Massacre

Assassin's Creed

I've had a few bugs, but not consistently enough to be of any concern. Took photos of most of them; guy half in a wall, one when trying to air assassinate a captain on a ship it somehow glitched due to the rigging getting in the way and as a result I was stuck unable to move in the hanging animation while the guards shot at me.

Funny/annoying things, Bayek is a pussy magnet - cats seem to flock to his feet, first happened mid battle with some guards, three cats rushed towards me and I panicked thinking they were trained attack cats set to lick my face off with their raspy tongues. Secondly the moment you dive into any large body of water the game sees fit to spawn a homing boat that will lock onto you and chase you down incessantly. Presumably the helmsman is some fanaticist who loves mowing down casual swimmers, they lurk out of sight but as soon as you turn your back - WALLOP! prow in the back of the head. If you somehow avoid them they proceed to stop next to you and abuse you, usually in Greek. (I'm assuming this mechanic is so you're never stranded far from a boat, but damn, these people are true menaces of the seas.)

• Like 2

And i'm taking my time, doing side quests and exploring locations. Chariot races can fuck off though, came 3rd and 4th in my two attempts at the first tourney.

i aced my first chariot race, and i beat psy's friendly time challenge :lol:... i reached level 17 the last time i played, i was just starting to head south from alexandria, trying to work my way back to giza, because i want to see the pyramids up close damnit!

i ran into a phylake in alexandria and had to work my way around him to finish a quest... he killed me with one hit last time i ran into him... there's also one wandering around southeast of alexandria, which is where i'm currently questing... i've managed to avoid him altogether on a couple of close calls... still not sure how i'm suppose to fight them, perhaps when i'm at an equal level i wont die in one strike lol...

The phylakes are really easy with a spear, use the R2 power attack to charge at them from afar and break their defense, then get a few hits in, retreat, repeat and defeat. Also fire bombs before you start the fight itself. Took down my second just now, was raiding a camp in Sapi-Res and the guards alerted him to my location, I considered retreating as I wasn't sure if I could take him, but the spear took him down easily, even with other guards nearby.

Also the flesh decay is awesome and can wipe out smaller camps quickly if you can place a body in the middle in plain sight of everyone.

And you can restore your beard and hair by pressing R2 + triangle and L2 + triangle in the gear screen.

• Like 1

Oh excellent tip - I was happy he got laid, but really upset when she shaved all his hair off! I just toggled the hood up for the time being, figured if he didn't have a beard and awesome hair to show off, he may as well walk around incognito. (Y) 

I'm still in Alexandria for the time being, haven't met the Phylakes yet but that spear I've been saving will come in handy, by the sounds of it. I half-wish the subtitles would include what the locals are saying in Greek and Arabic and other dialects, I'm not sure if they're mocking me or scolding me or saying nice things as Bayek walks by. 

How do you pet the cats??

Another tip for phylakes, fight them on horse/camelback with a spear or axe weapon. Take long passes charging up the R2 power attack, i've changed the spear for a legendary axe that poisons on hit and it seems to work just as well.

• Like 2

a couple of recent snaps B)... i got another one or two, but i'll share those tomorrow...

i played for like 7 hours last night and it feels like i barely made any progress :lol:... i did a buttload of side-quests, and another quest (the scarab) that opened up a whole new simulation, which i won't spoil here yet lol... but i was so tired that i had to turn it off before i got to explore that new (old) game mode... while this game is a lot of fetch questing, it's been fun enough wandering around to keep me from getting bored of it just yet...

i also nearly had 2 run-ins with phylakes... apparently if guards send out for backup at a fort, the phylake comes along as well... it's funny sneaking around them and extracting someone or something from a fort... i was literally 10 feet behind one of them, he never turned around to see me :D...

• Like 2

I find it funny that in most Asscreed games you spend the entire story searching for a PoE, in this game you get one at the very start and have no idea what the fuck it does.

The "final" boss fight is kinda weird with the PoE - it took me a few attempts to master it, but I won't go into specifics.

I've finally got round to playing this over the past couple of weeks - fuck me, this game is absolutely immense.  Ubisoft needed to give the franchise a 'rest' whilst coming up with something new and a bit different - they've absolutely nailed it with Origins.  It's that good, I'm ranking it alongside the Ezio trilogy.

I've barely done any of the main missions - about 3 at the most.  Hell, I had been playing it for a while, getting a lot done and I hadn't realised that I hadn't completed the prologue!

I've explored quite a bit and I've still got a massive amount of the map still to explore - I'm absolutely loving it!  I'm enjoying twatting the shit out of hippos and crocodiles as well! :D

• Like 1

Just finished the main storyline and platinumed the game (probably the most straight forward and most enjoyable platinum yet!).

I'll be brutally honest, this is the best AC game I've ever played.  Granted, Ezio is still my favourite character but Bayek is a close second.  It's been absolutely enjoyable to play and I've been thoroughly engrossed in it for the past two months.

The quests, both side and main, were very enjoyable and different.  The combat, very different from previous and that was/is certainly a good thing.  The map - fucking huge and again, that's a good thing.  Really enjoyed exploring the many places and very often when I set out to do one thing, I ended up doing another!  Graphics, absolutely stunning!

It's hard to find anything bad about this game - the ship battles were a little bit of a pain but other than that, it truly is a work of genius.  It definitely ranks highly along with Red Dead Redemption and some others amongst my favourite games.  Thank you Ubisoft, but please don't sink back into old ways of yearly releases!

Some screenshots taken throughout my play through:

28471556_10156354150069009_8102250897628

28467793_10156354149379009_4221525271990

28377672_10156354149369009_4574674104429

28379822_10156354149354009_4090960110650

28575571_10156354149219009_5535899857323

28379676_10156354148944009_1583997213226

28576969_10156354148934009_4492269357826

28379637_10156354148919009_1999246612266

28379651_10156354148914009_2796769727900

28277063_10156354148744009_8743713557697

28279706_10156354148734009_3506494153095

28276512_10156354148724009_9111963353383

28279059_10156354148539009_3925979317689

28276333_10156354148529009_3429634866515

28276738_10156354148344009_6119720916072

28379687_10156354148334009_2479123442743

• Like 1

nice snaps B)...

in the past 3 months i've played maybe 6 hours total... i just can't deal with the grind, but i do need to see it to the end... it's just all the mundane leveling up this game forces on you... at first i thought it was cool having so much to do, but by the 50th side quest, i was getting rather annoyed with it... i gotta be about halfway thru the story, i think...

I've ended up doing it all my way as usual, levelled him up to 40 and completed a good majority of side quests first. Just restarted the principal storyline and will focus on that next, so it doesn't get watered-down by clearing military outposts. I've enjoyed it, hasn't felt like a grind to me, at all.

Glad they added the discovery tour, that will be cool to check out. I missed the little plaques on landmarks and brief write-ups about historical characters. They put in so much rich detail about daily life in different regions, it'll be cool to learn more.

oi, the grind is so real, lol... but after taking such a long hiatus, it's not as bad as it once was...

i've reached level 32, that's like 7 levels in about a week, but now the side quests are starting to catch up to my current level so i need to find other things to do for XP, or i'm gonna quickly run into missions above my level... thought about playing the hidden ones DLC, at least the first quest is level 24 i think... not sure about the rest lol...

and the photo mode is of course still fun, i love it when the official page likes my images B)... you should start tagging them in yours, gtagrl ;)...

• Like 1

I usually forget, but I think I did tag them in a few of my shots. I took a bunch more pics this past weekend, I'll have a look through and share more. I love it when you end up with the sun and a bright moon in the same sky - lots of gorgeous lighting and drama to take snaps of. (Y) 

I'll probably wait for the expansion pack to drop in price and get it later. I think there are still enough activities and locations to complete for a few more ability points, but I've hit 40 and filled the bar over a few times since then. 

I've never really got into AC (except Black Flag) but this one has me intrigued - sounds a lot more in-depth than previous editions and I don't mind a grind... might be a cheap pick-up after Far Cry 5

• Like 2

Someone said during crew night last night (was it Weevland?) that ACO was just a re-skin of the last one, referring to Far Cry - I never played any of the Far Crys, so it's all new to me. Don't know if that would be a reason to avoid it, but you like a sandbox like I do, Ginginho - this is a beautiful game and an easy way to get lost for hours. The story is really great, and the world feels very rich and detailed, we've come a long way from the copypasta NPCs and missions from older games. 

about to crack level 36, visited some new places on the map, found new side missions, did some arena battles, etc... really looking forward to seeing the other arena that i was recommended to compete in, i've seen screenshots of it B)...

Are-You-Not-Entertained-Gladiator.gif?ss

i also did this side quest called "seven farmers" which led me to a very very interesting tomb that i won't talk about here lol...

took a few more screenshots too... overall, it'll be nice to finally get back to the story soon so i can wrap this up :lol:...

• Like 1