GTA V on PS4/Xb1 in

3390 replies to this topic

#2421 eXo Mirakle

Do Boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:08 PM

People keep forgetting that the size stated included interior as well as exterior. For all we know, they could have done a shit load of interior.

#2422 TreeFitty

Los Santos Fire Dept.

• Admin
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:21 PM

View PostRParker99, on 17 July 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

What do you use to make these maps Fitty?

Inkscape. I make .svg files so I can basically zoom in or make a huge image if I wanted. I started using Inkscape a couple years ago when I started making this.

Posted Image

#2423 Parker The Non Existent

The Ausnadian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:58 AM

Thanks man, I will download it right away.

#2424 GunSmith

Calculator Watch Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:25 AM

I did that not too long ago, Parker. Had no idea what the fuck I was doing and gave it up.

#2425 TreeFitty

Los Santos Fire Dept.

• Admin
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:37 AM

It's quite different than Photoshop. It takes a little more time to make something but usually easier to alter things afterward. I actually made a GTA IV-style version of the GTA V map pretty quickly since it's easier to alter colors. :P

#2426 Santiago

GTFO Loc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:49 AM

The streets seem to spaced out in Fitty's map but otherwise it is the best map I have seen that is complete. I saw 95% of the real map somewhere on this site.

#2427 TreeFitty

Los Santos Fire Dept.

• Admin
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:04 AM

Okay, I'm convinced Rockstar has either accidentally used structures [far] outside of Southern California or they are really stretching their "reimagination" of it.

First is the rail bridge. Since the first screenshot of it the only match I found was one in Canada - a very good match. I had searched Google 10 different ways for a rail bridge in Southern California and it actually popped up in the image results for "truss arch rail bridge california". The real bridge is Stoney Creek Bridge in British Columbia:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Now here's what I was looking at just now. In this next screencap you can see a motel in the background (individual yellow boxes with the letters and some signage under it including a red arrow). Searching Google for "route 66 motel california" brings up an image of an almost exact motel sign for Glancy Motel which is on historic Route 66. The problem is that it's in Oklahoma.

Posted ImagePosted Image

There have been a few others that I can't think of off-hand where a similar structure was a little far from Southern California.

/rant

#2428 Parker The Non Existent

The Ausnadian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:08 AM

View PostTreeFitty, on 18 July 2013 - 05:04 AM, said:

Okay, I'm convinced Rockstar has either accidentally used structures [far] outside of Southern California or they are really stretching their "reimagination" of it.

First is the rail bridge. Since the first screenshot of it the only match I found was one in Canada - a very good match. I had searched Google 10 different ways for a rail bridge in Southern California and it actually popped up in the image results for "truss arch rail bridge california". The real bridge is Stoney Creek Bridge in British Columbia:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Now here's what I was looking at just now. In this next screencap you can see a motel in the background (individual yellow boxes with the letters and some signage under it including a red arrow). Searching Google for "route 66 motel california" brings up an image of an almost exact motel sign for Glancy Motel which is on historic Route 66. The problem is that it's in Oklahoma.

Posted ImagePosted Image

There have been a few others that I can't think of off-hand where a similar structure was a little far from Southern California.

/rant

Damn you were busy.

#2429 BlackSox9

Neutral

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:15 AM

View PostTreeFitty, on 18 July 2013 - 05:04 AM, said:

/rant

So much for the on-site investigations of sites in and around Los Angeles Rockstar said they did.

It looks like they just did a bunch of image searches, instead of actually scouting any real locations...

#2430 TreeFitty

Los Santos Fire Dept.

• Admin
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:22 AM

I have no doubts that they traveled around Southern California. It's more of a question "Did they fuck up or did they fill in a few things that they wanted?"

#2431 Ouroboros

The Serpent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:22 AM

i don't see the big deal.

these things are out in the middle of nowhere in the country. i could see it being a big deal if it was in the city or something. but out in the middle of the country i don't really care. they probably just did google images for some of the stuff out in the country. it would be a lot of work for them to find things to photo graph in the country compared to the city.

i don't find it a big deal personally.

#2432 Massacre

Warlord of the Wastes

• Moderators
  • 8,994 posts
  • LocationThe Apocrypha

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:26 AM

It's pretty safe to assume that they did it because the countryside or boring as shit, no matter where you are. If they didn't take some liberties and put more unique things in the countryside, the area wouldn't be nearly as interesting.

#2433 beatnicpie

VIPenis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:50 AM

View PostTreeFitty, on 18 July 2013 - 05:22 AM, said:

I have no doubts that they traveled around Southern California. It's more of a question "Did they fuck up or did they fill in a few things that they wanted?"

I'm willing to bet that they had a shot of the bridge in BC, and they lead landscape designer said something to the effect of, "Find me a rail bridge like that, but in California."

After finding no such bridge, they returned with the original image and no one was the wiser. Show biz.

#2434 Googlefluff

Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:02 AM

I've been to that bridge. There's a reason it was the highest it the world when it was new.

#2435 Usha

Hard To Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:04 AM

Posted Image

#2436 Massacre

Warlord of the Wastes

• Moderators
  • 8,994 posts
  • LocationThe Apocrypha

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:17 AM

Are you posting this to be funny, or am I going to have to choke a bitch?

#2437 Parker The Non Existent

The Ausnadian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:23 AM

View PostMassacre, on 18 July 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

Are you posting this to be funny, or am I going to have to choke a bitch?

Come on, I wanna see you choke a bitch.

#2438 GunSmith

• Members
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

View PostTreeFitty, on 18 July 2013 - 02:37 AM, said:

It's quite different than Photoshop. It takes a little more time to make something but usually easier to alter things afterward. I actually made a GTA IV-style version of the GTA V map pretty quickly since it's easier to alter colors. :P

I'll have to Google some tutorials. I'd like to experiment with using Inkscape to recreate the actual map, come September.

#2439 DuPz0r

Beev Vercetti

• Gold Member
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:16 AM

View PostGunSmith117, on 18 July 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

View PostTreeFitty, on 18 July 2013 - 02:37 AM, said:

I'll have to Google some tutorials. I'd like to experiment with using Inkscape to recreate the actual map, come September.

Or you can join forces, and create an official iGTA5 - Points of Interest, Stunt Jump, Hidden Pickups/Packages map...?

#2440 GunSmith

• Members
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:27 AM

Sounds like a fun time! I've got plenty of time to learn the ropes of Inkscape between now and September.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users