I no to ignore you from now on.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, i wasn't trying to be a dick or anything I was just saying nothing should stop you speaking your mind ://

I am not saying that just because a gta game came out in lets say 05 and so the licence has to be set in 05 Im just saying that that gta trailer was the first one so we cannot judge on if it is official on what year it came out on also you cant jump to conclusions before the second trailer has come out

• Like 1

2011 2012

Please, shut the fuck up with your "facts" that have no proof behind them. Just say they are speculation, and no one will shit on you.

Damn son fire up a blunt, he didn't even claim they were "fact" (this time) haha

We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.

- Rockstar Games (November 3, 2011)

• Like 1

We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.

- Rockstar Games (November 3, 2011)

/thread

Isn't 2008 the year when the crisis with sub-prime mortgages began? The crisis can be relevant for the story, as it is about money, and you see people trying to sell their house in the trailer, as well as lots of homeless people.

Its made obvious that it will b set in the recession, people homeless, stores closing and the foreclosure. This is something we can almost guarentee.