Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marney-1

Ron Paul: Champion of The Constitution

I have been a Ron Paul supporter since 2007. The way it seems to be here is that most sheeple over 35 or so in general just believe and do whatever the propaganda box tells them to. But most Americans under 35 are starting to wake up, that is what I'm optimistic about. Even just a few years ago, at the bottom of our Keynesian mess I would talk to people and they would be utterly clueless, That is not the case anymore, America is finally starting to wake up. We have a lot of corruption to take on and a lot of propaganda zombies yet to wake up but "we the people" will take this country back from these terrorist, war mongering, Keynesian politicians. I just hope it won't be too late.

And yes, in many ways we are just a puppet of Israel. Zionism must be recognized for the evil it is.

It seems as though many on this forum are from the UK. I have been listening to a hip hop artist from London for a few years now that is right on point with a lot of this stuff, he goes by the name of LowKey. He's probably more well known over there, but over here it seems as though I am one of the few to discover him.

Now that the nutcase Santorum has dropped out it seems Ron Paul is gaining many of those delegates. I guess there was a brokered convention in 1920 in which a candidate went in with 6% of the delegates and came out the nominee, and went on to win the election. It really seems as though it is rigged though, so not getting my hopes too high. Honestly I can't even find a Romney supporter in Minneapolis, MN. We are told they exist but I don't think anyone has actually seen one in the wild.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP2BjpIYJLw

I have been a Ron Paul supporter since 2007. The way it seems to be here is that most sheeple over 35 or so in general just believe and do whatever the propaganda box tells them to. But most Americans under 35 are starting to wake up, that is what I'm optimistic about. Even just a few years ago, at the bottom of our Keynesian mess I would talk to people and they would be utterly clueless, That is not the case anymore, America is finally starting to wake up. We have a lot of corruption to take on and a lot of propaganda zombies yet to wake up but "we the people" will take this country back from these terrorist, war mongering, Keynesian politicians. I just hope it won't be too late.

And yes, in many ways we are just a puppet of Israel. Zionism must be recognized for the evil it is.

It seems as though many on this forum are from the UK. I have been listening to a hip hop artist from London for a few years now that is right on point with a lot of this stuff, he goes by the name of LowKey. He's probably more well known over there, but over here it seems as though I am one of the few to discover him.

Now that the nutcase Santorum has dropped out it seems Ron Paul is gaining many of those delegates. I guess there was a brokered convention in 1920 in which a candidate went in with 6% of the delegates and came out the nominee, and went on to win the election. It really seems as though it is rigged though, so not getting my hopes too high. Honestly I can't even find a Romney supporter in Minneapolis, MN. We are told they exist but I don't think anyone has actually seen one in the wild.

lol it wasn't even remotely Keynesian policies that led us into our current economic mess. That would be the repeal of the Glass-Steagall act, which regulated risky speculation in order to prevent bubbles.

Ron Paul ascribes to the Austrian School of Economics, which has been spectacularly wrong with its predictions. On the other hand, Keynesian economics has been consistently right.

This can mostly be seen with monetary policy. Large increases in the monetary base has NOT caused soaring inflation and interest rates as the Austrians predicted (and Paul has consistently warned about this, despite inflation and interest rates being at historic lows). On the other hand, the liquidity trap, a phenomenon described in Keynesian economics, explains this perfectly (it also explains Japan's Lost Decade).

At this point, because we are in a liquidity trap (meaning monetary policy has no effect on anything, which is how we've solved literally every recession), only substantial fiscal stimulus will cure it. This worked with the Great Depression - see World War II. Otherwise our economy will remain stagnant for another 7-10 years, and in accordance with Okun's law, unemployment therewith.

I like Ron Paul because he's one of the few politicians that speak out against our interventionist policies and breaches of civil rights, but regarding fiscal and monetary policy, he's a blind ideologue. Which probably explains why he's consistently wrong about it.

I have gotten some family members of mine to vote for him. He's the only real man who deserves to run this country. Raises the most in donations, most internet followers, and supported by most of the troops. Although the media blacks him out, it's clear he's at the top. Romney had his time but Paul is closing in

I like you, you fail less than the others. Have you spammed in the Asylum? Go spam in the Asylum, it shows that you deserve to live.

Who?

I have gotten some family members of mine to vote for him. He's the only real man who deserves to run this country. Raises the most in donations, most internet followers, and supported by most of the troops. Although the media blacks him out, it's clear he's at the top. Romney had his time but Paul is closing in

No, Romney clearly has the nomination. Paul isn't even remotely closing in.

Guest Marney1

No, Romney clearly has the nomination. Paul isn't even remotely closing in.

If that's the case it shows how stupid Americans are as a whole. America - YOU'RE STUPID!

Guest Marney1

Forgive my ignorance, but my american politics is terrible. Who is Ron Paul, and why should I care?

(btw, I have a genuine interest on the matter but wikipedia and the media are bad sources of knowledge on the matter)

Ron Paul is America's last hope. Simple as that, if they pass up the opportunity to elect him as their next president they'll never get another chance at true democracy.

Forgive my ignorance, but my american politics is terrible. Who is Ron Paul, and why should I care?

(btw, I have a genuine interest on the matter but wikipedia and the media are bad sources of knowledge on the matter)

Ron Paul is America's last hope. Simple as that, if they pass up the opportunity to elect him as their next president they'll never get another chance at true democracy.

It's funny when people outside of America realize and understand how the American gov't works when yet the own citizens of the US don't even have a fucking clue. Luckily though Ron Paul here recently has won Colorado and Minnesota He still has a chance. Either way I'm voting for him no matter what. I'd just wish if the rest of America would kindly wake the fuck up!

• Like 1

Ron Paul is our most iconic libertarian. Libertarianism means a lot of different things but in America it generally means you're socially liberal and fiscally conservative (also keep in mind that America's political center is very much to the right of every other industrialized country).

He's most certainly not the last hope for America. His take on fiscal and monetary policy would be disastrous to the economy. Having said that, I do respect that he's one of the few politicians that speaks out against corporate welfare, our imperialistic foreign policy, and our frequent breaches of civil rights (like the newly signed indefinite detention law).

Ron Paul is obviously the right man for the job, but the thing is a lot of people in America dislike him, or just "go with the flow" and choose Romney instead. Or they're just ignorant of it all and choose whoever feeds them the most BS.Unfortunately he is far behind Romney and even goddamn Newt. I do not see how Newt Gingrinch can be ahead of Ron Paul, it just defies the laws of life.

It's funny when people outside of America realize and understand how the American gov't works when yet the own citizens of the US don't even have a fucking clue. Luckily though Ron Paul here recently has won Colorado and Minnesota He still has a chance. Either way I'm voting for him no matter what. I'd just wish if the rest of America would kindly wake the fuck up!

Ron Paul has no chance of winning the Republican Nomination. He also has no chance in a three party race against Romney and Obama, but i'm sure Obama would be extremely happy if he decided to run. Ron Paul says the things you want to hear, and therefore your super excited about him. The thing is though, even if he is the most radical, most courageous, best potential president anyone could hope for, he doesn't have the support of anyone in congress AND to be an effective president you need to have the poeple that decided what laws to right, pass, and send to you to sign, LIKE YOU. And Ron Paul doesn't have that. He can't even get the general public to support him. He has no shot.

You have no idea how the nomination process works or how little winning states with no population helps you. How many big-wig political donaters live in Colorado or Minnesota? Zero. No money no campaign. Its quite simply really. Finally, true democracy. LOL. Thats a rally cry for pitty. First, people vote with their money. If Ron Paul was someone that was supported, his coffers would indicate that.

Ron Paul is obviously the right man for the job, but the thing is a lot of people in America dislike him, or just "go with the flow" and choose Romney instead. Or they're just ignorant of it all and choose whoever feeds them the most BS.Unfortunately he is far behind Romney and even goddamn Newt. I do not see how Newt Gingrinch can be ahead of Ron Paul, it just defies the laws of life.

I would have voted for Newt Gingrich in my primary because he is outspoken and Obama is too passive agressive. That, and i thought he was the only person besides Romney that had a chance of winning the primary. Unfortunately, Gingrich didn't get his shit together on time and wasn't allowed on the ballot.

The thing is though, even if he is the most radical, most courageous, best potential president anyone could hope for, he doesn't have the support of anyone in congress AND to be an effective president you need to have the poeple that decided what laws to right, pass, and send to you to sign, LIKE YOU. And Ron Paul doesn't have that. He can't even get the general public to support him. He has no shot.

True, but he would veto any bill that would come to his desk which is incompatible with his beliefs, as he's stated numerously. He'd take advantage of the bully pulpit. Eventually, the congress would have to swing his way to a certain extent, if anything would be accomplished.

Doesn't matter either way now. Paul doesn't even have a brokered convention as an option anymore, considering Santorum and Gingrich withdrew from the race. The vote isn't diluted as it was before.

Congress only has to put up with someone they don't agree with for 4 years, their terms are 6 years 2 terms limited or 2 years unlimited. If nothing gets done it will the president to blame, not congress....

Not really, the pressure would be placed on members of congress if the system becomes stagnate, as the people would start complaining. Congressmen bow to pressure, and would therefore start writing legislations more in line with Paul's thinking. Doubt congress would let 4 years roll by without some sort of cooperation with the president -- that's unrealistic.

Cept that's what they've been doing for the past 11 years

Bills have been getting passed. There's too much bipartisanship.

They should have a cap on how much money a political candidate can spend on campaigning.

Our already deeply corrupt political system was made even more corrupt by the Citizens United ruling, which allowed unlimited campaign donations, which made way for SuperPACs.

We have the worst Supreme Court that we've ever had. Scalia is a bonafide idiot.

:roll:

They should have a cap on how much money a political candidate can spend on campaigning.

The should make the term limit one term eight years

:roll:

You know, this is such a monumentally incorrect statement that I have to wonder where you get your information.

Guest Marney1

Heres all you need to know about Ron Paul:

Only honest politician running. Vote for him or get ready for four more years of bullshit. Its not just America that gets screwed either for all of our European members who think that what happens in America doesn't effect you.

You speak sense sometimes. Props to you.