The Mad Dooby

Cars/Vehicle Talk

Scraped together some cash and have some plans for the car now, first thing was my suspension. Completely replaced the shocks and struts. The difference is night and day. It was $725 with parts and labor but with the safety benefits of new parts and fighting wear on the tires it's worth it.

Anyone here who has an older car or one with lots of miles (mines 14 years with 103k) and stock suspension, do yourself a favor and replace it. Ride quality is way better, braking and turning as well.

Next on the list for parts:

• Wheels and tires
  • Raxiom Icon Tail Lights with Sequential Harness
  • New Bumper (someone hit me in school parking lot and left it damaged, never found who it was)
  • Possibly vinyl wrapping the entire car matte black, or the stripes matte black
  • Paint correction
  • Subwoofer install (got a free Sony Xplod from my GF's brother, just need an amp and wiring kit)

Once I'm done with these not much else I plan to do with the car, really just gonna be saving up so I can get a 2015 EcoBoost Premium or GT in/after college.

Here she is during my muffler delete I did a few weeks ago, sounds much better. 

HPLUT7l.jpg

• Like 1

You car don't look 13 years old... still shiny... i got my truck in '06 and the paint is just... matte. But not in a good way.

Personally, i'd just to the stripes matte black. Its kind of cliche nowadays to paint everything matte

Looking to sell my car, lots of shit keeps happening and I've spent enough.

If I do sell I either want a newer Mustang, Wrangler, or a truck.

I love the 2015's, and have been looking at used EcoBoost premiums. Best interior yet, but sound like shit for being a 4cyl. They have a factory turbo tho. Otherwise I guess a GT from 05-12 whatever fits my budget.

If I can't do that, I'm looking at two door Wranglers as 4 doors are too much. 

Trucks are all in shit condition unless you spend a fuckton of money so its a lost resort I think.

Any recommendations? 

Look for a ford ranger. Nice affordable trucks. If you want to go that route. My preference is a truck, cause you can do shit with them.

You never said what your budget is.

Sorry about that Bri.  Really sucks when you put all your money and effort into something only to have something else fuck up a few months down the road. I just re-did the heads on my Alero and put in a MSG ignition system, was about $1100 for parts and tools (me and a friend did the labour). I had a few hiccups here and there (didn't tighten a coolant line and the belt got chewed up) but it's running decent now. *knocks on wood*  Now I'm looking at a whole 'nother set of fixes. I have an exhaust leak somewhere before the Cat, and while I'm down there I could probably use another Catalytic as well.

Fresh Heads

0Bw6eGa.jpgnz9iPtN.jpg

wFFEoTm.jpg

all the extra goodies

M603sfY.jpgsWlIZgu.jpg

Heads + New Gaskets

6Lge49d.jpg

• Like 2

So after lots of research, some haggling, and pretty good luck, I am getting a 2017 Mustang GT Premium. 

I know some of you have said it wasn't the best option at this age, but I have my college tuition covered first off, so that's a lot of money there that I won't need to worry about (or loans). I have a steady job paying pretty decently, and grandparents who are willing to help me a little with insurance. They're going to pay what I pay for my car now, and I am footing the difference. 

Anyway, I'm very excited for it to come. Here's some photos from today. It's got an automatic transmission (with paddle shifters whoop) and 18" black foundry wheels as options. It's also black which was my #1 choice. I put a deposit down today, will be placing the down payment Monday, and when the salesman that helped us comes back from vacation, it will be delivered next Friday.

13987102_699862216834275_178225387_o.jpg

14001792_699862220167608_1582488707_o.jpg

13950958_699862226834274_35775520_o.jpg

• Like 3

Since we're bragging, I'm still driving the pinnacle of automobiles. 05 Holden Astra (think it's Opel in the UK?). Gold colour, which has faded into random silver racing stripes. The backseat is covered in dog hair, and torn up by said dogs. A few random blood stains, origin unknown. Has some damage as cunts find it funny to crash into it in car parks when I'm not around. Smells of smoke and likely has contraband I've forgotten about stashed in every compartment. A number of burn marks from careless cigarette smoking and other, less savoury reasons. I have upgraded the speakers (total cost $50). All offers must be in cash and no paperwork will be signed as the ancient astronauts are watching me and I need to stay off the radar, if you'll pardon the pun.  

Photos by request. 

• Like 2

This thing is a dream. Fast as hell, nice as hell, every feature I could want, and I've been getting a shit ton of compliments.

ACvLxFy.jpg

jIyS0Ux.jpg

• Like 3

Brian, i gotta ask. What kind of camera are you using? Those pictures are like magazine quality, so props to you on the artistic eye.

Canon Rebel T4i and the cheapest 50mm lens Canon offers

• Like 1

Gonna plastidip my wheels black, and also paint my calipers red. I already plastidipped my emblems black, left the "." in 5.0 red. Will post pics soon.

Next planned mod are louvers in the back like this

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Speaking of mods, I have pink neons under the dash which bathe my feet in a soothing glow. Although some are shattered due to clumsy passengers. I must take pics, but I'm trying to find a camera shitty enough to do this beast justice. Think I may upgrade to a LED strip so I can control the colour and hold discos in the backseat. 

I can't compete with Brian when it comes to coolness but I can when it comes to style....well, a certain style. 

• Like 1

Amazon has great kits if you're actually serious for pretty cheap. Did it on my old car. Fed the wires through the fire wall and put a few fuses in. 

Here's how the wheels came out

iBIePvw.jpg

Yeah it'll cost very little. Already have all the wires going through the power jack in the dash so it'll literally be a case of unplugging the cold cathodes and plugging in the LED strip. I'm just lazy. Also I hate how I'm significantly older than you and you have a cooler car than mine. Dick. Wheels do look nice. 

• Like 1

Why the hell did I ever get a Ford Fiesta?  Thought they were supposed to be reliable.  It's only done just under 29,000 miles and had to have a new water pump & drive belt last month which set me back £240.

Took it in for an MOT this morning and although it passed, it needed new break pads (wear and tear I suppose) but the shock absorber had a 'light misting of oil' :unsure:

Least it passed the MOT, now to wait for something else to go wrong.

Edited by shabbagaz

Short vid of some snow drifts. This is how my exhaust sounds with no mufflers and the stock resonator.