DuPz0r

Silent Hill (PT)

Some of you may have already played it... Some of you may/not have heard about it...

At GamesCom this year, Konami Announced and released an interactive, or as they put it "Playable Teaser" on PS4, which became downloadable on PSN that day. This teaser turned out to be a new Silent Hill game, which you find out if you manage to complete it. The guy in the trailer i assume is the protagonist turns out to resemble Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus) from the Walking Dead TV series.

Another tid bit to note, is the fact the Hideo Kojima is co-producing it with Guillermo del Toro. Here's the trailer from the end of the demo:

I'm probably not the only person that thought this, but i have a hunch about this game.

First of all, Silent Hill has always been a third person game (apart from sections of The Room), until this teaser... I know that first person games are clearly the most immersive kind, so it would make sense in a Silent Hill environment, it's scarier, i get it. So why now, and why on PS4? The Project Morpheus (PS4 VR headset) was announced earlier this year, and Silent Hill would be the perfect launch title, to get people buying the new technology. Imagine walking around dark corridors and foggy towns with creepy sounds around, and a 360degree (or close to that) view of your surroundings... It's certainly an impressive idea. Not only that, but using your mic to communicate within the VR environment, whether that's screaming at mutilated and contorted, animate creatures or used to lure poltergeists out of your direction of travel, it's something that surely makes VR even more immersive.

I'm certain this will be a VR supported game, if not, they'd be stupid not to.

img5884jpg-e31ba9_960w.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3vPX440pl0

Might as well use this as a Silent Hill thread, new and old. Discuss.

• Like 1

I've had a play with the demo (couldn't work it out properly though) and I would agree that the headset would work incredibly well... I couldn't play it though because I reckon I would have a heart attack... intensely creepy

Noooooope, I ain't playing that. I couldn't bring myself to play PT so I ended up watching a let's play video on YouTube. Outlast is going to be the last horror game I play.

Although, if Outlast becomes compatible with morpheus or oculus or whatever veearus headset, it'd be interesting to see how they handle the buzzsaw vs scrotum scene from the whistleblower DLC.

Fuck me, played that last night and almost shat myself. I knew I was entering a world of pain the minute I realized the whole demo just runs on circles, twilight zone right there.

• Like 1

Well fuck, Konami have canceled the silent hills project... after sacking Kojima (co-producer) last month and keeping him on as a temp until MGS5 is finished.

I know Kojima was basically rogue and was perceived as top dog at Konami. But lets face it, he was the person keeping the money rolling in for the company.

So yeah, Konami ended the contract to the silent hills director/developer Del Toro, and the main character's actor; Norman Reedus...

This game had shit loads of potential, and i loved the super atmospheric demo they created for it.

I would really like to know what went down at Konami HQ for them to first off, sack the lead writer/creator of their main cashcow, and then destroy the only other franchise that had potential in their list of games worth mentioning.

Maybe they're vlose to bankruptcy, ready to disolve if they don't make major cuts, that's the only reason i can think of. Maybe it was Kojima's crazy budgets that made them flop...