The Mad Dooby

Cars/Vehicle Talk

Got a nice tour of a private car collection that was being detailed. Included a Maserati MC12 and Ferrari F50. There was also a Datsun 240zx. Thing started up immediately. Mint.

hOwekvz.jpg

jx8ENKB.jpg

2aWG0pZ.jpg

npVKPZo.jpg

Just to add the 240zx has 14,000 original miles and one owner. 1982.

• Like 1

I would like to purchase a set of fender flares for my 2014 Ford F-150 XLT truck. 4wheelonline has a big selection and it left me quite confused. Are Bushwhacker fender flares a good choice and would it fit my XLT? I am currently doing some mods on my truck to make it off-road worthy. 

Got this strut tower brace off craigslist for $50, came off a 2015 5.0 Performance Pack. Literally a steal, they go for $265 new. Steering feels more solid too, aside from it looking nice.

Next is to get rid of this factory airbox and let her breathe.

C6AQ5HC.jpg

• Like 1

Totally a steal for $50. I figure I should post pictures of my piece. I've considered an upgrade many times but she's just been to damn good to me and has way to much life left for me to get rid of her. 125,000 km, and I'm second it's owner. 

Slight ding on the hood and bumper as you can see, nothing beyond cosmetic. I've been meaning to take it to a buddy to have him touch it up but I haven't bothered yet + Money.

dxt2neq.jpg

Don't mind the scan tool, was out checking my fathers Cruze right next to it.

IUbtzNs.jpg

I just noticed that pillow, I don't know what it's doing there....

jZ8yziz.jpg

Got some good cheap all seasons last month (plus wheel well rust!!!)

21ToPn1.jpg

And yes, I drive around town with pokemon dolls in my back windshield.

H0WaplQ.jpg

Drapes match the exterior.

jlqEGss.jpg

And the motor, 3.4L V6 pushrod. Nothing special but it's got more go than the 4-cyl Ecotech on the base. It outran my buddy's turbo Cruze in, erm... Testing. I've heard all the complaints about the leaky seals and coolant, but as mentioned in a previous post, all the manifold and gasket seals were replaced and the corrosion on the heads was machined off at 123,000km. Also reinforced the rocker arms on the heads as I've suffered a blowout or two in the past (mainly from my maniac driving, but still, it's nice to know they're sturdier).

icQHIjj.jpg

Other than that, just cleaned all the metal and all the oil residue, attached a new ignition system and got rid of the bulky old manifold heat shields for wrap instead. I've been looking at an airbox upgrade as well, although instead of a delete I'm looking to see if i can attach a Ram Air box off of a Grand Am GT. However I'm hindered by the fact that my car has a total lack of a front grille..... 

KabGWKd.jpg

So there you have it, my 03 amateur mechanic pokemon-fanboy granny-mobile!

Edited by CFO Charles
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, CFO Charles said:

Totally a steal for $50. I figure I should post pictures of my piece. I've considered an upgrade many times but she's just been to damn good to me and has way to much life left for me to get rid of her. 125,000 km, and I'm second it's owner. 

Slight ding on the hood and bumper as you can see, nothing beyond cosmetic. I've been meaning to take it to a buddy to have him touch it up but I haven't bothered yet + Money.

dxt2neq.jpg

Don't mind the scan tool, was out checking my fathers Cruze right next to it.

IUbtzNs.jpg

I just noticed that pillow, I don't know what it's doing there....

jZ8yziz.jpg

Got some good cheap all seasons last month (plus wheel well rust!!!)

21ToPn1.jpg

And yes, I drive around town with pokemon dolls in my back windshield.

H0WaplQ.jpg

Drapes match the exterior.

jlqEGss.jpg

And the motor, 3.4L V6 pushrod. Nothing special but it's got more go than the 4-cyl Ecotech on the base. It outran my buddy's turbo Cruze in, erm... Testing. I've heard all the complaints about the leaky seals and coolant, but as mentioned in a previous post, all the manifold and gasket seals were replaced and the corrosion on the heads was machined off at 123,000km. Also reinforced the rocker arms on the heads as I've suffered a blowout or two in the past (mainly from my maniac driving, but still, it's nice to know they're sturdier).

icQHIjj.jpg

Other than that, just cleaned all the metal and all the oil residue, attached a new ignition system and got rid of the bulky old manifold heat shields for wrap instead. I've been looking at an airbox upgrade as well, although instead of a delete I'm looking to see if i can attach a Ram Air box off of a Grand Am GT. However I'm hindered by the fact that my car has a total lack of a front grille..... 

KabGWKd.jpg

So there you have it, my 03 amateur mechanic pokemon-fanboy granny-mobile!

That's clean af man, not sure if you're into car detailing or whatever but using your car now for practice is great to get into it, that's what I did with my old car.

Griots Garage makes some of my favorite stuff, not sure if it's sold around you. Chemical guys is good too. If you wanna clean up the engine bay, cover up the alternator and battery with a plastic bag, spray some simple green or degreaser and scrub, and rinse it off. 

So I did the exhaust. H-Pipe replacing the resonator and 2.5" straight pipes out the back. Considering a cat delete as well. 

Was gonna wait to post till they're on the car but fuck it.

Landed a wheel sponsorship so I got these. 20x9 front 20x10.5 rear. Just got 1.5" lowering springs too. Waiting on tires and TPMS sensors. Also have to finish ceramic coating them so cleaning isn't a bitch. Fitment is about to be perfect.

fBnH3Pp.jpg

h4vP5Jc.jpg

And a very rough render of what they'll look like.

oooh, brian bringing back digimods.  What do you do that someone will sponsor you? Do you race the car or????

Its interesting that your mustang doesn't look like the 25k pos most wannabes drive around in... looks legit. The new rims make the whole car look better.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Qdeathstar said:

oooh, brian bringing back digimods.  What do you do that someone will sponsor you? Do you race the car or????

Its interesting that your mustang doesn't look like the 25k pos most wannabes drive around in... looks legit. The new rims make the whole car look better.

Thanks man, sponsorship wise I built a large following on Instagram. The bigger I get the better the sponsorships will get. Basically companies feel that me having a large audience with good engagement will help advertise their products. Some of the sponsorships are only partial, some are full. 

I spent a year looking at different wheel styles until I settled on these. I felt that they look very good on black in that style and so far no one has done gloss black so I should be the first with this specific wheel. Many spokes seem to compliment this chassis and I love the profile of 20's as well. 

57 minutes ago, CaPn bOnEs said:

how the hell did you get 20K followers with only 94 posts?

A lot of networking, shoutouts, and I've archived many posts that didn't do so well over time. I may be clearing out my posts again soon and narrowing that number down further. use of hashtags too. 

Not even on instagram, but I will join and subscribe for kicks, Brian..

oh what my nipples could have been..

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CaPn bOnEs said:

networking must of really helped out, i can barely keep the 2100 i have lol... but i also don't focus on it all that much anymore now that i am bored of it...

The Mustang community is huge too so it helps, what's your Instagram I'll follow you 

12 hours ago, Qdeathstar said:

Not even on instagram, but I will join and subscribe for kicks, Brian..

oh what my nipples could have been..

Thanks pepperoni nips, lmk your username so i can follow back

Finally got my new wheels on. Next week I'll be getting some custom work on my headlights and getting my brakes repainted red with black brembo stickers on the fronts. Also have lowering springs sitting in my room, and I'll be throwing on some carbon fiber. Gonna be a good year for the car.

Evok5u2.jpg

7nDumux.jpg

• Like 1

Had my brakes repainted today, headlights are being done tomorrow.

Paid a buddy to do mine originally, he did the fronts half assed and never finished them. So much for friends. Had a guy in Brooklyn redo these. Hit them with a sandblast, then primer, red paint, brembo stickers, and clear coat. 

4187i9d.jpg