Pitbull

Favorite Alcoholic Drink

Alcohol!  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Beer: Hoegaarden, Krombacher, Victory HopDevil

Cocktails: Old-fashioned, White Russian, Screwdriver

Spirits: Jim Beam bourbon whiskey

Beers of all kinds, with a slight preference to IPAs. I generally drink microbrews, but I'll drink just about any beer if it's free. I can only really think of two "bad" beers, Blatz and Hamm's, and a lot of the other ones that are considered bad are just watery/not very good.

http://purplefalcon.com/images/blog/beer/surly-furious-beer.jpg

http://greatbrewers.com/sites/default/files/images/Product%20-%20Summit%20Saga%20IPA.JPG

A couple of my year-round favorites.

I feel most ipa's are overrated snobjobbers.

You know the saying:

"Beer is an acquired taste."

Well, IPAs, strong ales, and stouts have very rich flavor profiles compared to other styles. They're really acquired-taste styles, even for beer-drinkers. Especially if you're partial to lighter/sweeter styles like lagers and wheats.

There's nothing wrong with not liking IPAs. It's not everyone's cup of tea.

I can't get into hard liquors other than Jagermeister. Of course, a lot of top-shelf liquors are out of my budget. I'm not going to pay $50 for one bottle of whiskey when I can get a 12-pack of great beer for $11-14.

Maybe there are some decent liquors for around $25 that I don't know about.

I can't get into hard liquors other than Jagermeister. Of course, a lot of top-shelf liquors are out of my budget. I'm not going to pay $50 for one bottle of whiskey when I can get a 12-pack of great beer for $11-14.

Maybe there are some decent liquors for around $25 that I don't know about.

I love all kinds of beer. Variety is nice too...as far as $50ish bottles of whiskey, there was a time when I kept a bottle of 12 year old Balvenie Doublewood in the pantry at all times...I enjoy a nice Scotch just as much as a great stout, if not more. It's nice to have around.

You know the saying:

Well, IPAs, strong ales, and stouts have very rich flavor profiles compared to other styles. They're really acquired-taste styles, even for beer-drinkers. Especially if you're partial to lighter/sweeter styles like lagers and wheats.

I dont feel a lot of people "acquire" that taste, i think they mostly want to be seen as drinking some unknown expensive trendy beer.

I drunk some ipa from "wormtown brewers" called "red headed bitch" that was supposedly really good. Tasted like a herpes infested vajayjay

You know the saying:

I dont feel a lot of people "acquire" that taste, i think they mostly want to be seen as drinking some unknown expensive trendy beer.

I drunk some ipa from "wormtown brewers" called "red headed bitch" that was supposedly really good. Tasted like a herpes infested vajayjay

Easy there stud. Wouldn't you say that if someone enjoys a beer, that they've acquired the taste? I know, that's some pretty complicated stuff. :lol:

I can't attest to the flavor of "red-headed bitch", or your personal preferences. All I know is that I like a good IPA, but I could see how an unseasoned/casual drinker wouldn't. Hops can be a tough thing to get used to, but once you've "acquired the taste", you can really taste which ones are better, fresher, earthier, more piney, etc.

• Like 1

IPAs are too cool for me. I normally start drinks with a Stella, and move onto vodka. Scotch would be great, and I've had some expensive bottles in the past (Royal Salute), but I don't like neat. Especially since i'm just trying to get hammered, not look like Harvey Specter.

...Especially since i'm just trying to get hammered...

This topic need a disclaimer...fav booze for getting drunk vs. fav booze overall. That delicious single malt scotch (or fancy IPA microbrew) is for sipping and enjoyment...you don't guzzle the good stuff to get loaded, you enjoy it like fine wine or good food. If shitfaced-drunk is your mission for the night, stick to the cheaper stuff. Of course, after a few snorts of the good stuff, the same end result is possible.

• Like 2

...Especially since i'm just trying to get hammered...

This topic need a disclaimer...fav booze for getting drunk vs. fav booze overall. That delicious single malt scotch (or fancy IPA microbrew) is for sipping and enjoyment...you don't guzzle the good stuff to get loaded, you enjoy it like fine wine or good food. If shitfaced-drunk is your mission for the night, stick to the cheaper stuff. Of course, after a few snorts of the good stuff, the same end result is possible.

20 cans of Fosters is on tonights menu. That'll work.

Watch them inboxes, people...

• Like 2