Qdeathstar

General Gaming Discussion (wholly fuck)

i was setting my ps4 back up to day and it looks like one my controllers shit the bed, anyway, while i was on amazon getting a new controller i noticed that playstation vr came out.... $1000? and you need a ps4? wholly shit. Did anyone even think about buying that?

Edited by CaPn bOnEs
title change, and pinned...

It's possible you were looking at a bundle. I just looked, and it's $570. Which is still more than a PS4, and therefore retarded and overpriced.

I'll drop money on VR when I can plug it into my brain. Until then, I'd just be swinging my arms around and fucking up my apartment.

2 hours ago, Massacre said:

It's possible you were looking at a bundle. I just looked, and it's $570. Which is still more than a PS4, and therefore retarded and overpriced.

I'll drop money on VR when I can plug it into my brain. Until then, I'd just be swinging my arms around and fucking up my apartment.

lsd?

I think i was looking at a bundle, but dont you have to have the camera and the dildos to get it working?

I'm not sold on VR either, but I'm pretty sure Bethesda said they were releasing F4 and Skyrim in VR? I suspect the head bob in those games would make me sick within minutes. Don't even want to think about spinning around to face an enemy who is behind me. I'll stick to regular reality for now. Despite how bleak it is. 

Anyway, any upcoming games anyone is looking forward to? Any recommendations about games which have already been released? We may have a thread for that but I can't recall it.  

For me, at least, it seems like gaming is in another rut. Fallout, TES, and GTA are dead, for at least a few years. A lazy Skyrim remaster instead of the long-overdue TES VI put Bethesda off my radar for the foreseeable future. No word on Assassin's Creed yet, either. Watch Dogs 2 was perfect, but you only get one save file, so that ruins it. Guess I'm just waiting on RDR2, for now.

I agree with Massacre...  I am looking backwards for my next gaming experiences - currently replaying GTAV, then moving on to another run of The Witcher 3 (first time playing through the DLC) and then try to get through RDR again before the 2nd one comes out.   If I was to buy a "new" game, it would be Skyrim (still haven't played it) and that is what, 5 years old.

I would like to try Watchdogs 2 but I am worried the controls might be a bit too complex for this old arcade gamer who was brought up on 3 buttons and a joystick...

South Park: Fractured But Whole is the only game I can see myself buying this year so far...  

I would really like to see an open world, sandbox set in WWII, in a similar vein to the old Medal of Honour series...

Massacre, get on gta v and do biker shit with me.

I've been playing bf1, gta, and the last of us lately. Something about that games multiplayer feels unlike anything else... its actually slow and tactical.

I just figured out why the VR machine was going for so much... that is after-market scalpers... apparently it just came out and is out of stock... Retail on the bundle (which i linked to) is around 699... And you need the camera and wands for the VR to work.... Still pretty high but i suppose at that price you could convince some wankers to buy it....

Like most of you I am also looking backwards for games to play. Only games from 2016 I have bought are Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2, F1 2016 and Just Cause 3 (while drunk and it was on sale for $15). Oh and I received Barbie And Her Sisters Puppy Rescue as a Steam gift....too scared to play in case the cops show up. Play a lot of Rocket League but that is purely with friends for a laugh. 

I am looking forward to playing Alpha Protocol, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines and The Witcher series. Bunch of other cRPG's too, but I don't know if I'm prepared to sink 80 hours into multiple games as I still need to finish my Fallout play through and play 2 again as it has been a while. Oh and I have a New Vegas game going. Fuck, I need to focus on one game at a time. 

Ginginho: I really liked The Stick of Truth. I am worried the new one is  going to be way too focused on farts, which I can't imagine being funny for an entire game. 

I probably won't ever use VR until they finally do away with normal gaming and there's no other alternative, hopefully by then they'll come with an integrated fleshlight.

• Like 2

yea i have that game, but haven't installed it yet... now that i am done with syndicate, i have moved on to skyrim remastered... i guess i am like a number of you, i am currently working on a backlog of games i wanted to play... there's nothing on the horizon (outside of horizon zero dawn) that i am interested in... yea, it looks like a boring year for gaming...

I'm another one 'looking backwards' when it comes to games!  

Finally bought Just Cause 3 before Christmas - some flaws to it like the driving mechanics (even worse now!) but still a bloody good game.  Think it'll take me a while to complete that although looking at the trophy list, I won't be going for the platinum (just 'seeing what I get').

Still need to get Uncharted 4 which is definitely my next buy.  Also looking at Dishonored 2 (loved the first).

As for VR - just a very expensive gimmick IMO.

• Like 1

I'm losing my touch. While I don't play online much, in Dragon Ball Xenoverse I was a nice 21-0 and absolutely smashed all of them. In DBXV2 I'm 0-3 and can barely land a punch. My poor ego.

Is Watch Dogs 2 any good? The first sounded like a disaster but I'm hearing good things about this one. 

Can't remember if I posted about this elsewhere but I had a quick go with Sonys VR headset not long ago.

Did 3-4 laps of a short course track in Drive Club and a demo of an on rails shooter with the "move" controllers.

Drive club stood out for me as you can be looking at the apex and not the nose of the car. awesome for setting corner speed accurately.

Spinning out makes your stomach lurch though.

The other one was fun but very gimmicky to me. not really and replay value.

But it was only a demo.

All up, probably going to be just as popular in the long run as 3D TV's. 

• Like 2

trying to give wildlands another shot...

hanging with weev and casey certainly helped...

Photo Feb 23, 11 02 03 PM.jpg

hungry?? me and weev slaughtered a dairy farm...

Photo Feb 24, 12 01 26 AM.jpg

kind of a cool snap...

Photo Feb 24, 12 01 32 AM.jpg

the first area of the map is easy to deal with... but the new area for open beta was a fucking nightmare!! level 5 area basically means the private military is on you no matter what you do... for a game that started to kind of feel ok, suddenly became torture lol :lol:... then again, going from a level 1 area to level 5 will do that to you... kind of an odd strategy for a beta tho... i don't think a lot of us (other beta testers too) were ready for that... 

still tho, i hope to play some more again this weekend to keep seeing if it's worth it... still not sold...

I'm playing through Mass Effect again. First time on PC so I don't have any of the bonuses for multiple plays I'm used to. Forgot how hard playing Adept is early in the game. My female Shepard looks bad arse when she pulls her pistol out....until it overheats and the fucking Krogan Battlemaster's shields aren't even down. I'm also finding the PC controls to be awful. Thinking I'll use the 360 controller mod.