Massacre

Assassin's Creed

I'm consistently around 12 months behind AC releases these days. Played unity not long ago. While I love the franchise I can't help but feel it's a little stale. Black flag was great for the navel battles. It's a shame they have dropped that in the last couple of releases. But I like the return to the large populous cities too. Basically I'm just really hard to please.

Hooray!  They've finally listened!  It became painfully obvious after Unity that it needed a rest - annual releases were killing the franchise, although I still appreciate the annual release of new AC novels.  

I picked up Syndicate last week for 19 quid and have to say its a pretty good game. I love London and the work they put into the architecture, the east end feels squalid and grotty as it should do and the west feels entirely different with better streetlamps and more greenery. I also like how they made the weather realistic and didn't just say "oh it's England therefore it's always raining."

The story isn't bad, pretty much what you'd expect;

although I expected someone to die at the end - well someone did but he was a templar.

Spoiler; templars die in this game.

• Like 2

I picked up Syndicate last week for 19 quid and have to say its a pretty good game. I love London and the work they put into the architecture, the east end feels squalid and grotty as it should do and the west feels entirely different with better streetlamps and more greenery. I also like how they made the weather realistic and didn't just say "oh it's England therefore it's always raining."

The story isn't bad, pretty much what you'd expect;

although I expected someone to die at the end - well someone did but he was a templar.

Spoiler; templars die in this game.

Still haven't played it myself as I was put off somewhat by the crappiness of Unity.  Have been reading the book though which is a great read.

Might end up playing it eventually but there's a back-log of games I want to play and I also need a bigger hard drive for my PS4.

would you rather stare at him lying in a chamber?? that's not good for hollywood action... lol i kinda like it actually, it'd be cool if they added that to the game.... my only gripe is allowing kanye's voice to be heard... the song is fine, but his voice almost kills it...

Her name is Ariane Labed, a Greek actress. The assassin's name is Maria, according to IMDb. 

She apparently was cast after Alicia Vikander (Fassbender's current gf) left the movie to do the fifth Bourne film.

Michael-Fassbender-and-Ariane-Labed-in-A

vAriane%2BLabed.png

Jeremy Irons makes for a great bad guy. (Y)

I noticed AC: Syndicate is on sale this week on the PlayStation Store, 67% off. $27 instead of $80 for the base game, or $40 instead of $120 for the gold edition. Time for a Leap of Faith, methinks.

• Like 1

Also noticing they're releasing the Ezio trilogy for current gen (PS4 & XBONE): 

Would like to know more details but I'm still tempted!  By far the best AC lead character by a country mile.

true, but i am not sure i want to re-play the trilogy... i sputtered out on 4 twice, dammit i need to finish that one... of all the AC's, i was most excited about that one, but i never finished it... syndicate sounds fun tho, but i might hold off while i play some other games like mad max... and hopefully beat black flag this year... there's not a single game coming out this fall/winter that is a must have for me, so perhaps this'll give me time to get caught up on games from last fall thru this summer...

I just have to decide if the gold edition is worth the extra bells and whistles, I think it includes a Jack the Ripper side story, so it's tempting to get the top version. Either way this is comparable to what we used to pay for a new/used PS3 game only a few years ago, way more in my price range and exactly the kind of sale I've been hoping for. I haven't played this series since AC:3, might be nice to revisit that whole gameplay, and have another next-gen title in my arsenal.

• Like 1

I enjoyed Syndicate more than Unity (although that's not saying much,) London felt quite accurate for the Victorian era; lots of smoke and factories in the east end and that red brick they loved to use. I felt disappointed in the mission where you had to scale Big Ben, I won't say why but you'll probably understand if you play it. Hopping across the Thames from boat to boat is pretty fun though.

Anyway it seems like we're going to have to wait until 2018 for the next AC game, which I think is a brilliant move. Means they actually care about the series again.

• Like 1