seems to me that this map isn't really going to be that big.

i would expect it to be RDR size over all, but thats going to seem much smaller now we have speed on our side (i.e. cars and jets as opposed to horses and trains)

it's already been said that the total size of the map won't just be land mass. The ocean is included since we can actually go underwater. So the map will be plenty big but not the size of just cause 2. Just cause 2 map was huge but there really wasn't that much to do besides mess around. Gta 5 will have a big map and more interiors to go into then before. Just go watch the gameplay trailer and that will ensure that there is going to be plenty to do in this game.

i would expect it to be RDR size over all, but thats going to seem much smaller now we have speed on our side (i.e. cars and jets as opposed to horses and trains)

it's already been said that the total size of the map won't just be land mass. The ocean is included since we can actually go underwater. So the map will be plenty big but not the size of just cause 2. Just cause 2 map was huge but there really wasn't that much to do besides mess around. Gta 5 will have a big map and more interiors to go into then before. Just go watch the gameplay trailer and that will ensure that there is going to be plenty to do in this game.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/lol-gta-v-has-graphics-proof.452845743/

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/lol-gta-v-has-graphics-proof.452845743/

seems like they're anti gta

http://www.ign.com/b...roof.452845743/

No, they all sound like fucking 8 year olds bitching about random graphical shit that isn't important to the GTA series in the first place. They can shove Just Cause 2 up their ass all day long and not have the unlimited playing experience of GTA game.. haha I found that thread very unsettling.. :no: sorry about the pointless rant..

Anyways, back to the god dam topic.....

i think that this mt chiliad we have seen here has been removed... am i right?

gta-5-trailer-1-hikers-making-the-climb.jpg

I was just asking myself the same exact thing! And If it hasn't been removed where would this be? cause I don't see a place where this forest and hugemoungous mountain would go in the map. I'm really wondering where this is.

http://www.ign.com/b...roof.452845743/

No, they all sound like fucking 8 year olds bitching about random graphical shit that isn't important to the GTA series in the first place. They can shove Just Cause 2 up their ass all day long and not have the unlimited playing experience of GTA game.. haha I found that thread very unsettling.. :no: sorry about the pointless rant..

Anyways, back to the god dam topic.....

nice humor there "dam"

To give credit where credit is due. Just cause 2 was a massive game with beautiful landscapes, a plethora of transportation, fighter jets, explosions, grapple hook and parachutes. But that's where it ended. The world felt lifeless, mission/story was stale. But it's still fun to jump in and blow shit up for a few minutes.

GTA5 is obviously going to top it in terms of replayability and things to-do. Story will be fantastic. Plenty of vehicles, side activities, and things to customize. The map will be plenty big for all the people bitching.

To give credit where credit is due. Just cause 2 was a massive game with beautiful landscapes, a plethora of transportation, fighter jets, explosions, grapple hook and parachutes. But that's where it ended. The world felt lifeless, mission/story was stale. But it's still fun to jump in and blow shit up for a few minutes.

GTA5 is obviously going to top it in terms of replayability and things to-do. Story will be fantastic. Plenty of vehicles, side activities, and things to customize. The map will be plenty big for all the people bitching.

Yeah I just get sick of people criticizing shit they know nothing about.. Especially negatively towards the GTA series..

And I only played the first Just Cause and found it fun but the crazy mid air stunts, grappling hook, flying into vehicles shit was kinda too much for me.. But size isn't everything, they can design a massive map but once a player has finished exploring, there has to be something left to do in it..

smog_wide-9ad072611f69740122fb2b87ace32c216d5c5147-s6-c30.jpg

Man, the draw distance in real life sucks! See, the real world has bad graphics!

Why can't it be crystal clear and haze free, like Far Cry 3?

farcry3+PC_d3d11+2012-12-05+19-01-44-90.jpg

But seriously, Rockstar always packs a tonne of fun stuff into their maps, unlike a lot of other open world titles. I mean, even after finishing a game 100%, you can still enjoy yourself. I mean, have you ever stalked a ped in RDR or LA Noire? The way that they interact with the world is amazing!

Reckon we'll get an official map release before the 17th?

have we ever got a map eeveal before a gta game launch? no. will we this time? I'd say no.

Yes of course we have! On the official websites of all the main GTA games starting from GTA III.

GTA III has a map.

GTA Vice City has a map. Click the bulletin board and then click the map pinned to it.

GTA San Andreas has a map. Click any of the three sections and get the full street map of that section.

GTA IV has a map, but sadly it's just the outline of the game's map which, to be fair, we have from the achievement icons.

• Like 1

Yes, as I mentioned before the SA map reveal on the official site was hyped up quite a lot. I think they revealed each part every two weeks, I remember I couldn't wait to see the next section just to find out how big the map was. Then somebody at R* fucked up and revealed Las Venturas early.

Map update.

I've made some adjustments to the level of terrain, added some slight mountain detail, changed the shape of the Alamo sea, added colour, and added a couple of landmarks to put the scale into perspective.

thumbnail_448.png

• Like 6