Qdeathstar

What are you looking for in GTA5?

Yeah Crime inc, i was talking about Episodes from Liberty City, that would have been a shit move if i ordered the other game instead!!! (I didn't quote you as it was a huge comment.)

I still am curious about the phones, i think maybe when we are introduced to the characters perhaps Michael gives them all an ifruit phone to keep in contact.

("take these, this is how we will keep in contact" - character switch tutorial...)

Because like i said, i don't think i could see Trevor with a Ifruit 5 (or whatever it may be called) by his own choice, i see him with some old ass nokia, like at the beginning of GTA IV.

obviously Michael would have the ifruit.

on a side note, i love that it is called Ifruit because i fucking hate Iphones. (probably because i cant afford one)

To keep on topic I really just want to be able to get them all in matching suits (RD style),character customization is a must! I am not talking tattoos and beards and things. (Would be nice but from what i have gathered there wont be that type of customization.) But we must be able to buy clothes and have a much larger selection than GTA IV. Shit like that makes the game for me....

apart from the random senseless killing....

Random Senseless Killing is a must and should be required to have*.

i wish they had a place ware you can go and kill a bunch of people in a group in the woods where no cop can hear you scream.

Hijack a bus, drive it into the Mt Chiliad area and blow it up? Seems effective to me.

seems plausibly i shall try this but first we should put a bomb on the bus before we steal it. :clap:

they need to put a feature in where you can have your own music uploaded to game, so you can listen to it on a custom radio station like on san andreas for the PC.

Dont copy my profile picture. :P

I created this topic because it is a staple of Grand Theft Auto websites. What kind of things are you all looking for in GTA5?

I'd like Rockstar to pick a new location maybe oversees for the next Grand Theft Auto. I'd also like to see them focus less on realism than they did for GTA4, (more like GTA-Sanandreas) but not as outlandish as Saint's Row.

but dont you think realism is like a key attraction

i think uploading your own music fit pretty cool

No. Realism sucks. If I wanted to go on murderous rampage in Los Angelos, I'd do it. I'm more into jumping out if a plane aimed at downtown with a jetpack and a rocket launcher kind of guy... which is why I play gta.

No. Realism sucks. If I wanted to go on murderous rampage in Los Angelos, I'd do it. I'm more into jumping out if a plane aimed at downtown with a jetpack and a rocket launcher kind of guy... which is why I play gta.

realism is a good thing if it's done right in certain aspects of the game, like i want realistic physics. and the way that cops try and kill you, but i don't wanna have cops be too realistic, like enforcing traffic laws and such. and i also wan't driving to feel realistic, but i don't want it too realistic to where we have to have gas and shit.

you just need a good balance between realism and fun. because if you go too real the game will be dull and feel boring after a while, but if you make it too unrealistic you end up with saints row which fucking sucks(IMO).

• Like 1

i ThInK tHaT BuYiNg CaRs ThAt BlOw Up WhEn YoU fLiP ThEm Is A bAd IDeA

realism is a good thing if it's done right in certain aspects of the game, like i want realistic physics. and the way that cops try and kill you, but i don't wanna have cops be too realistic, like enforcing traffic laws and such. and i also wan't driving to feel realistic, but i don't want it too realistic to where we have to have gas and shit.

you just need a good balance between realism and fun. because if you go too real the game will be dull and feel boring after a while, but if you make it too unrealistic you end up with saints row which fucking sucks(IMO).

Realism isnt a key attraction though. Story and features are though.

• Like 1

Yeah there's a difference between realism and detail. Of course I'd like to see as much detail as reasonably possible, as it adds character to the game, but it doesn't have to be overly realistic. That being said I still tend to play IV more than TBoGT for singleplayer. After a while of rampaging in unlimted-ammo attack choppers or APCs, realism really hits the spot.

• Like 2

a balance of realism is important.

but GREAT graphics are a key for me, personally. i couldnt go back to GTA SA after GTA IV because i couldnt handle the bad graphics in SA. but the story in SA was AMAZING!!!

How the hell was San Andreas' story amazing?

It was a mashup of story ideas that didn't fit together, loosely tied together by a corrupt cop who was more likable than the protagonist. And CJ was the worst protagonist in the entire series.

• Like 3

a balance of realism is important.

but GREAT graphics are a key for me, personally. i couldnt go back to GTA SA after GTA IV because i couldnt handle the bad graphics in SA. but the story in SA was AMAZING!!!

How the hell was San Andreas' story amazing?

It was a mashup of story ideas that didn't fit together, loosely tied together by a corrupt cop who was more likable than the protagonist. And CJ was the worst protagonist in the entire series.

What Mass said. Seriously though VCS had a better story then SA and not many people liked vcs... to this day i still have no clue what the SA storyline was aiming for. Although it was, and still is a great game, people overrate it because of the extra activities you could do and yeah.. it had fun missions, but did they really fit the story?

It sounds like Saints Row is a better game for you, if you're more about the crazy shit. GTA is a more realistic game, and thats what makes it so great. However the new direction Saints Row is starting to take is making it too over the top for me.

It sounds like Saints Row is a better game for you, if you're more about the crazy shit. GTA is a more realistic game, and thats what makes it so great. However the new direction Saints Row is starting to take is making it too over the top for me.

I'm starting to see that peoples take on reality is very skewed by video games.

• Like 1

Good for you?

Scary...

Not being able to parachute out of planes in gta 4 because it would hurt the realistic aspect of the game is a lame excuse.

Scary...

Not being able to parachute out of planes in gta 4 because it would hurt the realistic aspect of the game is a lame excuse.

They didn't put planes in GTA 4 because the map was too small. It had nothing to do with the realism. I forgot the article it was in but Dan Houser said that the map was simply too small for any decent flying to be done, and that helicopters just made more sense.

Re: realism and parachutes.

"Players won't be able to fly their aeroplanes. There are no planes because it's just a city," says Houser, "apart from the fact that there's vehicles..wherever you are, it's still realistic."

"Bellic is not going to be riding a Unicycle or Rollerblading around, we're giving a choice of variety that feels right for the character. We are not suddenly saying there will be no more motorbikes, were keeping all of that stuff, we are keeping the same range and diversity that we had it's just going to fit the character."

- Sammy houser

Says, stuffs realistic, flying planes is crazy talk.

Not realistic in a one city world to have planes, ignoring the fact that a one city world is unrealistic.

QD. Shocking with undeniable fact.

Realism is key too the gta world wether you want to believe it or not, and Rockstar is going to hit everything point-on in GTA 5. They are smart people that work there and devolop the game, they understand that there needs to be a balance of realism and crazy stuff you can do. You dont think they have sat there and talked about all this before they went into development? Personally, I loved the realisticness of San Andreas with working-out having an effect on the way your character looks but at the same time it was kinda hard to maintain and worry about all the side stuff with the main story going on as well. I can see how the people who only play gta for the story and missions were upset with worrying about your muscle and eating and maintainig all that stuff, but other people seemed to enjoy lots of that. I think the realistic approach is what seperates gta from saints row and they arent even in same league. Rockstar needs to keep in lots of the realistic stuff but needs to modify it so that it doesnt get annoying and is easily maintainable to the point where the player isnt pulling out his/her hair over side stuff. But too say that you want less realism in GTA (Qdeathstar), I think is pretty stupid to say because that is what seperates gta from games like saints row. Obviously GTA is going to let you do crazy stuff and your going to get all you wanted and more action-wise like jumping out of planes now that the map is going to be huge. Rockstar understands what we all want after going through all the past games and will only improve as they go on. Think about it... we know like nothing about the game so far, and so far with what we do know the game already looks rediculious. To me some key things that should be involved even if they arent going to would be: Purchasing all different types of real-estate (ex.mansions/penthouses/cottages with land for atv's) maybe some companies(ex. like in GTA vice city when you could own taxi company). The idea of having your own dog is pretty sweet. What about going into a golf club and purchasing a membership? You can then call a couple friends to meet you at the course for 18 holes of good fun and alchoholic drinks. Same goes for tennis and any other actvity. A big concern for people in GTA 4 was lack of things to do with money and lack of money in general. GTA 5 needs to be a game where with its huge map comes a huge amount of things you can spend money on. It would be cool if you could purchase a huge property that a billionaire would own. The map is so big with so much oppertunity why not go over the top with trying to live the life as a really rich person. Regardless rockstar is going to do a great job, I cant wait for the new amazing grapics combined with the tropical setting, rockstar knows they need this game to be the biggest and best yet after GTA 4 didnt meet expectations... and they will.

Almost totally agree with you, Smith07. The balance between fun and graphics and realism has to do the trick. When I first started GTA IV, I didn't have much expectations. But I was completely surprised by the realism and graphics. The details where amazing and entertaining. I hope GTA V will reach the same amusement in graphics as IV did to me that time.

I agree the realism must not be made too much, but it has to be improved compared with GTA IV, in which after some time the 'fails' became clear to me. Everyone agrees that it is not very realistic that a pedestrian just walks past some dead cops laying down the street right?

@ Smith07: we won't be able to purchase houses.