Qdeathstar

What are you looking for in GTA5?

I would love to have pets in GTA5. I mean any pet would do, but please add dogs because they could play a part in a mission or too. Mabey a dog has a really expensive collar around his neck and you have to steal it.

I just remembered they should have it when your in a heliocopter you can lose your wings or tail. Lol i loved in GTA 4 you could lose heliocopter parts. I would fly for hours with no tail and go in circles trying to stay in the air.

Yeah I would like to see a more destructible environment. I don't mean jacking a plane and destroying a building, but like being able to do visible damage to things when you crash into them, or throw a grenade at them. Like those indestructable black railings in IV, I reckon my Annihilator rotor should be powerful enough to destroy it.

This. I think we're a long way away from the frostbite engine coming to a GTA game (If it ever even happened, which it wouldnt) but flying 100 mph into a 1 inch thick tree should destroy the damn tree, not send me flying out of the windshield.

I'd love to be able to pick up more random objects like crates. I could make a badass fort.

If you mentioned trees you should also have also mention realistic trees. In GTA 4 and Saints Row The third the trees are horrible. They look like they're made out of paper. Is it that hard to make some realistic trees?

Actually, I can imagine it's not simple for an open world game. If you want to make it look realistic, you need to apply physics to every single leaf and branch, otherwise a tree or a plant can never look realistic. You can have the most detailed 3D model of a tree, but if it moves like a stiff pole, it will still look like crap. Imagine a world full of trees (+forests, etc) and the engine has to calculate all independent motions of every leaf... we're not there yet technologically I think, but we're getting close in terms of computational power. I even think there's a company designing an add-on engine just for this.

Yeah I would like to see a more destructible environment. I don't mean jacking a plane and destroying a building, but like being able to do visible damage to things when you crash into them, or throw a grenade at them. Like those indestructable black railings in IV, I reckon my Annihilator rotor should be powerful enough to destroy it.

This. I think we're a long way away from the frostbite engine coming to a GTA game (If it ever even happened, which it wouldnt) but flying 100 mph into a 1 inch thick tree should destroy the damn tree, not send me flying out of the windshield.

I'd love to be able to pick up more random objects like crates. I could make a badass fort.

If you mentioned trees you should also have also mention realistic trees. In GTA 4 and Saints Row The third the trees are horrible. They look like they're made out of paper. Is it that hard to make some realistic trees?

Actually, I can imagine it's not simple for an open world game. If you want to make it look realistic, you need to apply physics to every single leaf and branch, otherwise a tree or a plant can never look realistic. You can have the most detailed 3D model of a tree, but if it moves like a stiff pole, it will still look like crap. Imagine a world full of trees (+forests, etc) and the engine has to calculate all independent motions of every leaf... we're not there yet technologically I think, but we're getting close in terms of computational power. I even think there's a company designing an add-on engine just for this.

Haven't you played RDR? I'm pretty sure the trees are quite realistic, and they don't utilize that technology...

I would love to have pets in GTA5. I mean any pet would do, but please add dogs because they could play a part in a mission or too. Mabey a dog has a really expensive collar around his neck and you have to steal it.

I just remembered they should have it when your in a heliocopter you can lose your wings or tail. Lol i loved in GTA 4 you could lose heliocopter parts. I would fly for hours with no tail and go in circles trying to stay in the air.

Bad Idea, this game would slowly become Sims but with killing.

@ManicMarcus: I've played RDR to death yes, but my mind was completely focussing on the GTAIV trees :)

Indeed they did look a lot better there, I'll have to fire it up again and see what they did there.

It's also perfectly possible R* has their own little engine within the Rage engine which they're constantly updating specifically designed for these things, especially since RDR is mostly plants and trees throughout the world :)

Edited by Iconoclast

@ManicMarcus: I've played RDR to death yes, but my mind was completely focussing on the GTAIV trees :)

Indeed they did look a lot better there, I'll have to fire it up again and see what they did there.

It's also perfectly possible R* has their own little engine within the Rage engine which they're constantly updating specifically designed for these things, especially since RDR is mostly plants and trees throughout the world :)

Yeah, RDR also uses the RAGE engine so I think that V will use the same version, or even a better one with more detail!

I'm looking to forward to being able to buy your own safe house, being able to customize and move around the furniture and stuff like that. I'm also looking forward to being able to drive planes and choppers and stuff like that. I also think it would be kinda cool to get pulled over and get a ticket from the cops for going to fast or crashing into other vehicles in the game, just like mafia 2.

• Like 1

I'm looking to forward to being able to buy your own safe house, being able to customize and move around the furniture and stuff like that. I'm also looking forward to being able to drive planes and choppers and stuff like that. I also think it would be kinda cool to get pulled over and get a ticket from the cops for going to fast or crashing into other vehicles in the game, just like mafia 2.

Same here, but I don't really care about the furniture, unless you can invite people over and it affects their opinion on you.

You mean like sex appeal in SA? That would be kinda cool. Like ' man your couch reeks of piss get a new one or i wont let u work for me' that sortof annoyin stuff lol. Or if you have girlfriends (which if you do it should work better, not so repetitive) then maybe she wont sleep with you if ur house is shit.

You mean like sex appeal in SA? That would be kinda cool. Like ' man your couch reeks of piss get a new one or i wont let u work for me' that sortof annoyin stuff lol. Or if you have girlfriends (which if you do it should work better, not so repetitive) then maybe she wont sleep with you if ur house is shit.

yeah, also depending on the personality. Like if they don't give a shit, they come in, and if they are obsessed with cleanliness they turn it down.

I think you should be able to have friends over to your houses, just to chill drink and smoke, maybe play pool or whatever you have in your house. That's more fun than riding around picking them up and going fucking bowling...

I would like a new online game mode called "Life" or something of that particular sort. For example: You & your online friends could have the ability to have a family, own a house, a job, etc. That's just my activity I would like but probably won't get.

I dont want gta to be the sims. However i do think that why doesnt the sims use the technology. If other companies are making skyrim, assassins creed and gta then why or god why does EA refuse to make there game bigger and better, instead they keep the 'real' game for PC, where it then crashes on the load screen.

Although i think that we shouldnt turn gta into the sims, maybe the sims should turn more into gta.

• Like 1

Anyway on the topic of GTA, I would like to see more weapons, particularly melee weapons with different kill styles. Like the kantana, ax, pool cue, dildo, hammer, sledge hammer, meat cleaver, golf club, machete and of course, the chainsaw. Most of these were in VC or SA, don't know why they took them out in IV. Maybe because the RAGE engine couldn't handle it? I don't know. But I prefer melee combat to ranged combat when having fun and fooling around most of the time in GTA, and in IV it kind of sucked only having a baseball bat and a knife.

• Like 1

Yeah, when im pissing of pedestrians i prefere to get close and personal, unless they run and then i shoot them. But i would like more combat weapons. Not just a bat and a knife. Like in VC with the D.I.Y store, you could get hammers, screwdrivers etc maybe they could add a drill, that would be fun. Or at the pharmacy some medical equipment to kill people. And instead of just having armour could they have it tiered or something, like one is really amazing and one is like pretty shit. That way you are dtriving for the better equipment like in AC and Skyrim. I dont want as much choice as that but at least then u feel that you are getting better and the money is helping to get better and increase your money.

Yeah, when im pissing of pedestrians i prefere to get close and personal, unless they run and then i shoot them. But i would like more combat weapons. Not just a bat and a knife. Like in VC with the D.I.Y store, you could get hammers, screwdrivers etc maybe they could add a drill, that would be fun. Or at the pharmacy some medical equipment to kill people. And instead of just having armour could they have it tiered or something, like one is really amazing and one is like pretty shit. That way you are dtriving for the better equipment like in AC and Skyrim. I dont want as much choice as that but at least then u feel that you are getting better and the money is helping to get better and increase your money.

Yeah a drill would be awesome. Nailguns and tazers were gonna be included in VC, but didn't make it in the final version. If those returned, it would be awesome. Cops could carry batons and tazers, and I would just run around shooting nails at people. Life would be great.

I'm hoping a health system improvement à la 'The Getaway', lean against an object (or someone) and start healing. It's getting annoying having to eat or save everytime your health is low. It worked till a few years back, but time to improve :)

• Like 1

I'm hoping a health system improvement à la 'The Getaway', lean against an object (or someone) and start healing. It's getting annoying having to eat or save everytime your health is low. It worked till a few years back, but time to improve :)

So basically regenerating health.

There was an interview with Jeronimo Barrera (I believe with him) a month or two ago about Max Payne 3 saying the problem with regenerating health is people sit behind cover too much instead of getting through the mission.

There was an interview with Jeronimo Barrera (I believe with him) a month or two ago about Max Payne 3 saying the problem with regenerating health is people sit behind cover too much instead of getting through the mission.

True, and I'm also not 100% convinced about the whole regeneration system, there's games where it works and games where it doesn't, but there's got to be a middle way. I'm not so much talking about missions as I am about fooling around in the world.

Longer missions could have a single well placed checkpoint and problem solved... (most of GTA's missions aren't really super difficult anyway, so far...) But when free roaming, it would be a welcomed addition. The more I think about it, the harder it seems to find the perfect solution... :)

True, and I'm also not 100% convinced about the whole regeneration system, there's games where it works and games where it doesn't, but there's got to be a middle way. I'm not so much talking about missions as I am about fooling around in the world.

Longer missions could have a single well placed checkpoint and problem solved... (most of GTA's missions aren't really super difficult anyway, so far...) But when free roaming, it would be a welcomed addition. The more I think about it, the harder it seems to find the perfect solution... :)

Yeah I hate running across a busy highway for fun as you do and getting hit by a car and surviving, with only enough health to be knocked out by tripping on a curb.

HAPPY OLD YeAR 2012, I was in universal studios singapore,and. Its was awfull,I've b CHOKED by a Frankenstein when I was taking photo with him,maybe I gta 5 able to stranggle victim with rope just like frankentein did to me.