ViceMan

Dreams

Lately i've had some weird dreams that I can't explain in any conceivable way. So I thought i'd post what I remember about them here for no apparent reason, feel free to join in or offer your insights.

Anyway I had a dream where me and two other people (don't remember who) were walking down a gravel path between two open fields, it was a bright sunny day but there were a few fluffy white clouds in the sky. Now this is the weird part, there was some sort of giant gun or cannon type thing (the nearest thing I can compare it to is the galaxy gun from some Star Wars book) in the sky sucking up the clouds, I imagine it would have been about 20-30,000 ft in the sky, but even at that height it seemed huge. I was walking down the path looking at it, but I don't think it concerned me that much. Anyway then it either shot out some projectile or exploded itself and crashed to the ground beyond the horizon, causing a huge explosion. We saw the immense dust cloud approaching us and knew we were in trouble, but luckily this path had some sort of concrete fence with horizontal slats that were about 2ft wide which we could hide under to protect ourselves just as the dust cloud reached us and fire began raining from the sky.

That's all I can remember of that one, I do vaguely remember one I had a week before, about some zombie uprising where everyone was stuck inside buildings on the second storey looking down at zombies in the street, I think in the end we had to run to another building with zombies chasing us. We just made it through the door with zombies grabbing at our heels in typical Hollywood fashion. (Funny how my dreams are like Hollywood films.)

Your dreams are like Hollywood films because your brain has been filled with this shit since you were a kid, it's been drip-fed to you. Your subconscious brain is full of cheesy goodness planted by your perception of horror and catastrophe from the movies.

Or these could be metaphor's. You may be fearing GTA V may not live up to your expectations, and this could be coming out in interpretive Hollywood horror from within your meaty white!

That's all I can remember of that one, I do vaguely remember one I had a week before, about some zombie uprising where everyone was stuck inside buildings on the second storey looking down at zombies in the street, I think in the end we had to run to another building with zombies chasing us. We just made it through the door with zombies grabbing at our heels in typical Hollywood fashion. (Funny how my dreams are like Hollywood films.)

On the rare occasions when I actually do dream, it's very frequently about a zombie uprising.

I read that book and I think it means you need to get your weiney touched by a grandmother of 5 with saggy tits, thats Sigmunds words not mine, I got this number you can have, Wayne Rooney usually goes to her when he's having them kind of dreams.

Your brain is the ultimate troll. People try to understand it with dream interpretation, but that bag of water is always one step ahead, the fucking wrinkly piece of shit.

Had another one inspired by GTA V and Assassin's Creed. I think it was set in Jamaica and the character was a Rastafari, there were a couple of other gang members following him around. Then they climbed up some of the small buildings and sat on top looking over the city. I seem to remember one of the weapons he picked up was a piece of spiked iron railing, then he hid in the back of an ironmonger's shop in the shadows and jumped on the unsuspecting owner with it.

:no: I have no fucking idea either, just recalling what I remember.

On the plus side, since I work for Rockstar I can tell you it's all true and going to be in GTA V.

Thats obviously coz u were thinkin about GTA and assassins creed, and the rest is ur Hollywood movie crap lol. Mystery solved haha

That's life my friend. obviously u have a vivid imagination, maybe u shud make games or films, its strange dreamers like u that come up wit saw and dexter.

Guest Marney1

I'm too afraid to sleep. Most of the time I'll wake up on the couch having just took the knock without knowing it.

If I wake up screaming so does she so I'm best on the couch anyway.

Guest Marney1

So, what is it, Marn, night terrors, war flashbacks, random nightmares? I'm interested and somewhat concerned about what your problem is.

I really don't know, I kind of see dark shapes and they absolutely terrify me. I think I might sleep with my eyes open sometimes and when something like a jumper which I've thrown on the bedroom floor or hung over the foot of the bed comes into view I see it as a person. It's really hard to explain, maybe I'm seeing them as burned people?

I start sweating but the hairs on my body are rigid and I start panicking but feel paralysed and can't look away, it's like I'm being forced to look.

Possibly severe sleep paralysis, combined with, I don't want to say PTSD, but some kind of observation/vigilance/maybe even paranoia leftover from your military days? If you can't move when it happens, then sleep paralysis is almost a certainty, can't think of anything else that would have those symptoms.

I know I've had some weird dreams in the past. I'm pretty thankful that when I do sleep these days, it's mostly a blackout sleep, no dreams at all.

Guest Marney1

Possibly severe sleep paralysis, combined with, I don't want to say PTSD, but some kind of observation/vigilance/maybe even paranoia leftover from your military days? If you can't move when it happens, then sleep paralysis is almost a certainty, can't think of anything else that would have those symptoms.

I know I've had some weird dreams in the past. I'm pretty thankful that when I do sleep these days, it's mostly a blackout sleep, no dreams at all.

Although I have different opinions and look at things in a whole new way I've never regretted anything I've ever done because like any job, you do it to the best of your ability and put what you've learned into practice and make sure you do a good job of it. You should be proud that you had the ability to carry out the job you were paid to do whatever it might be, even if you look back and think it was morally wrong and evil. I've held several people's hands as they've died and it made me happy to see them die because they were no longer suffering. It made me feel peaceful in myself because I felt I'd given them some comfort. I'm not even sure what the fuck I'm talking about now but I don't think I've ever suffered from PTSD, I accept the past as the past and there's nothing you can do about it, so why regret it?

I've often wondered if the nightmares/night terrors or whatever you call them are down to sudden temperature changes in the room or the air pressure around me. I have at least two windows open of a night and all the room doors open to allow a vaccuum of air to pass through. I'm confusing myself now.

I'm going to try and sleep now, it's just on 5:30am and the sun will be up soon, maybe I'm scared of the dark?

I didn't really mean PTSD, and I definitely wasn't saying you regretted it or that you should have. I believe the same thing you believe about what you did, and I don't even believe in good or evil or morality, only perspective. I just meant it was some sort of remnant of that military/war way of thinking; you see something out of the corner of your eye that seems out of place, you tense up, try to investigate, try to figure out what's going on, or however you would handle it. That combines with the sleep paralysis, and it makes you panic. Fear of the dark would only make this worse.

Most of the more modern research into sleeps purpose and dreaming is starting to focus on memory. The things you dream about are just little snippets or visualizations of something you've seen or thought throughout the day, or even as far as what your subconscious links to what you saw during the day. Your brain is just reshuffling and sorting for later recall. Ive had some weird and very lucid dreams lately, where I knew I was dreaming and was able to in some ways modify the dream around me, but i needed practice cause I couldn't control/change everything.

Maybe its other things in your life right now, maybe stress or fear. It may not have anything to do with the military. How long has this been going on? Maybe see a doctor because if not you could become seriously ill, not just from sleep deprevation but because your immune system will suffer and you will pick up bugs easier and won't be able to fight them off.