CommanderShepard

New Leaked GTA5 map? [And Image?]

At first I thought the light blue lines were supposed to be creeks or waterways and wondered why they went under and over the roads, but I guess they're supposed to be the train lines.

Also I believe Vinewood is the wrong place, as long as the plane at the end of the trailer was a "continuous" shot.

And the screenshot looks like IV. Guy's face is messed up too. Low poly or something. Mods more than likely.

much much later edit but I'm not bumping this: From the map page comments: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/613842889479542313/7FE73804BDFFEF237366AC33459F57D962D1AC4E/ So the screenshot was indeed from GTA IV.

One weakness is that on that Los Santos map, there doesn't seem to be a beach area for the city. There seems to be a beach near the airport, but the rest is a bit apart from the seaside.

Secondly I think this is too small for the new Los Santos. It's about the size of 2, or 3 GTA:SA Los Santos'.

Thirdly, why would the map be so vertical (north-south) in shape, while it's more likely a city stretched on the coastline horizontally (west-east)

Saw this post so I had to sign up to comment. The way these images were taken (of the monitor with the rest of the room blacked out as well as the two map images being taken with by a person standing not face on to the monitor but looking from the left side) remind me an awful lot of the fake "GTA Hawaii" screenshots from earlier this year.

http://www.igta5.com/gta-5-hawaii-fake-screenshots

Don't know why I didn't do this in the first place... I assumed the blue building had to be taken from the trailer since it isn't a real building. And what-do-ya-know:

post-3-0-44844200-1321510687.png

My 'shopping is obviously not exact, but I don't think I need to prove anything further with this. -_-

Saw this post so I had to sign up to comment. The way these images were taken (of the monitor with the rest of the room blacked out as well as the two map images being taken with by a person standing not face on to the monitor but looking from the left side) remind me an awful lot of the fake "GTA Hawaii" screenshots from earlier this year.

http://www.igta5.com...ake-screenshots

Come on man. It's a common fact that all Rockstar beta testers sit off to the left. Ask Psy about the trips they take him on. They're demand you sit off to the left. It's the only way to play these days. ;)

Fake, but still good. They based it heavily off the old "Liberty City It's Over" advert.

And the coast of California. Bring it up in Google Earth and look at it from the area of Oxnard/Thousand Oaks down through Huntington Beach, the shape on the screenshot map is pretty close (still exaggerated in some places) to the actual coast line. It even has the Marina just north of the airport which in real life is Marina Del Rey just north of LAX.

The island appears to be based closely on the shape of Catalina Island as well.

Guest Marney1

The character's stance is exactly like those in IV plus what caught my attention was the $ sign coming after the amount:

Shouldn't it be $ then numbers rather than numbers then $?

So the LC it's over poster could have been matched up to California? I can't remember anyone ever suggesting that. It apparently looks like France o_O.

And yeah Skribble, it'll have been done by someone from Europe probably. Think that's how they do their currency symbols (after the amount). e.g. 370€

Guest Marney1

Only our benevolent leader could turn a typo into a knock at Marney.

Anything to shift the blame.

So the LC it's over poster could have been matched up to California? I can't remember anyone ever suggesting that. It apparently looks like France o_O.

Here is a map I found on Google of the California Coast section I'm talking about.

5152633.jpg

Fake, but pretty damn good.

What makes me believe it's fake is all the distortion and such. And the fact that it seems tiny, or maybe that's because of the vast amount of water on either side, which is very unusual! And it's very vertical, I would've thought it would be at least a little more horizontal. But that Island looks awesome.