Pitbull

Favorite Alcoholic Drink

Alcohol!  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My beloved team at work offered a libation unto me... Made me feel very benevolent until...

FUCKING Jacobs Creek! Someone's taking the piss. Yes, I'll still drink it.

Not a wine drinker, Firm? Jacob's Creek is a good drop.

• Like 1

My beloved team at work offered a libation unto me... Made me feel very benevolent until...

FUCKING Jacobs Creek! Someone's taking the piss. Yes, I'll still drink it.

Not a wine drinker, Firm? Jacob's Creek is a good drop.

Not really. I have on occasion when bullied and beaten. However, the Jacobs. It's not as bad as I remember it. I remember it tasting like vinegar and cat piss. I can only taste the cat piss now. The older I get the classier I get....

Anybody got any good tequila mixers they can recommend, other than margaritas??

The only thing you need to go with good tequila is a glass.

• Like 1

Sam Adams makes some nice seasonal beers. Had their chocolate bock, it was different, not sure if it's something I'd drink regularly but it's definitely worth giving a try around the winter months.

I dislike beer. Tastes like piss. There's a couple flavored beers out there that drown out the piss but I still don't drink much of them. I stick to hard stuff.

Might sound childish but my favorite has to be Everclear 95%. I like to throw a little bit into soda (Ginger Ale is awesome) to livin' it up. I also like to challenge friends to do straight shots of it. Sometimes they'll do chasers to get rid of the aftertaste. Same with moonshine.

As for regular drinks, Berentzen's pear flavored drink is quite good. Did a couple shots of that tonight as well as a bunch of apple ones but the pear is definitely the better one.

See, there is the Angry Orchard hard ciders... those are damn good... Id go for the Crisp Apple, as some of the seasonal brews don't come anywhere close to it.. The Elderflower seasonal is very different, but if you are feeling a little brave, go for it. Very strong floral notes...

I had an excessive amount of rum-based drinks on my trip, using the island's local rums (light, dark, coconut), including many, many mojitos. You have to get the balance of ingredients right, otherwise it can taste odd instead of sublime. (Unintended lime pun...nice...)

I don't know why OP would question people liking wine in his poll. Back where I'm from, and anywhere in the south, the pussies are the people that DON'T drink wine. 

With that said, red wine is amazing and I'm drinking far too much of it.

• Like 1

Dup, you're probably mildly allergic to the tannins in red wines, try a white wine instead. I've developed a similar issue in the last few years, to my chagrin, since I really like big bold reds. The better stuff is meant to be paired with food, it's not supposed to taste ferment-y.

My cousins from Spain worship wine so much, they brought some with them to the Caribbean for the holidays, enough bottles to be able to have wine with supper each night. They are very knowledgeable, and only too happy to talk about wines.

Talk to someone that knows their way around wine, get them to recommend one or two varieties and regions, and then explore by buying different kinds till you find what you like. There are decent wines available at perfectly reasonable prices. It's the best way to learn what works for your palate, since it's very objective. It's comparable to learning about craft beers, really, you have to try them out to see whether you like an IPA, lager, or stout, no different if it's a Shiraz or a Pinot Noir or whatever.

• Like 1

My dad, who has some wine knowledge, has never bought a bottle of wine for more than €5. There is very good wine available for cheap prices. Although I'm not so sure here in the UK, even though all supermarkets sell wine from Spain, Portugal and Italy, the vineyards all seem to be British owned and I have no idea what goes on in there. I have bought £5 wine which was pretty decent... it's just harder to find good Port. I want a bottle of Ferreira ffs.

• Like 1

On chilly nights I like Disaronno Amaretto on the rocks.

Yum. I like this with a freshly squeezed chunky lemon wedge.

Sounds good, ever had it mixed with vodka and if so how is it?

I got my grandfather a bottle of Double Cross vodka for Christmas and he said it was noticeably smoother than grey goose. Haven't tried it myself yet.

19 hours ago, Feiticeira said:

Any particular varieties?

Over the past year I've thrown myself into Ale's and to be honest you can't beat Spitfire or Master Brew. Kent really has that shit down.

Cider i'm quite partial to, but Bulmer's which is generally the most available tends to taste like shit. Brothers is better, if they serve it. A strongbow dark fruit never goes a miss either.

Tasted quite a variety from Asian beers to European beers. The last one that I can't forget was this beer that I tasted during one of my business trips in the Philippines. The beer was called Cerveza Negra. It's a dark lager that has a strong malty taste, chocolatey taste with light earthy hop/fruity yeast flavors. It's very smooth and easy to drink.

• Like 1