complixicata1

Independence Day Update (1.15)

Following in the footsteps of the I'm Not A Hipster thread, someone had to start this one. So why not me?

I'm home at present (scheduled day off work), so I'm currently all over this.

Seven new properties, and yes, they're all houses. Prices range from $118k to $155k. But bad luck if you have two 10-car garages that are full, only 2s and 6s feature here. I always wanted to have property in Blaine County, and I'm definitely eyeing up one of the two 6-doors in Paleto Bay.

You're going to have to shell out some serious coin if you want that Liberator monster truck though. $742014, ouch!!!!! Might just have to settle for the Sovereign, a more wallet friendly $120k.

I'm sure that others will comment on the clothing, tattoos and weapons, and most likely post Snapmatics et al. But the topic has been started now. Do your worst.

icon11.gif

wow, so it wasnt bullshit

new launcher doesn't do much damage but its hilarious. The monster truck is a pegasus vehicle. doesn't go in your garage. on the fence about getting it. the bike has to paint options so fuck that

and I'd have to get rid of 4 cars for those houses, so fuck those too.

actual_1404209868.jpg

actual_1404209878.jpg

actual_1404209887.jpg

actual_1404209896.jpg

actual_1404209905.jpg

...but that mullet tho, the perfect redneck haircut for you ;)... yea, i am on the fence about the liberator, and the bike still sounds cool to me so i'll consider it... the clothes and fireworks are what i am looking forward to actually...

icon11.gif

they're pretty cool. got the mullet.

I'd get the liberator if i was american. probably the bike too.

can't swap character. errors. just like everytime an update comes out.

ohh :(... well then, i guess there's really not much to get excited about except for two of my characters having houses in the country now... how's the fireworks? they look kind of shitty in the few pics i've seen already :lol:...

Firework rocket launcher is weak. Took five shots to destroy a car (was firing a sixth, but the car exploded before it landed). The Liberator is fun, but definitely not worth the price. Musket is powerful, but it's a single-shot, of course, so it's not really worth it.

That's what I tested in singleplayer (no way was I going to shell out $750k for a test drive online), heading online now.

icon11.gif

the launcher is for show. its literally a firework launcher. doesn't do much damage. you can shoot at your feet, you will catch fire and lose half your health. its hilarious. a musket only death match would be interesting

might look weird in pics cause they're stationary. but its pretty cool

i acutally havent used one of the inventory ones yet. just the launcher.

anyone gonna buy a new house? I really want to see the interior

I can finally live in Sandy Shores, but I have to narrow my cars down to 8 to do so. I already dropped from 20 to 12 when the hipster update came out.

This update is just pissing me off. The hipster update gave me fun new shit, this update is giving me digital life choices.

• Like 3

i just don't understand why they're limited releases and not available forever... there should be fireworks unlocked forever now... the liberator should be available for purchase forever... same with the roosevelt, etc... it's kind of dumb to do it this way, but i guess it's to get people to buy them shark cards so they can get all the new stuff before it's gone!!

I just noticed they "fixed" it so you can't take a snapmatic of your character stealing a vehicle. That was such an important thing to fix.

edit: The view from the ferris wheel sucks. You either get an overall view of the pier or a first person view that keeps trying to look whichever way your character is facing (you have no control of the direction they face). The roller coaster has views similar to vehicles included cinematic. You can raise your hands but there isn't any real drop or speed for that matter. It's just two helix loops.

Not worth $10 each. No snapmatics either. Bullshit.

you can't take a pic of your character walking towards his vehicle??! what the fuck was the harm in that?! great, there goes all those cool low shots that you can't pull off anymore... can't take pics drunk or high either, didn't know what the harm was in that... but that's bullshit, come on, rockstar... quit ruining your game!!

• Like 1

The house I've now bought in Paleto Bay is just a stopgap, I have 14 vehicles at present, and I wouldn't have sacrificed any if I had more than 16.

As Massacre alluded to earlier, the interiors are exactly the same, very disappointing.

I keep forgetting that you can road test the new vehicles in single player. Still, the price tag of that Liberator has put me right off, so I'll just settle for doing damage in it as Franklin. Another test will make me determine whether or not to buy the bike.

Got to give it up for the musket though. As good as useless, fires only one bullet per reload. But at least it looks cool.

icon11.gif

Apparently passive mode in GTAO doesn't mean shit now either. Some 12 year old shot me with a musket while I was sitting in my truck outside Ammu-nation. Rockstar fucked this update.

passive mode never worked while inside vehicles because you can run people over