Image courtesy of patrickbrown :)

dexter__the_dark_defender_by_patrickbrown-d3iiz8w.jpg

So Dexter season 6 has pretty much started around the same time as The Walking Dead Season 2 this year. So i have two hours of back to back awesomeness to watch every week for the while!

Anyone here watched Dexter yet?

To be fair it's been around for a long time. I managed to watch the other 5 seasons all this year, so I'm really into it at the moment.

icon11.gif

I've seen all of them this year too.

new season is pretty good. at first i wasnt digging what appears to be the main criminal but the "sneak peak" of the next episode made them look pretty badass. that and now i have an idea why tehy are doing what they are doing...fuckin religious people

We don't have the new series in the UK yet. We just finished the series that had luman in it. I have read one of the books but they are not as good, I love the series!

We don't have the new series in the UK yet. We just finished the series that had luman in it. I have read one of the books but they are not as good, I love the series!

I'm from the UK. I'm watching the 6th Season ;) And the books are good! I'm on the 5th book and it's as good as the TV series imo. But not completely related to the TV series.

Luman was the 5th Season, The US are only on the 6th season, so it's not that far behind. :)

O I see, I think I read most of dexter by design but confused coz its nothing like the series, it was good but because I had seen the series not as good for me. I think the part with den in season 5 was good, very tense.

I reckon he's going to die at the end of Season 8 (when the show finished), either that or he is caught out.

It does look like the Bay Harbour Butcher case is going to be re-opened. Maybe Special Agent Lundy will be coming back.

This is going to be much better than season 2, then it was only Doakes who sussed Dexter out. This season it'll be massoka, debra and that forensics guy.

Maybe Special Agent Lundy will be coming back.

Lundy was sniped dead by the Trinity killer's Indian friend, and Debbie left badly wounded.

Damn, I forgot and can't remember, I will have to re watch some of these seasons.

I hope the Ice Truck Killer appears to Dexter again this season, would be cool to see his dad be the good side of his mind and his brother be the bad.

The last episode of this season is called 'Surprise Motherfu****', so we might see Doakes again, in Dexters day dreaming.

The TV series and the Books don't gel when it comes to Doakes.

Because Doakes was...

...locked in a prison shack out in the everglades by Dexter in the TV series, and was killed in an explosion. But In the books, he was tortured and amputated by Dr Danco.

I guess his day dreams could have some Doakes in though. But he normally has a generic good vs evil mindset, which is most likely going to be his foster father and his real brother.

So, anyone around here still watching Dexter? The end of Season 7 felt as claustrophobic as Breaking Bad in recent months, or Scarface towards the end. There's only so far you can go with these sorts of things, and Dexter is sadly coming to an end.

So, will Dexter make it off into the sunset, and keep on killing with a different identity, or will he fall like all the greats? Discuss.

One more year, and one more season. It will be missed!

I love this show and I hope he stops killing in the end but maybe flash forward to his son doing something a bit too violent. I hope they finish it soon, it will be like fringe and not make any sense at all.