gamingneeds

$1B Bounty?

I've heard guys talking on bluetooth a few times now about people that put ridiculous bounties on peoples' heads...

How are they doing this? As far as I know, the max bounty is $10k, right?

I just witnessed someone have a bounty placed on them. The price literally extended halfway across my screen. Shortly afterwards, I was given a hefty sum of cash. I proceeded to poop myself a little and leave the game.

I don't know what to do next.

Now you've made me think of an in-game lottery where you buy your tickets from a newsagent or somewhere and on a certain day in-game the draw takes place. The obvious catch... you can try to rig the lottery but it involves a series of puzzles, break ins, etc. ie. possible but fucking hard to do.

I don't know, just a thought.

• Like 2

I had another guy set a bounty on me of $60452562 so instead of risking it I just let some other guy take the bounty, he seemed a little overjoyed to say the least. Poor guy doesn't know what hes gotten himself into.

Good...It looks like I'm not the only one. I have seen those great big bounties a few times. But I somehow hit a major lottery...I did the Pot Shot mission and got $7000. I went to bank it and next thing I know there was $55Million in my account. I quickly banked it. Went home to my garage and pimped the ever livin crap out of every vehicle I had and loaded every gun I had to the max.

I am thinking that at some point it might be taken away from me...but wow....what a score. I only hope that if they take all this mystery money back, at least don't take what I had to start with (about $3 million)

i hope i get the $1B bounty one day... then i'll bounce back and forth between public lobbies hearing the kids on the mics begging me to come out of my apartment so they can collect it... i would enjoy seeing myself survive the bounty and hearing all the pissed off kids :D...

• Like 1

It sounds like this hacking plague is spreading, all i'm reading about is people getting billions gifted to them and now this. Haven't played in a few weeks, don't think i'll bother coming back any time soon.

I just got a $2billion bounty on me, survived it...... but now it's kinda pointless doing anything, its taken all the worth out of everything.

I'm trying to give it away, but it says "you are currently unable to give cash to other player"

Also if i give out that much then R* might think i'm a modder and ban me

I just got a $2billion bounty on me, survived it...... but now it's kinda pointless doing anything, its taken all the worth out of everything.

I'm trying to give it away, but it says "you are currently unable to give cash to other player"

You could ditch it into another character and leave it there, that's if you have the will to walk away from it all. I didn't and bought a crew Shamal and left myself 20k before I dumped it.

You could ditch it into another character and leave it there, that's if you have the will to walk away from it all. I didn't and bought a crew Shamal and left myself 20k before I dumped it.

Good Idea, If I dump it into the pockets of a second character, then delete him, will that get rid of it all?

I've already bought every single Boat/Helicopter/plane/army Vehicle to try and get rid of it but I still have over $2 Billion left.

Besides, my stats on social club are all messed up now, saying I've earned $2 Billion from jobs, I might just have to create a new PSN Name.

Good Idea, If I dump it into the pockets of a second character, then delete him, will that get rid of it all?

I've already bought every single Boat/Helicopter/plane/army Vehicle to try and get rid of it but I still have over $2 Billion left.

Besides, my stats on social club are all messed up now, saying I've earned $2 Billion from jobs, I might just have to create a new PSN Name.

From what I've heard sometimes deleting the character will deposit its money back into the others account, sometimes it doesn't. You could try it but if it doesn't work just leave it on the second character slot and ignore it.

• Like 1

Your right, The money was put back in the bank after I deleted the second character. I've tried it again, I've got the money in the second characters "pockets" and left it like that, so at least when i'm playing my main character I can't actually see the money.

However my stats on social club are still messed up, claiming I have earned $2 Billion from missions. I've Emailed R* asking them to remove the money and reset my stats to reflect my actual progress if possible.

Oh I give up, just shot a bounty thinking 9k nope 2b. Another email to rockstar but I ain't creating a second character anymore they can come and collect when ready. It's annoying as I am good at hunting bounties and I even troll for them and 9k is more than enough. I even know when they are driving their personal car.