Sheep

What's your connection speed?

Yep newcastle just got upgraded :D apparently they throttle the upload, but ive never seen it happen so far, but i dont really upload so... on the whole VM are decent, i usually hit the full 50Meg, and i havent seen torrents affected that much, but im always at work during peak times so i wouldnt see it anyway

1268481497.png

damn, i thought my numbers were tons better than that... comcast internet is surprisingly very good... i don't have the top internet package but, i thought the numbers would be a little better than that... if only their TV service was good... it fucking blows, i'm not paying $50 for shitty channels and horrible service... but for the internet, yea, i'll pony up what it costs...

I should wait till we get that Google 1Gbps fiber network here in Kansas City before posting...

but here is what I have now:

1278679674.png

shitty, but I can't really afford to pay for anything better.

Guest Bruce Willis

You.

Are.

Fucking.

Shitting.

Me.

1758818409.png

Wondered why I couldn't watch any videos so decided to run a test. Surely they're not allowed to drop below a certain speed, I'm paying for this shit too.

Guest Bruce Willis

1759567544.png

I pay for 8mb/s, but I can max it to 50

Doesn't the 50 refer to the speed from your wireless modem to your PC or something though? I'm sure someone here could explain how it all works.

1759766431.png

has managed to improve considerably over the past few years. not sure by how much so I might have to reference the old topic. I shall go and research on igta and come and edit this later

Edit: it appears that it hasnt improved by much since 2010 but it was much worse prior to that

Edited by trathen93

1760187591.png

You.

Are.

Fucking.

Shitting.

Me.

1758818409.png

Wondered why I couldn't watch any videos so decided to run a test. Surely they're not allowed to drop below a certain speed, I'm paying for this shit too.

Try resetting your TCP/IP, it's probably not that weak. That's just the speeds your PC is running that's not what your provider is giving you if you, also you could try to optimizing your internet speed on your laptop but that requires a deal of knowledge but some programs such as AVG PC Tuneup offer Internet Optimization.

Guest Bruce Willis

1760187591.png

You.

Are.

Fucking.

Shitting.

Me.

1758818409.png

Try resetting your TCP/IP, it's probably not that weak. That's just the speeds your PC is running that's not what your provider is giving you if you, also you could try to optimizing your internet speed on your laptop but that requires a deal of knowledge but some programs such as AVG PC Tuneup offer Internet Optimization.

My connection is so crap atm that I can't be bothered waiting for that image to load.

Download: 0.94 Mbps

Upload: 0.34 Mbps

Ping: 130 ms

Bruce im on my phone and even mine is better than yours...i suggest if you havent already u get on to talktalk and ask them wyhy you should pay for broadband speed that you arent getting.

O and i assume the 50 is how many miles you are from the nearest signal tower thing...just a guess.

Guest Bruce Willis

Bruce im on my phone and even mine is better than yours...i suggest if you havent already u get on to talktalk and ask them wyhy you should pay for broadband speed that you arent getting.

O and i assume the 50 is how many miles you are from the nearest signal tower thing...just a guess.

I'm with AOL.

I'm with AOL.

Well it said talktalk on the thing so i assumed, but whatever you should contact whom ever put your broadband connection in. If it has been fine up till now i assume it is a fault down there end.

Just be happy ur not with BT.

I'm with AOL.

No wonder you're getting screwed with connection speed in the US AOL is extremely trashy for an ISP, I'm not sure if it's like that in the UK but it seems like it. I would suggest calling them and complain.

I'm with AOL.

No wonder you're getting screwed with connection speed in the US AOL is extremely trashy for an ISP, I'm not sure if it's like that in the UK but it seems like it. I would suggest calling them and complain.

*cough* yep thats what i said...

my home internet test results are on page 2, i got a C score :(... but i thought i'd try out my work connection today...

1760255253.png

where i work, i would be pissed if it were anything less than an A... we use the internet 99% of the time...

You.

Are.

Fucking.

Shitting.

Me.

1758818409.png

Have you been torrenting or something? wait

>AOL

Shitty throttling at non peak times when you havent downloaded much is a staple of AOL.

Guest Bruce Willis

So AOHell told me to do 3 speed test's at 3 hour intervals via Internet Explorer (plugged in with ethernet cable) with online-speedtest.net and add my phone number at the end. Now on the phone to them to see what they can do...

Bell ends said the last two test results didn't go through to them and I should try again.

Fuck you AOL and get some english speaking fucking customer service people too, couldn't understand a fucking word your paki operator was saying.

Guest Bruce Willis

Still waiting on AOHell to sort this out. At the moment if I wanted to download an average length movie it would take 30+ hours.

Please pray for me.