Hello everyone! first time commenter, long time reader. First I'd like to add a landmark I think has been over looked.

From the new gameplay video screencaps:

9255377185_bc187f8f11_o.jpg9255376601_bf7f54d988_o.jpg

This is Los Angeles County Lifeguard Headquarters on Venice Beach. I couldn't find it but I believe someone posted a unofficial image of a side view a while back, I dont think much was said about it but I'll keep looking. There is also a Santa Monica HQ just south of the Pier. I'm not positive but I think you can make it out in the screenshot of the dodo flying over the beach.

Also curious about this screencap:

9258155250_b00ac37186_o.jpg

Is it just me or does this look like some sort of structure at the top of the mountain?

Found a side view:

9255376615_483ae0cb88_o.png

• Like 3

There is, he's talking about the random links

'blob:http%3A//www.flickr.com/d3f2f01a-69dd-484e-9d05-0132d70e0282'

'blob:http%3A//www.flickr.com/d3f2f01a-69dd-484e-9d05-0132d70e0282blob:http%3A//www.flickr.com/d3f2f01a-69dd-484e-9d05-0132d70e0282 '

next to the image of the video

Just ignore that. As long as you can see the 4 photos, thats all there's meant to be.

I dont know why those links are attached to it.

Just ignore that. As long as you can see the 4 photos, thats all there's meant to be.

I just get those flicker 'image is unavailable' things...but since you added the youtube video link I see what you're talking about. TF will have to add it to the landmarks page. :)

I just get those flicker 'image is unavailable' things...but since you added the youtube video link I see what you're talking about. TF will have to add it to the landmarks page. :)

Fixed it. I think...

Fixed it. I think...

Correct. Well done.

seems like there are a bunch of mapping clues that can be taken from this preview. There were several great shots of the map and the streets. I wish I had the skill/attention span to put something together like you guys do.

Hello everyone! first time commenter, long time reader. First I'd like to add a landmark I think has been over looked.

From the new gameplay video screencaps:

9255377185_bc187f8f11_o.jpg9255376601_bf7f54d988_o.jpg

This is Los Angeles County Lifeguard Headquarters on Venice Beach. I couldn't find it but I believe someone posted a unofficial image of a side view a while back, I dont think much was said about it but I'll keep looking. There is also a Santa Monica HQ just south of the Pier. I'm not positive but I think you can make it out in the screenshot of the dodo flying over the beach.

Also curious about this screencap:

9258155250_b00ac37186_o.jpg

Is it just me or does this look like some sort of structure at the top of the mountain?

Found a side view:

9255376615_483ae0cb88_o.png

Sorry if it's been noted, but I saw this on Imgur today. Higher-res look at the anomaly at the top of (presumably) Mt. Chiliad: http://imgur.com/gallery/R6Hrg

It may just be a weird angle, but to me it almost looks like the strcuture it's jutting out of the mountain sideways?

That building seems to be in a very awkward position. its almost like its about to fall off the mountain. Sometimes if you go go hiking you will run across empty concrete buildings like that. they were usually apart of some sub station or something like that. I am guessing that this is what that is, just an empty concrete building.

Can someone take the screen caps of the map when switching characters and try to piece it together

I'm gunna say, Yes

Can someone take the screen caps of the map when switching characters and try to piece it together

Yes. Someone can.

...and that someone is me. This was a pain in the ass, btw.

post-2995-0-69861300-1373598278_thumb.jp

The entire thing has been rotated 90 degrees to put north at the top, since that should help us get our bearings. For whatever reason, the map as shown in-game has north at the left of the screen, east at the top, etc. This is based on the north marker on the radar map during Trevor's cop chase scene - he starts out travelling on a very straight road from bottom to top on the radar, which turns out to be west to east.

I seem to remember someone saying the rolled-up map from the Special Edition promo was also rotated. Could be that the map is actually longer from north to south, so R* oriented it that way so it fits nice on an HD display. <shrug>

For comparison, here it is as shown in-game.

post-2995-0-00453100-1373598303_thumb.jp

Edit: Watermarked, good call Gunny.

Edited by MrMister81
  • Like 3

Yes. Someone can.

...and that someone is me. This was a pain in the ass, btw.

The entire thing has been rotated 90 degrees to put north at the top, since that should help us get our bearings. For whatever reason, the map as shown in-game has north at the left of the screen, east at the top, etc. This is based on the north marker on the radar map during Trevor's cop chase scene - he starts out travelling on a very straight road from bottom to top on the radar, which turns out to be west to east.

I seem to remember someone saying the rolled-up map from the Special Edition promo was also rotated. Could be that the map is actually longer from north to south, so R* oriented it that way so it fits nice on an HD display. <shrug>

For comparison, here it is as shown in-game.

that make the city look fucking huge