Sign in to follow this  
gtagrl

iGTA MP Event - Dec. 08 (PS3)

2014-12-08igtabanner_zpsba6175a8.png

iGTA CREW NIGHT(PS3)

MON DEC 08 ~ 6 PM EST / 11 PM GMT

---

Join us for some multiplayer fun this Monday! We'll be playing Deathmatches, Captures, LTS's and Races created by our very own forum members... and then of course the usual Freeroam/Shenanigans before and afterwards, perhaps even missions when the numbers dwindle down a bit. It stops when we all go our separate ways, so stay as long as you like!

Take some photos and share them here! The more the merrier - shenanigans snaps FTR!

---

THEME:

TRACKSUITS

Thoughts:

The LUV52ROB epidemic has inspired this week's theme - tracksuits! Get your best wog look together, the greasier your Gino looks the better.

If you have a job you'd like added to the playlists, post a link here.

Dup - are you able to join us? If so, we'll start an hour earlier again.

---

The Jackals: (post here to join)

bOnEs

gtagrl

DiO

Mercy (maybe)

Weev

Rob

Ghostman

...and various friends of the crew who are usually down for iGTA night...

---

Past Events:

NOV 11 | NOV 18 | NOV 25 | DEC 02 | DEC 10 | DEC 16 | DEC 23

DEC 30 | JAN 06 | JAN 13 | JAN 20 | JAN 27 | FEB 03 | FEB 10

FEB 17 | FEB 24 | MAR 3 | MAR 10 | MAR 17 | MAR 24 | MAR 31

APR 07 | APR 14 | APR 21 | APR 28 | MAY 05 | MAY 13 | MAY 19

MAY 26 | JUN 02 | JUN 09 | JUN 16 | JUN 23 | JUN 30 | JUL 07

JUL 14 | JUL 21 | JUL 28 | AUG 04 | AUG 11 | AUG 18 | AUG 26

SEP 01 | SEP 08 | SEP 15 | SEP 22 | SEP 29 | OCT 06 | OCT 13

OCT 27 | NOV 03 | NOV 10 | NOV 17 | NOV 24 | DEC 01

• Like 1

Am I the only one that thought "wog" was a racist term towards black people?

I dunno as I'll be at this one or not. See how it goes

It's black people in the UK, Mediterranean people in Australia. It's not quite so offensive, in Australia. I don't find it offensive, in any context, because I am a glorious white god.

Yeah it's really not that bad here. Kind of on par with pom.

I'm a mongrel. Bits of this and that. Like most white aussies I guess.

Yeah, wog is very much a bad word in the UK you can get arrested for using it as well. The word is the short word for Gollywog which are characters from some stories that Enid Blyton wrote a long time ago. Then Robertson jam used them as mascot and for some reason it became an offensive word.

I meant it in the Aussie sense of "guido". Now I'm probably banned from the UK. I read a bunch of Enid Blyton books when I was a kid, but don't remember Gollywogs.

It's all Tracksuit Rob's fault.

• Like 1

I meant it in the Aussie sense of "guido". Now I'm probably banned from the UK. I read a bunch of Enid Blyton books when I was a kid, but don't remember Gollywogs.

It's all Tracksuit Rob's fault.

Yeah you won't find many books anymore. I think my grandmother still has a few. I wouldn't worry too much though it's amazing what terms mean in different countries. It's sad really us Brits use to have a stiff upper lip now we seem to take offence to everything.

tried making a capture with the bags inside a binco

the area was restricted. no go

therefor, fuck it

so done making jobs for themes. they always fuck up

• Like 1

...it's amazing what terms mean in different countries.

Fanny. :lol:

I remember the first time I heard the phrase "fanny pack". We call them "bum bags" in Australia (US "fanny" = Australia "bum") so imagine my confusion when I tried to figure out how and why you'd keep a bag in/near your vagina.

As Rob said, wog is fine here. After all, we have a movie called "The Wog Boy" and a stage show called "Wogs on Stage", though both were created by Australians of Greek descent. Like everything Australian, it's about context. "My mate's a wog" is perfectly fine. "That furry little wog" isn't so much :P

wog is offensive? you fucking wankers are all a bunch of wogs then...

@kuz - every time i start making a new job, something frustrates me with it and i give up :lol:... maybe i'll give it a go today too... might give me a chance to do that whole "character do-over" thing i was talking about with my main dude...