Qdeathstar

Random Thot Thread

Everything MrMister said is absolutely true. I for one hate the way GTAO works. ..

But on the other hand i play it every week. This is for crew nights of course, and if it wasnt for that, i would have given up on GTAO a long time ago. As a crew we try to help each other make money as efficiently as possible, even if it does mean we take advantage of another stupid glitch or grind the easiest money makers. 

But then it comes down to the big question... Is the game fun? And the answers i come to is: Cheating to get money to buy everything? Not fun.

Grinding to earn the items in-game? Fun for half an hour, then not fun.

Buying a sharkcard to get the items? Instant regret, no fun.

So the only thing keeping me playing is creating content for crew nights, and taking part in the themes. Just the social aspects of the crew really.

I downloaded GTA:SA the other day on PS4 and i've been having so much more fun replaying tham that i have with the latest GTAO DLC... these DLC's are shallow and careless. I mean one car and all it's mods and coding could be created by their team in just a day... it's just not worth the wait. 

I'm hanging on the the idea that GTAO is only being handled my a very small team whilst they are working on a new full sized game inbthe background.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Ginginho said:

A lot of my dissatisfaction with the game is my own fault as I am not a social player and I am just not good enough for PvP games.

You remind me of myself so much it's spooky.

Crew nights are fun, but I can rarely join.

I'd be content with occasional DLC providing a handful of solo missions. I don't need an entire new campaign, and I certainly don't care about money or XP. Just a bit of monkeying around without having to coordinate schedules with friends or suffer through randoms. I know, I'm high maintenance.

Edited by MrMister81
Plural. Hrumph.
  • Like 1

Yeah it's definitely not enjoyable, i'm another lone gamer who really can't be bothered to be "good" at the game, it takes far too much effort to be good and it simply isn't fun. I usually play in invite only sessions by myself or sometimes in public lobbies where I try to avoid getting into some random fuckfest of a deathmatch like the old days of GTA IV online that involes constantly killing someone, being killed by them, respawning and killing them again.

9 times out of 10 if you so much as enter an aircraft some cunt will fly halfway across the map in their Hydra to blow you out the sky, I guess they find it fun being wing commander twatface and controlling the skies... I honestly think the Hydra was the worst thing to happen to Online, especially since you can call one up for $200 is ridiculous, the cost should be at least $100,000.

The mission payouts are pitiful and the cars are so ridiculously overpriced, of course we all know the reason why that is, but it doesn't make it any less annoying.

I guess a lot of the problems stem from the player base; I have honestly seen less hostility while playing Rust, a game notorious for its KOS attitudes. But that's what you get when 13yo kiddies play and think they're cool and gangsta just because they drive up to you in an armoured Kuruma and blow your brains out, then proceed to chase you around the map till they get bored because you're not shooting back and move on to someone else.

That being said the only fun I can have in online is cowering in my apartment watching other players on the TV, racing around shooting each other up, flopping off of their bikes at high speeds and generally being laggy, screechy-voiced pricks. Again, Tuesdays and Saturdays are the only evenings i'm not around, otherwise i'd play with y'all despite refusing to get a mic, perhaps iGTA needs its own antisocial sub-crew.

• Like 2

Hey Vicey, we started doing iGTA pre-night sessions recently, mostly for the British and Dozy. So there's no reason why we can't try and sort out another day.

Maybe an iGTA - Chill Night for people that just want to mess around in freemode doing some of the co-op VIP missions and all that, if playlists aren't your thing?

Lots of loading screens can be tiresome, doing jobs by yourself in an invite only session is ok because the loads are negligible... but doing Trash Talk repeatedly is getting boring, so yeah just an easy way to make money really.  I'm on the grind to getting an FMJ, currently sitting at around 700k, almost half way, almost...

One good thing about one of the latest updates is that it has opened up a whole list of contact missions I never knew I hadn't done...  now, how many can I do in my buzzard??

(Not really on the subject of random thot's but never mind.)

I recently tried registering as a VIP for the first time; turns out some of those missions pay really good, better than Trash Talk (which is the best paying mission AFAIK,) plus there's no loading screens to worry about as it's all done in the free roam. Since I have a buzzard I can request one for free from Securoserve and it spawns right behind me. The missions are pretty easy, just blowing up targets and collecting briefcases - get 22-24k just for those. I've been doing them for a while now and my income has really skyrocketed, I easily got to 2mil and bought an FMJ.

One word of warning, always make sure you earn an extra mil than the cost of the thing you wanna buy, otherwise you won't be able to register as  a VIP again when your time runs out.

The only downside is you get 4 hours of VIP time, once that's up you have to wait 12 real hours to register again, apart from that it's win-win. Just make sure you're in an invite only session.

Oh and if you log out of Online your VIP time doesn't decrease, it'll stay at what it was.

Other tings to note:

-You need 1 mil to become a VIP but the money is not removed from your account.

-If you have multiple characters you can register as a VIP with them if your primary character is still in the 12 hour cooldown period, given that cash is shared across characters just make sure you always have => 1mil.

-Sightseer and Headhunter are the best missions to do, although Hostile takeover and selecting LSIA is pretty easy with a Buzzard.

-The Buzzard you can call for from the VIP vehicles menu is separate from your Pegasus Buzzard - meaning you can potentially call both. If you have the Securoserve Buzzard and it gets too damaged just call up Pegasus and request another rather than wait 4 mins for the Securoserve timer to cool down. Just alternate between the two as needed.

Edited by ViceMan
Fuck Pieface (who?) And Ast (also who?)

Thanks again, Vicey....  this method makes grinding less grindy...  alternating the VIP missions with contact missions is a lot more fun...

To add to the above, doing a contact mission while you are a VIP winds down the job cooldown period but doesn't come off the 4 hour VIP timer...

My session yesterday ended well when I got my daily challenges done ($25k), sold a gang Peyote ($13k), walked straight out of the garage and lucked on a car Simeon wanted ($12k) - $50,000 in less than 10 minutes...

Now I need something to buy...

EDIT: Just saw the Grotti X80 Proto has dropped... ugly as sin but real nice to drive... is it worth $2.7m though?

Edited by Ginginho

8 hours ago, Ginginho said:

is it worth $2.7m though?

No, none of the cars added in the DLC packs are worth their price. Prices have been getting silly since the Osiris and T20, anything over 1 million isn't worth it at all - will that stop me buying one? Probably not. By the time i've saved up 2.7mil i'll see if every other motherfucker in a session has one, if they do I won't get one - I can imagine everyone will have one though.

R* have fashioned a nice microcosm of society in GTAO - the corrupt cheaters and those with rich parents to buy everything for them get all the nice toys while those who have to legitimately grind their arses off for a pittance get fuck all. I think this was their master plan and one big in-joke.

pretty cool of rockstar to give my other crew some love of our 2 year anniversary on their newswire... a crew full of various other minds and celebs within the GTAO community B)...  we're just a crew of misfits, snap artists, freeroam warriors, that seem to fit well together... the biker theme was my idea, BTW :D... turned out to be a fun event, i even got a shoutout on the R* website for some snaps related to the event...

this was always a crew for a place to step away from our main crews... most of us are more prominent in other crews, but as a whole, we make up the genuine elites when we get together... cool to see rockstar recognize that... now if only we can get them to notice iGTA like that :whistle::lol:...

• Like 1

Rockstar should notice that shit. The main organizer for the crew of the best GTA community to ever plague the internet takes a GTA hiatus? What else do they need to realize GTAO is pure ass? 

The last couple of times I have got online, I get a message saying they are giving me money.  I got $400k for just logging in last night - the last time I went online, I think I got $200k.  Is this some sort of promotion or is it just because I haven't been online for ages and they are covering inflation?

• Like 1

if you're account is signed up to receive newsletters, you are automatically entered into a raffle for free random cash... i've gotten it a couple of times, but not in a long while, it's almost as if they've seen my bank account :shifty:...