DuPz0r

General Discussion ~ iRedDead.com

I’m betting it’s a story based trailer, hopefully we get some more insight into who the protagonist is and fingers fucking crossed it’s only one person. I’ve seen talk on the Rdr subreddit of people wanting a player created protagonist which is fucking retarded if you ask me. 

• Like 1

i saw this a week ago... only dick riding morons don't see this connection lol... also from reddit..

you-can-actually-pinpoint-the-year-rocks 

while a new trailer would be cool, i feel like if we got a trailer, it would be the nail in the coffin for another delay... at this point in time, we need more info about the actual game... a story trailer would be cool, but if it that's all it is, then i don't want to have to wait another couple of months for gaming details... trailers are just trailers...

the october game informer is the lord of the rings game... so that makes me think we're just getting a story trailer... not like that's a bad thing, it's just making me think more and more that we're seriously gonna get a delay... bethesda with fallout 4 just dropped it and marveled at it's fandom as it came out later that year... the game was ready to go... we've spent nearly a year since the RDR2 trailer before something hype worthy dropped...

as a reminder, it took nearly a year after the mention of 3 protagonists that we actually got GTAV... yet here we are, 6 months from supposed release, and all we have is a trailer and some screenshots... like i said before, this game is not ready for spring launch... but let's hope I AM COMPLETELY WRONG, lol... but i am only going on history from a company i have grown to hate and love over the years...

• Like 1

Lol I saw that Reddit post too, it is just ridiculous at this point. 

I think the fallout 4 timeline from announcement to release was beautiful but I doubt anything R* does will ever come close. They get off on the tease and the delays just add to it. We’ve all been around long enough that we’ve come to just anticipate it naturally, which is kind of just shitty all around. It makes us resent them for dumb reasons and it puts them a bad light for not being prepared. 

That being said, I get off on the tease too. Not gonna lie my favorite part of this is the speculation and the detective work. Whatever we get next week, I know they we are the ones that are going to rip it to shreds to find anything we can and I can’t wait to dive in. If you look at my history almost all of my posts are in pre release haha.

yea i hope it's a big info dump too, fitty... then i can put my delayed points to rest... but even then, leading up to release, they could delay it a few more months for finishing touches, that's always a possibility... i think what's probably worrying them is not RDR2, i bet that's pretty much done... it's RDRO, GTAO wasn't a very smooth drop, it's definitely the reason for the GTAV delay... and quite frankly, it should of waited another few months because it was practically unplayable for a while...

Man that was so long ago now I forgot how shitty it was all around. Honestly they have to be aware of the all around negative feedback from their core fans on gtao, and are hopefully tweaking rdro to meet at least some positive expectations. I dunno tho, there’s only so much you can do to keep from being grindy as fuck.

i don't recall, but there wasn't money online was there? did we build a bank account? and if we did, what the hell did we spend the money on? i thought we unlocked items, that'd be cool if they kept that concept, minus the prestige thing...

i dunno. i doubt it, pretty sure we're getting GTAO in RDRO... endless grind to unlock petty shit like hats and horses...

1 hour ago, CaPn bOnEs said:

i don't recall, but there wasn't money online was there? did we build a bank account? and if we did, what the hell did we spend the money on? i thought we unlocked items, that'd be cool if they kept that concept, minus the prestige thing...

i dunno. i doubt it, pretty sure we're getting GTAO in RDRO... endless grind to unlock petty shit like hats and horses...

IIRC, there was cash but you could only keep it during that session, it was a gauge like the player rating or whatever it is now, to see who the most active ppl in the lobby are. 

Everything was XP-based. You unlocked items by levelling up (through XP) but they were available to use after unlock. No purchasing.

RE: cash - from the RDR wikia:

Multiplayer

In  Multiplayer , money is used for two things, gambling with other players and how much XP you earn, though the only ways to obtain money in multiplayer is to complete challenges, kill enemies, and win at  Liar's Dice  or  Poker  against other players. (Note: If you gamble, and lose, you lose money)

yea, let's go with that system B)...

since RDR2 isn't going to offer up vast microtransaction moments like GTAO did (my opinion), my guess is they might focus more on single player DLC this time... we had a discussion about this yesterday in the PSN chat, but i feel like R* could make more money off single player DLC than they ever would with RDRO... GTAV sold 80m copies, even if RDR2 sells half that, it makes $1.6b at $40/game... toss in a few DLCs at $20/ea and you've got yourself more money than shark cards ever made for you...

keep RDRO pure with outfits and horses and new game modes... please leave shark cards out of it :)...

• Like 1

Replaying RDR at the moment.  Still a great game and the glitches are as much fun as the actual gameplay.  As stated in another topic, it's like playing a whole new game

I am also, disturbingly, imagining a growing list of possible microtransactions for their online model... 

• Like 1

i'll definitely fire up RDR this summer, as well as watch a handful of westerns to get into the mood B)...

3:10 to yuma (remake)

tombstone

the wild bunch

various eastwood films

blazing saddles

maybe true grit (remake)

maybe magnificent seven (remake)

i wonder if there'll be a karma system again... i feel like it's about time for rockstar to start talking more about the game... it's been about that "coming weeks" time they mentioned... or perhaps, they're feeling the pressure that it might need some more time and are working on another expensive expansion to GTAO to tide people over :lol:...

In the absence of a shit list...   almost sounds legit...  Summary below

• Online will feature battle royale (a la Fortnite), Revive and Survive (deathmatch where you can revive teammates) and Money Grab (capture)
  • Online - Frequent rewards will be handed out to players for completing certain tasks. These might range from traveling a certain distance to murdering an enemy using a bow from 100 metres away.
  • Online - Apartments from GTA Online will return in the form of tents which can be owned and upgraded by players.
  • Online - Free Events can also be organised outside of standard playlists like spontaneous treasure hunts and deathmatches.
  • Online - You will allegedly be able to partake in a variety of activities across the world of RDR2 such as gold-mining, fishing, herding and an assortment of weapon challenges.
  • Online - Vehicles in the game will include minecarts, handcarts and horse-drawn carriages. These come in different variants such as armoured and fast ones
  • Solo - Horsemanship challenges can be completed to increase your rider rank while dozens of different fish can be captured across the world.
  • Solo - Plants and herbs can be gathered for crafting purposes, with the document listing types including Clamshell, Ghost, Night Scented, Rat Tail and Spider Orchids.
  • Solo - You’ve also got fishing, which seems to be in-depth with a selection of baits and tackles available for purchase. You can even buy a can of worms
  • Solo - First person is available and Dead Eye makes a return with enhanced abilities including tracking bounties through fields and detecting which fish and animals are available nearby.
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/red-dead-redemption-2-leak-reveals-battle-royale-first-person-more-3388634

• Like 3

• Online will feature battle royale (a la Fortnite), Revive and Survive (deathmatch where you can revive teammates) and Money Grab (capture)

Plausable.

• Online - Frequent rewards will be handed out to players for completing certain tasks. These might range from traveling a certain distance to murdering an enemy using a bow from 100 metres away.

Kind of a duh.

• Online - Apartments from GTA Online will return in the form of tents which can be owned and upgraded by players.

I doubt this as far as tents. I would think they would use regular apartments in towns or "available rooms" for certain outposts. Like a farmer in the middle of nowhere will have a room rented out as a safehouse to players.

• Online - Free Events can also be organised outside of standard playlists like spontaneous treasure hunts and deathmatches.

They used this kind of wording for GTAO but that's not quite what it is.

• Online - You will allegedly be able to partake in a variety of activities across the world of RDR2 such as gold-mining, fishing, herding and an assortment of weapon challenges.

Duh.

• Online - Vehicles in the game will include minecarts, handcarts and horse-drawn carriages. These come in different variants such as armoured and fast ones

lol @ "fast ones". And h0w coems n0 trianz???

• Solo - Horsemanship challenges can be completed to increase your rider rank while dozens of different fish can be captured across the world.

Ok...

• Solo - Plants and herbs can be gathered for crafting purposes, with the document listing types including Clamshell, Ghost, Night Scented, Rat Tail and Spider Orchids.

RDR had this but not on a minecraft level. Only a few things were used to make even fewer things.

• Solo - You’ve also got fishing, which seems to be in-depth with a selection of baits and tackles available for purchase. You can even buy a can of worms

Even this I kind of doubt. Are they really going to put in a fishing simulator? I can see this as a one-off mission for someone - "if you catch x y z fish I'll help you". If it is a regular thing it will probably be very simple. Go to a certain area, use expensive bait, catch some fish. Rinse/repeat.

• Solo - First person is available and Dead Eye makes a return with enhanced abilities including tracking bounties through fields and detecting which fish and animals are available nearby.

The last part about bounties and fish seems off.

• Like 2

At least they're holding firm on the console release date, so far. 

Red Dead Redemption 2 will be available worldwide for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One systems on October 26, 2018.

I think the pose makes it very Marston-ish, harking back to the artwork for the previous game. But no, I doubt it is John.

Edited by ViceMan