Qdeathstar

What are you looking for in GTA5?

I really would like to have the ability to climb. Sounds simple but, imagine if our character has the skill to climb things well (Im not talking Assassin's creed level climbing ability here) But, just a slightly above basic ability, which also brings with it the ability to free run. I think it will take being chased by cops on foot to a new exciting level. The climbing abilities in GTA games have felt stiff at basic. SA was heading in the right direction but gta4 went backwards imo. (Niko just felt slow and tired, and couldn't climb things well)

The free running and climbing skills could be "learned" in game as a new skill. Just like how you could learn new fighting moves in SA.

(possibly learning the skills over time so you eventually get better at it.)

To me, this wouldn't be a far fetched idea at all.

Of course, I'm not saying with should become super skilled at climbing, like climbing massive cliffs or skyscrapers and with just bare hands and without ropes. (Although, that would be pretty sweet)

It would just be another cool way of getting around. Climbing things and free running over the tops of rooftops etc.

I think the screen shot of the "latino looking guy" hanging onto the moving truck looks promising for this idea.

I want to feel like my character is agile and athletic.

(of course if the Ned Luke guy is the protag, then this idea will seem fucking stupid) haha!

Just putting it out there :)

You my friend, should try out the game "Sleeping Dogs" it's exactly what you suggested, also in an open sandbox world. I also think that is a great idea, really hope vaulting and climbing is incorporated.

• Like 1

wouldnt it be great to be able to absail? like the parachute, we can carry absailing equipment to use at the edge of any building or clifftop.

i hated getting stranded on tall buildings in gta 4 with no choice but to "aim for the bushes" lol

Guest Marney-1

I'm looking for simultaneous release on pc along with consoles.... wouldn't that suck to have to wait a year for a pc release!

This isn't the first thread you've mentioned you want it on PC a.s.a.p so can you quit mentioning it? Thanks.

1. this may be far fetched but imigrating people for large sums of money

That could easily be incorporated... Assuming the game reaches the border, or at least as south of Los Santos "and the surrounding areas" as possible, the character could easily pick people up there, avoiding police patrol then driving them caferfully without arousing suspicion to their destination... e.g in the trunk. Speaking of that, we should be able to shove random people in the trunk... Like in Sleeping Dogs.

I'm looking for simultaneous release on pc along with consoles.... wouldn't that suck to have to wait a year for a pc release!

This isn't the first thread you've mentioned you want it on PC a.s.a.p so can you quit mentioning it? Thanks.

yeah I know, but the thread was what I'm looking for and that was my answer.... my bad.

Yay! First post! :clap:

Some of these may have been mentioned before, but here's what I'd like to see:

-Several versions of the same car. For example, sedan and station wagon versions of the Oracle, convertible, notchback, and fastback versions of the Stallion, and two-door and four-door versions of the Hakumai. Maybe even different model years or generations of the same car like a 1986 Sentinel and a 2012 Sentinel.

-More realistic Police. Maybe at a one star wanted level you can pull over and they'll give you a ticket rather than arresting you. You shouldn't get arrested for getting in a minor fender-bender with a cop or knocking someone down because they walked out into the street. One time (in GTA 4), a ped was running from a cop, runs right out into the road in front of me. I swerved and slammed on the brakes and end up just knocking him over. He gets up and keeps going, but the cop runs right up to my door and arrests me for hitting the criminal he was chasing! It's times like this that drive me bonkers.

-More realistic traffic and AI. I think there should be a slider in the options menu that allows you to adjust the amout of traffic on the roads (off, low, medium, high, realistic?). Also, different amounts of traffic should spawn in different areas. There should be more traffic downtown and on major roads/motorways and less traffic in residential areas and side streets.

The traffic AI definately needs to be improved. They can't seem to figure out how to turn left, they often swerve violently without reason (especially on the Algonquin Bridge), and when you stop for a red light (Which I do regularly because I'm weird) they honk at you, try to go around you like you're an obstacle, and usually end up rear-ending you.

-There needs to be an option to keep your car from dissapearing when you go away from it or get in another vehicle. Here's how I think it should work:

1. Get in the vehicle you want to keep.
  2. Take out your phone and go to "options".
  3. Press "save vehicle".

Now the vehicle you're in will never dissapear no matter how far away you go or how many other vehicles you get into. It'll even stay wherever you left it if you die, get arrested, or go on a mission. This also means you can take your rare car on mission and not have to worry about having to leaving it behind. So you can drive your favourite car instead of leaving it at your safe house because you don't want to lose it.

-I don't really care about in-depth car customization (though it would still be cool), but I definately want to be able to pick my car's colour at a Pay n' Spray.

Of course I also want all the usual stuff like a big map, good story line, and planes and bikes, but that pretty much sums up the ones that are most important to me. GTA V will be sweet! :jumpy:

• Like 1

I just hope they make a "real" PC version. The convertion they did on IV was pretty bad. I feel like they were in a hurry.

I just hope they make a "real" PC version. The convertion they did on IV was pretty bad. I feel like they were in a hurry.

Most of Rockstars PC ports have been terrible and they didn't even bother to port RDR. Max Payne 3 is there only good port, I don't think they give a shit about their PC customers cause of piracy etc.

Most of Rockstars PC ports have been terrible and they didn't even bother to port RDR. Max Payne 3 is there only good port, I don't think they give a shit about their PC customers cause of piracy etc.

It's such a shame. Not that I hate consoles or whatever, I just prefer playing on PC.

All we can do is hope for a decent port.

Guest Marney-1

Max Payne 3 on PC wasn't a port.

Anybody try LA Noire on pc? From what I heard it runs smooth and looks good. Speaking of, what are the chances they use the facial animation technology like that in GTA5... or better yet, if you'd even want that. At times it felt a little...off... in LA Noire on ps3

Guest Marney-1

Anybody try LA Noire on pc? From what I heard it runs smooth and looks good. Speaking of, what are the chances they use the facial animation technology like that in GTA5... or better yet, if you'd even want that. At times it felt a little...off... in LA Noire on ps3

The L.A. Noire thread is here and we have an article on the use of 'facial technology' in GTA V here. I don't think they'll waste their time using it myself.

The L.A. Noire thread is here and we have an article on the use of 'facial technology' in GTA V here. I don't think they'll waste their time using it myself.

Thanks for the links. Was trying to defend "terrible ports". I cant see them using it either because it took up a LOT of disk space.

Another thing I'm looking for in GTA5 would be the RC side missions making a return. I remember the mission where you control the helicopter to plant explosives to blow up building was fun. It never got old to maneuver the RC near a bunch of unsuspecting police then self destructing.

ide like to be able to shoot someone in the leg or arm, and them NOT die...... sure, die a couple minutes later because you've hit an arterie... but not drop dead instantly

also would like a 2 stroke sound for the sanchez and it raised on the rear( as it looks like an 80's scrambler atm)

and maybe a off road version and on road version.. offroad=no lights, nobblies tyres and no horn. onroad=lights, horn and road tyres

oooh and what motorbike do you know that has a radio.... thats right not many.

and a quad... ill take a few breaths now

(sorry for double post)

someone else mentioned climbing, ide also like it to be looked at. i dont mean to a parkour level... just climbing fences alot faster would be nice, it would make foot chases more fun and more of a popular choice(instead of taking 5 seconds to get in a car whilst getting shot by 9 cops...)

TOP 10 ThinGS I WANT IN GTA5

1. Alot more Missions 150+ (plenty of choice missions)

2. Can rob any store, small bank, n atm

3. Wider Variety of clothes

4.The main character should hav a son who takes his fortunes when the main character dies at the end!! like RDR!!

5.Tattoon ,barber shops back

6.swimming underwater back

7.car modification back

8.more interactions in ur safehouse

9.update music radio to an ipod or cds(or juss have new music of 2012-13)

10. choices of atleast 4 different weapons of each weapon type(pistol,Small machine,heavy machin,special,bombs)

PRETTY MUCH MAKE IT HELLA BETTER THAN THE LAST BY A LANDSLIDE!!

I would like to see:

: Drivable Yachts BIG ONES

: All seen clothing available via store (in-game) or mission unlock

: Flamethrowers!!!!

: Antonov AN-225

: Realistic damage models

: Every vehicle customizable and available

: Varying explosion sizes

: Cloth physics/ APEX

: Waves ; breakwaters on beaches n such

: Vinewood or malibu mansion safe house

: Customizable safehouses

: An all dubstep radio station

: A massive Desert

: Ability to import itunes music onto ingame radio

: Finally, all enterable vehicles with detailed interiors. Be able to get off the yacht's bridge and walk around inside. In a plane (passenger jet) walk around cabin in-flight...that kinda stuff

• Like 1

My biggest wish is more general customization.

Cars, guns, clothes, and body shape.

I loved working out in SA and seeing my progress as he got stronger.

The other main thing i reaaally want is more random jobs and activities.

GTAIV really didnt have much to do when you were just fucking around.

Exploring....more findable weapons, ammo, armor, health.....

Yeah so...what do we need....

More findable ammo, weapons, armor, health....vehicles....packages....

The ambulances will still give health, the cop cars will still give shotgun shells....

Sorry for you newbs who are reading, I am old school GTA, so I expect shit for free.....

• Like 1