Sign in to follow this  
grove_nz

Information Timeline

March 29 - First trailer

June 28 - Second trailer

December 6 - Third trailer

That's 9 MONTHS worth of waiting for 3 trailers... I really hope this game won't wait so long for the next few trailers.

Guest Marney1

March 29 - First trailer

June 28 - Second trailer

December 6 - Third trailer

That's 9 MONTHS worth of waiting for 3 trailers... I really hope this game won't wait so long for the next few trailers.

There'll most likely be about 9 videos all together. Some will be called trailers, others called videos.

Guest Marney1

hopefully not. really dont want to wait so long for the trailers and i really dont want there to be another delay on the release date

There hasn't been a delay. The last 2 months before release we might see a video every other week, it's just the way they market the game and whip fans into a frenzy to make sure every man and his dog knows it's coming.

Guest Marney1

According to your theory, there would be roughly 1 video a month. So that means that another one should come out in 11-20 days.

No it doesn't. Rockstar tend to bunch the trailer releases closer together in the final months before release.

There will also be a gradual build of sections on the official GTA V website for different apects of the game so you won't be bored in between the video releases.

According to your theory, there would be roughly 1 video a month. So that means that another one should come out in 11-20 days.

No it doesn't. Rockstar tend to bunch the trailer releases closer together in the final months before release.

There will also be a gradual build of sections on the official GTA V website for different apects of the game so you won't be bored in between the video releases.

That's great and all, but I'm pretty fucking bored waiting for the next trailer. Better be better than the first one.

That's great and all, but I'm pretty fucking bored waiting for the next trailer. Better be better than the first one.

Not too phased if it's awhile before next trailer, as long as there's some other information released soon elsewhere

A game franchise like GTA shouldn't need much marketing. It's annoying to wait for that long. Just release a trailer, then release the game next week, then players will do the rest of the marketing. Will improve everyone's life, and will leave less time for people lobbying to ban violent games to stop GTA5 or some of its features. :D

I don't really expect the 2nd trailer to be released this year, I hope it will be released this year though.

Really? I would expect one in December some time, or if not a trailer a chunk of genuine info.

what was wrong with the first trailer? i thought it was pretty good

A game franchise like GTA shouldn't need much marketing. It's annoying to wait for that long. Just release a trailer, then release the game next week, then players will do the rest of the marketing. Will improve everyone's life, and will leave less time for people lobbying to ban violent games to stop GTA5 or some of its features. :D

if they release the game right after the first trailer, then people like me who weren't expecting any trailer or announcement on the game (i didn't hear about the trailer until about a week after it released when i was looking around on IGN) would not even know about the game and it would be released. Even with a huge game that is part of a huge franchise like GTA, it still needs time for it to market itself

gta 5 wont took so long like gta 4 because in gta 4 the rage engine was first used and invented like that there were many many many bugs thats because gta 4 took so long.In gta 5 rage engine would be better because the basics are given from gta 4.

It would be interesting if they just gave fans that trailer to go by, then gave us the release date without any other info until it was released.

gta 5 wont took so long like gta 4 because in gta 4 the rage engine was first used and invented like that there were many many many bugs thats because gta 4 took so long.In gta 5 rage engine would be better because the basics are given from gta 4.

What the hell are you talking about? GTA IV used the Euphoria engine. & It was delayed because of development issues with the ps3 version. Any delays for V will be financial or some unexpected development problem. It has nothing to do with the game engine...

Guest Marney1

What the hell are you talking about? GTA IV used the Euphoria engine. & It was delayed because of development issues with the ps3 version. Any delays for V will be financial or some unexpected development problem. It has nothing to do with the game engine...

Whoa! Chill the fuck out Mr Expert.

I never said I was an expert, that guy is just an idiot.

Guest Marney1

Just because someone doesn't eat, sleep and shit GTA it doesn't make them an idiot. Correcting someone's mistake without breaking their balls would be a better way to go about it.

Just because someone doesn't eat, sleep and shit GTA it doesn't make them an idiot. Correcting someone's mistake without breaking their balls would be a better way to go about it.

I dont rape GTA either. The idiot statement was reffering to his grammar and the "In gta 5 rage engine would be better because the basics are given from gta 4" bit. Which makes him sound like an idiot.

Euphoria was just the physics engine, RAGE handled everything else... so technically he is correct. Just sayin' y'all.

Guest Marney1

"The RAGE engine drives games such as Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV and Midnight Club: Los Angeles, as well as upcoming titles such as Max Payne 3." - I'm not sure if we can trust the source where I found this information but it seems genuine.

It would be interesting if they just gave fans that trailer to go by, then gave us the release date without any other info until it was released.

That would be hell unless the release date is within 3 months or so