Icecoldbagey

IGN Seems To Think GTA V Will Be Digital Release Only......

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1211265p1.html?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter

They seem to have a source claiming that GTA V will be download only, although boxed copies will be available in store. The idea being that the boxed copies have a download code and maybe some added extras as well, possibly collectors items etc.

Discuss

Yeah it would, but if they were going to implement it they'd defenitely have something in place to (at least try) and prevent this from happening. I dont really like the idea to be honest...but I guess it means everyone who wants the game HAS to buy it new...no pre-owned. Which the industry tells us is killing the game market

Personnaly, If im going to spend 60 freakin dollars on a game, I want to atleast be able to hold the damn thing in my hands and admire the shitty plastic and paper art, and be able to put the new fresh game into my console. Thats just me. Buying online, may be alot easier for fat WoW people who don't like to leave their basement, but its just not as satisfying as heading to your local Game store and getting that sealed copy.

• Like 1

That clearly is complete bullshit. Also, I would have to murder everyone working for all R* branches, because I would never be able to download a file that huge.

Guest Marney1

Exactly....I wanna open the box and see a disc on release day, not a scratchcard with a code on. I suppose it doesn't really matter what I want though :no: . We shall just have to trust in Rockstar on this one!

I totally agree. Imagine the abuse R* would get if they did a shit trick like that, I 99.99% doubt this digital download only crap.

Guest Marney1

Yes I highly doubt it...just because IGN articles seem to get more retarded by the day. I wouldnt completely rule it out though...but I seriously hope there is not a shred of truth in this.

I really hope I'm not forced to add IGN to my Shit List.

We definitely need to make a wall of shame once details about the game come out, and give some abuse to ALL the websites who have posted shitty rumours along the way.

Ign should be on your shit list with gamespot. Any website which demands reviewers give high advertising dollar clients good game reviews should be discredited as a source of anything.

It's also worth noting this is the opinion of ANALYSTS. How often do they get these things right?

I analyse that GTA V will be set in the 1730's, and you'll play as Carl again in a storyline that will find you transubstantiating time and space to find your one true love. And it will be sold alongside the PS9, which, as we all have seen in the advert Sony put out, uses neurotechnology. Also it will be released on April 16th in the USA and April 20th globally.

It's true.

A friend of a friend, his friend's cousin's aunty's mother's brother tweeted a retweet from the friend of a friend who's friend is an anonymous Rockstar employee!

As well as the digital download there will also be a one off chance to purchase a physical copy from the deck of the Titanic, a submarine will take the lucky winner of the ballot down into the depths, where he/she will be able to grab the world's only physical copy with the submarine mechanical claw! It's a wicked idea unless you accidentally drop it into a crevasse.

You heard it here first, folks.

Maybe they didn't know the GTA trailer was going to be anounced and think we will have GTA4:VICE and GTA4:SanAndreas before R* gets around to GTA5.

Their "source" is just a website talking about damaging sales through preowned sales and customers not spending money on games add-ons. There is no reason to draw the conclusion that rockstar will lead the way. Fucking idiots.

Guest Marney1

Don't forget to report possible Shit List contenders for me. Try to get the actual source who spat the shit in the first place.