Qdeathstar

What are you looking for in GTA5?

I was thinking it would be cool if there were newspapers like in RDR, that contain easter-eggs and references to ingame events like murders etc... And random events.

The Liberty Tree has been in place since III so I would expect newspapers in V. We'll probably get Los Santos Times and maybe another competing paper. Would be funny to see them bashing each other in news articles like how they got the story and that other crap-wiping paper didn't.

From what everyone's saying, they want GTA V to be a "Red Dead Car" in the same way that RDR was humourously called "Grand Theft Horse".
Why wouldn't we? R* hit the nail firmly on the head with the mission structure and variety of missions found in Red Dead. If they can carry that over into GTAV, they'll be guaranteed a sure-fire hit.
I wouldn't say that got it exactly right. I actually gave up playing RDR at one point because it took so long to get into it. I appreciate they have to help the learning curve, but they didn't have to put in a tutorial mission for every little feature. I think this was a complaint with SA and GTA IV too. It took SO LONG to get into the actual story and decent missions where you start killing townfolk that the game was downright boring for the first 3/4 hours, though it was probably worse in RDR thanks to the slow-as-fuck travelling in a monotonous landscape. If there's one thing Rockstar doesn't take from RDR, it should be that.

I agree. GTA V should be for the veterans.. I feel like, if you're not into GTA, or any other game, by the 5th one down the line, then you're not gonna be into it. The story should take a long time, and be intense as fuck all the way through, not impossible, but intense. and definitely DEFINITELY keep the parachutes.. especially if theres gonna be planes and helicopters.. I like the bicycle concept, it would be cool for those skateparks they tend to put in the games. But i think there should be more controls for the cars, for example, i know that they have the brights if you hold down X (xbox), and you can turn your car completely off by holding Y, but blinkers would be cool instead of two handbrakes.. or emergency lights.. also i liked the aspect of an earlier gta where you could be in the car first person mode and look left and right at the people in your car. I realize this is an older thread and R* probably wont read this.. but damn, GTA is so epic, i really like how in-depth the game goes. For example, you can dial 911 on the cell phone in the game and request a paramedic, police car, or firetruck! one thing i definitely forgot was MORE ENTERABLE BUILDINGS with awesome escape routes! especially in multiplayer! My friends and i love causing a bunch of mayhem then running into a building, going up the stairs, then climbing out the window, hopping roofs until u can get to a ladder that will take u high enough to parachute away and get into a getaway car then wait til it catches on fire and do it all over again! but there needs to be many more rooms and buildings to enter and things to do in multiplayer FREE MODE and in main game. Yeah... not F*****g around when it comes to this game.. haha. but anyway.. who agrees with me? disagrees? lets talk about the most epic GTA game ever then maybe R* will read this thread and do it! haha

I was thinking it would be cool if there were newspapers like in RDR, that contain easter-eggs and references to ingame events like murders etc... And random events.

and thats a cool idea!

• Like 1

I want to be able to become a police office I think that would be really cool to call in choppers and swat teams and a k-9 unit would be cool to

Police offices are not people, how could you become one?

• Like 1

I dont know like go to the police station and sign up

GTA is about crime, why would you play a cop? The protagonist can probably call for backup anyway, you know how they always have connections.

• Like 1

I know I'm saying as like a side mission you can be a cop I don't want it to be based on the whole story that would be stupid I still want the crime I just want a chance to be a good guy to

From what everyone's saying, they want GTA V to be a "Red Dead Car" in the same way that RDR was humourously called "Grand Theft Horse".
Why wouldn't we? R* hit the nail firmly on the head with the mission structure and variety of missions found in Red Dead. If they can carry that over into GTAV, they'll be guaranteed a sure-fire hit.
I wouldn't say that got it exactly right. I actually gave up playing RDR at one point because it took so long to get into it. I appreciate they have to help the learning curve, but they didn't have to put in a tutorial mission for every little feature. I think this was a complaint with SA and GTA IV too. It took SO LONG to get into the actual story and decent missions where you start killing townfolk that the game was downright boring for the first 3/4 hours, though it was probably worse in RDR thanks to the slow-as-fuck travelling in a monotonous landscape. If there's one thing Rockstar doesn't take from RDR, it should be that.

I agree. GTA V should be for the veterans.. I feel like, if you're not into GTA, or any other game, by the 5th one down the line, then you're not gonna be into it. The story should take a long time, and be intense as fuck all the way through, not impossible, but intense. and definitely DEFINITELY keep the parachutes.. especially if theres gonna be planes and helicopters.. I like the bicycle concept, it would be cool for those skateparks they tend to put in the games. But i think there should be more controls for the cars, for example, i know that they have the brights if you hold down X (xbox), and you can turn your car completely off by holding Y, but blinkers would be cool instead of two handbrakes.. or emergency lights.. also i liked the aspect of an earlier gta where you could be in the car first person mode and look left and right at the people in your car. I realize this is an older thread and R* probably wont read this.. but damn, GTA is so epic, i really like how in-depth the game goes. For example, you can dial 911 on the cell phone in the game and request a paramedic, police car, or firetruck! one thing i definitely forgot was MORE ENTERABLE BUILDINGS with awesome escape routes! especially in multiplayer! My friends and i love causing a bunch of mayhem then running into a building, going up the stairs, then climbing out the window, hopping roofs until u can get to a ladder that will take u high enough to parachute away and get into a getaway car then wait til it catches on fire and do it all over again! but there needs to be many more rooms and buildings to enter and things to do in multiplayer FREE MODE and in main game. Yeah... not F*****g around when it comes to this game.. haha. but anyway.. who agrees with me? disagrees? lets talk about the most epic GTA game ever then maybe R* will read this thread and do it! haha

and thats a cool idea!

I think they should keep all the cars from single play and not shorten it I thaught that was stupid And co-op play would be cool to

First of all, Sheep, Rise Against FTW. Anyways, My biggest thing in GTA 5 is improving the driving physics. I found that it was somewhat difficult and it just wasn't fun compared to the trilogy's driving. The rest of what I want is just what everyone else wants: more things to do, more side missions, variety of environments, etc. Also I hope they improve the color palette to more vivid colors like SA and VC instead of gray, light gray, and dark gray in GTA4

• Like 1

I know its a small but very helpfull detail, the police computers, i liked how you could stop crime and do target searches on people. It also was good to call backup in, wether you wanted to kill the cops or for them to really help. It would be good to have in GTA V but mabey upgraded with more features. :)

I know its a small but very helpfull detail, the police computers, i liked how you could stop crime and do target searches on people. It also was good to call backup in, wether you wanted to kill the cops or for them to really help. It would be good to have in GTA V but mabey upgraded with more features. :)

Yeah I liked being vigilante, but I don't want to play a cop at all. And as you said, maybe they could improve it to random mini-game missions as well, such as going to a police drug-bust, and choosing to help the cops or kill them and take the drugs and sell them.

• Like 2

I would love vehicle customization (wheels, paint, interior etc.) sort of like Saints Row the third but better with old school and newer vehicles. Also, the ability to purchase property (houses, apartments, condos, mansions, and businesses). Also, the ability to do activities like weight lifting and stuff like that such as San Andreas.

I would like human shields (Its fun to throw people infront of cars and off buildings), I would also like customization of cars (wheels, colour, preformence, hydraulics etc.) Different activites like car theft, drug smuggling, prostitution, assassinations etc.

• Like 1

I would like human shields (Its fun to throw people infront of cars and off buildings), I would also like customization of cars (wheels, colour, preformence, hydraulics etc.) Different activites like car theft, drug smuggling, prostitution, assassinations etc.

Good idea, I want to be able to take hostages and rob them, or kidnap them and demand a ransom. Not at such a high scale, but just a few thousand $.

Also I would like replay value, I haven't even completed GTA 4 once and I got it when it came out I just got bored of the storyline. I would like to want to replay the game 2-3 times.

i think theyll add the kidnap feature from RDR.. but you could put them in the car trunk instead of a horse. and i still wanna use the lasso, or one of those guns that put people to sleep..

• Like 1

I would love vehicle customization (wheels, paint, interior etc.) sort of like Saints Row the third but better with old school and newer vehicles. Also, the ability to purchase property (houses, apartments, condos, mansions, and businesses). Also, the ability to do activities like weight lifting and stuff like that such as San Andreas.

I like everything you said except weight lifting. i haaaaaated it in San Andreas because i wanted to actually play the story, but i kept having to waste my time at the gym cause i didn't wanna become a fatass after a few days..

Good idea, I want to be able to take hostages and rob them, or kidnap them and demand a ransom. Not at such a high scale, but just a few thousand $.

I like the idea of holding people ransom, but that seems like a big side activity to put into gta.. id rather rob banks, stores, food places, people in the street/in cars. A ransom seems like it would be more than its worth.. explain what u had in mind?

I like everything you said except weight lifting. i haaaaaated it in San Andreas because i wanted to actually play the story, but i kept having to waste my time at the gym cause i didn't wanna become a fatass after a few days..

I like the idea of holding people ransom, but that seems like a big side activity to put into gta.. id rather rob banks, stores, food places, people in the street/in cars. A ransom seems like it would be more than its worth.. explain what u had in mind?

Like in Saint's Row, how you could jack car and if there were 2 people in it you could kidnap one and get some money to set them free.

I think what he meant is you grab the guy and scare him into giving you money.

Goooot it, saint's row style or a grab and steal, i'd be down for either one of those. I feel like there's something missing, everyone wants, customization, more side capabilities, longer storyline, big map, helos and planes with parachutes. I think the cell phone capabilities should be upgraded, maybe be able to do the email thing on your phone instead of going to "tw@." Or call and order a pizza for health (or if u wanna steal his ride), stuff like that. I noticed in GTA IV they did some joke phone #s you could call. It would be cool if u could call those numbers for services and goods..

i hear some rumours tht the main protagonist will die in GTA V jus like RDR, i believe its jus random rumors..

until r* actually release the game then stuff like that is exactly what you said, rumours. I dont think that'd work tbh, I didnt like it on rdr, it just didnt feel right roaming round on the game with a different character. I'd done all that work then poof, hes dead.

I'd love a little bit of refinement with how the police system works, "oh look ive just smashed into a police car and drove away. shit, bitches got their guns out already." maybe they could try to pull you over before they blast you

Getting pulled over would be fun, they could just walk up to your window and make you pay a fine if u dent their car or somehow get a star without shooting a gun, then drive away after you pay. Or u can just shoot em in the face when they walk up to your window then speed off and get more stars because that cop would "call in" your car beforehand. does that make sense? good idea?

I never really got why when you shoot a cop and theres nobody around you, you get 3 stars

I want cops to be more of a threat they should have those guns that they shot the cars with and the car dies and then they arrest you