Qdeathstar

What are you looking for in GTA5?

I was just looking at the first SA trailer and I remembered how blown away we all were with rockstar just showing all this crazy stuff we could finally do in gta that we didnt even think of like spray painting, playing b ball, etc... I really want the new gta to blow us away with how much shit you can do that's just there for fun, not necessarily realistic, who cares?

It would be awesome to get seasons but I doubt that would happen since they don't exist in LA... Actually snow capped mountains are only a few hours drive away from LA though, it would be awesome if they included skis and snowboarding

It would be awesome if Disney hall was in the game

Disney-Hall_exterior.jpg

Guest Marney1

Grr...I swear to almighty R*, If I hear C.J one more time... I can't be held responsible for my actions.

CJ.

Grr...I swear to almighty R*, If I hear C.J one more time... I can't be held responsible for my actions.

CJ.

You are now responsible for my neighbours broken windows, and the defecation of their flower pots.

• Like 1

When GTA4 was at the stage in its' development that GTA5 is at right now (where it's mostly completed, it's been announced, and they are building hype and excitement for a release that will probably be in Fall of next year), they told us the theme of the game was NOT going to be "rags-to-riches" as all of the GTA3-era games were. I think they were intentionally going for something dark, depressing, and more serious than.... fun. Which was interesting at the time, I guess, but I do believe we are going more back to our roots in GTA5.

In a nutshell, this is what I am trying to say:

GTA4's theme: "NOT a rags-to-riches story"

By contrast, however...

GTA5's theme: "Will focus on the pursuit of the Almighty Dollar"

I think the game will be great based on this statement. Whereas, in GTA4, you're supposed to remain sort of poor throughout the entire game -- I think GTA5 will be more about money-making, perhaps (hopefully) buying businesses as well as a number of other types of things.

I hope businesses have their own missions tied to them, as well as a secondary function, and actually generate revenue.

For example: You buy a car dealership. Perhaps there are missions in the game where you have to go steal another dealership's gifted employees, or maybe blow up a competitor's dealership, whatever the case may be. Once the missions are completed however, you can earn a steady stream of extra revenue by stealing cars and bringing them here, perhaps modding them. I think they could take it as deep as they wanted to, IF they focused their energies on it and less on just making the playground look pretty.

Beyond the business aspect of things, I hope they provide a lot of clothing and other ways to accessorize your character. I hope the clothing comes with the option of having logos/or not. Perhaps you can even choose the logo's yourself? You can also choose your own colors, everything else.

I want to see the return of Ammu-Nation, with gun range/shooting challenge, and everything.

Bottom line is, I just hope that when they say it's going to be about the pursuit of the Almighty Dollar, that they mean it. I hope they give us LOTS of ways to make the money, LOTS of things to spend it on, LOTS of unique businesses to buy (with their own missions and side challenges, this creates so much replay value). I want a GTA game where you literally build a crime empire. I hope they take the game as deep as possible focusing on actual gameplay/things to do, with lots of rewards and stuff along the way that make it WORTH IT. That's what made GTA so great to begin with!

I want more clothes, more tattoos, ways to customize your character. I want the ability to purchase bigger car garages (forget parking on the street) IF I want to, so I can store all of the cool, unique cars that I find or build in the game.

With clothes customization, I think they should have a lot of different clothing "shapes" (like different styles of shirts, pants, shoes, etc) and then after you pick your shape, THEN you can pick your color, the logos (if you want them), and everything else. This way, when you are buying clothes, you're actually creating clothes, and you can save all of your creations in the closets at your safehouses. This will give flexibility to the clothing system, and people who may be unhappy with the choices are given the ability to create their own from the ground up and then save THEIR clothing.

I would be willing to bet a lot of money that GTA5 sees the return of buying businesses/property/etc and "Empire Building", AND customization in the game.

• Like 1

When GTA4 was at the stage in its' development that GTA5 is at right now (where it's mostly completed, it's been announced, and they are building hype and excitement for a release that will probably be in Fall of next year), they told us the theme of the game was NOT going to be "rags-to-riches" as all of the GTA3-era games were. I think they were intentionally going for something dark, depressing, and more serious than.... fun. Which was interesting at the time, I guess, but I do believe we are going more back to our roots in GTA5.

By contrast, however...

I think the game will be great based on this statement. Whereas, in GTA4, you're supposed to remain sort of poor throughout the entire game -- I think GTA5 will be more about money-making, perhaps (hopefully) buying businesses as well as a number of other types of things.

I hope businesses have their own missions tied to them, as well as a secondary function, and actually generate revenue.

For example: You buy a car dealership. Perhaps there are missions in the game where you have to go steal another dealership's gifted employees, or maybe blow up a competitor's dealership, whatever the case may be. Once the missions are completed however, you can earn a steady stream of extra revenue by stealing cars and bringing them here, perhaps modding them. I think they could take it as deep as they wanted to, IF they focused their energies on it and less on just making the playground look pretty.

Beyond the business aspect of things, I hope they provide a lot of clothing and other ways to accessorize your character. I hope the clothing comes with the option of having logos/or not. Perhaps you can even choose the logo's yourself? You can also choose your own colors, everything else.

I want to see the return of Ammu-Nation, with gun range/shooting challenge, and everything.

Bottom line is, I just hope that when they say it's going to be about the pursuit of the Almighty Dollar, that they mean it. I hope they give us LOTS of ways to make the money, LOTS of things to spend it on, LOTS of unique businesses to buy (with their own missions and side challenges, this creates so much replay value). I want a GTA game where you literally build a crime empire. I hope they take the game as deep as possible focusing on actual gameplay/things to do, with lots of rewards and stuff along the way that make it WORTH IT. That's what made GTA so great to begin with!

I want more clothes, more tattoos, ways to customize your character. I want the ability to purchase bigger car garages (forget parking on the street) IF I want to, so I can store all of the cool, unique cars that I find or build in the game.

With clothes customization, I think they should have a lot of different clothing "shapes" (like different styles of shirts, pants, shoes, etc) and then after you pick your shape, THEN you can pick your color, the logos (if you want them), and everything else. This way, when you are buying clothes, you're actually creating clothes, and you can save all of your creations in the closets at your safehouses. This will give flexibility to the clothing system, and people who may be unhappy with the choices are given the ability to create their own from the ground up and then save THEIR clothing.

I would be willing to bet a lot of money that GTA5 sees the return of buying businesses/property/etc and "Empire Building", AND customization in the game.

Yeah, where was Ammu-Nation in IV? Why wasn't it included?

Anyway, I agree with your idea of making money, there should be lots of ways to do it and lots to spend it on. In GTA IV there was nothing to spend your money on...

You are now responsible for my neighbours broken windows, and the defecation of their flower pots.

Do you mean the defecation in their flower pots, or are you shitting terracotta right now?

• Like 1

I think GTA5 will be the game everyone was expecting GTA4 to be. Why? Because GTA4 was the first, or perhaps second, game to use the RAGE engine. They had to build everything from the GROUND UP for it.

Since then, though, GTA4, as well as it's two Episodic sequels (TLADT and TBOGT), as well as Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire, Max Payne 3, Midnight Club: Los Angeles (*cough* *cough*) and probably others as well were ALL built using the RAGE engine.

The conclusion you can make from this: with GTA4, they had to build the entire game from scratch, including a brand new engine. It probably had less features/less depth because it was the first BIG game running on the new engine. Which means, all of the time they had to spend troubleshooting, honing and perfecting the RAGE engine, was time they couldn't spend on doing OTHER things developmentally.

However, fast forward three years to 2011 (when GTA5 is announced). Since GTA4's release, at least seven games (mentioned above) have been built using the engine. They've got models saved on some hard-drives of Wild West style stuff (from Red Dead Redemption) and TWO games to pull Los Angeles style models from for GTA5 (LA Noire and Midnight Club: LA, anybody?) all built using the RAGE ENGINE! This is all stuff they ALREADY HAVE DESIGNED AND SAVED.

They won't just take it exactly and copy/paste it, sure, probably not, but I don't necessarily think the fact they are doing all of these Los Angeles based games around the same time is ANY surprise at all. In fact, it's a good thing. They will end up having to spend less time building the city and can spend more time on fleshing the game out, and actually making it fun. By this time, they've mastered the engine that they created for GTA4. They've done the hard work.

GTA5 will be the game we all wanted GTA4 to be. Not only do I just know it in my heart, but from a logical perspective, now that the hard work in game development is done -- they have the ability to spread their wings and fly with this title, reminiscent of what VC and SA were like compared to GTA3. Mark my words, this game will be what we've all been waiting seven years for, basically.

• Like 3

A black guy.... In GTA.... HE MUST BE CJ, who else could it be?

Oh I don't know, maybe one of the other 40 million black people in the USA?

Nope, he was wearing a white wife beater, and we all know that CJ is the only person who could possibly own one of them.

Do you mean the defecation in their flower pots, or are you shitting terracotta right now?

Maybe I meant "of" maybe I meant "in" I don't know any more, ...want me to send you some flowers?

Guest Marney1

...LA Noire, ... and probably others as well were ALL built using the RAGE engine.

...(LA Noire and Midnight Club: LA, anybody?) all built using the RAGE ENGINE! ...

L.A. Noire wasn't RAGE.

L.A. Noire uses Havok.

logo.gif

By contrast, however...

Yeah, where was Ammu-Nation in IV? Why wasn't it included?

Anyway, I agree with your idea of making money, there should be lots of ways to do it and lots to spend it on. In GTA IV there was nothing to spend your money on...

due to liberty city having a ban on firearms within the city, this is commented on during one or two missions, much like new york does (I believe)

AS for who was the best character and which was the best game, that is all a matter of opinion.

However CJ will not be returning in GTA V. The GTA III era games are over and done with, and we've started a new timeline of sorts.

Welcome to the forums.

*merged into 'What are you looking for in GTA5?'*

• Like 1