gmt

(franklin's) garage not keeping cars?

so... has anyone seen this yet?

I'm missing like the 3rd or 4th car from franklin's garage at his home now.

no problem yet with michael's garage tho so I wonder if this is a franklin exclusive?

further, the cars concerned didn't show up at the impound so I consider them a goner...

on a sidenote, one of the now missing cars once turned up twice ingame, an instance in the garage and the other parked across the street... I think there's some weird voodoo shit going on with this garage...

I haven't lost any cars from my garages, but I did lose my orange and cream Vapid Dominator (which I couldn't get a picture of) when

Franklin was moved to the house in Vinewood. They said they were moving his stuff, but when I looked in the new garage, it was empty. I checked back at his old house, but the garage was locked. :(

I think the general consensus at the moment would be to not bother customizing anything outside of the character vehicles until the problem is solved and/or patched.

so far I only had this problem with franklin's garage.

michael's seem to work fine for me even tho ppl report the same phenomenon here.

across the internet, this seem to be a maybe thing, some have this problem, others don't.

consensus is to use the garage that comes with the se/ce or can be bought.

also, the downloadable manual "app" says the following:

To purchase cars, they must first own a garage (skipping boats and planes). If an owned vehicle is destroyed it will reappear at any residential property that the character owns with a garage (note that this does not include safe houses). (skipping impound lot and ls customs) Once a character has customized a car, he will take ownership.

first of all, why do I take ownership of a car that basically goes up on plain air right on my fucking private property??

and second, mind the bullshit part about cars and savehouses. dafuq? what point does a garage at a savehouse have if it is only semi-functional and basically eats cars?

I really hope R* reconsiders this idea and patches it out of the game so that the safehouse garages work just the way one would expect it.

Some cars are so damn rare, for example I haven't seen a Sabre GT or a Karin Rebel for my whole playtime yet.

Then if you find such a rare car and it disappears, that's so frustrating.

Buying cars online doesn't really help, I bought a Vigero and lost it when cops shot me while I was driving it. Never showed up at the impound.

lol another bad thing garages: I parked trevors pickup in his garage. next time i got there n tried to pick it up: bam, car's toasted. like blown up and burned out to the bones inside the garage toasted.

i put a cop car in michals garage and when i came back it was gone but i thought it was his wife since she told me to get rid

I just happened to pass by trevors house on a sidemission as I heard an explosion. guess what, his pickup blew up again and got sort of tossed ouf of the garage. I drove back and took a picture with snapmatic but I have no idea how to access them

EDIT: at least the pickup ain't stuck in the garage anymore... maybe the bullhorns on the roof were to high thus leading to this glitch

I've had some cars go missing from Franklin's but if you join the Rockstart Social Club, they unlock a garage, the "Grove Street Garage", you can store about 4 cars in there. If you drive them in there banged up a bit, they magically get repaired while you're gone. :)

• Like 1

lol wtf. The 2 cars that disappeared from Franklin's safehouse garage 2 days ago just reappeared today. One of them still had it's modifications as well. I hadn't put anything in the garage after they had gone. So I suggest to people who lose cars to not put anything in the garage after they have disappeared, as they might reappear at a later point.

what's also completely against any logical thinking is the different intel you get.

on the one hand, the "tooltip" introducing a new safehouse explicitely says that you can safe vehicles in the garage while the manual says any garage works EXCEPT the safehouse garages... thanks R* for this hickup...

what's also completely against any logical thinking is the different intel you get.

on the one hand, the "tooltip" introducing a new safehouse explicitely says that you can safe vehicles in the garage while the manual says any garage works EXCEPT the safehouse garages... thanks R* for this hickup...

I put a car in Franklin's safehouse garage and his game assigned car outside next to the house and it stayed there. I think the first time I lost the saved car was because I left Franklins personal car somehere else and on the next game re-start, it returned it to the garage which means the one I saved went poof. Just my theory :)

I'm just spitballing here, but could the disappearing-car issues be related to the Social Club problems? We know that the iFruit app allows you to customize cars and have them delivered in-game, which means at least part of the car ownership mechanism lives in the cloud. And we know the Social Club web services have been hit or miss since day one, mostly miss.

I realize it sounds ridiculous, but it would potentially explain the sporadic nature of the problem - sometimes my car disappears, sometimes it doesn't, sometime it reappears days later at the impound or in my garage.

• Like 2

I'm just spitballing here, but could the disappearing-car issues be related to the Social Club problems? We know that the iFruit app allows you to customize cars and have them delivered in-game, which means at least part of the car ownership mechanism lives in the cloud. And we know the Social Club web services have been hit or miss since day one, mostly miss. I realize it sounds ridiculous, but it would potentially explain the sporadic nature of the problem - sometimes my car disappears, sometimes it doesn't, sometime it reappears days later at the impound or in my garage.

not a bad theory. there but i don't think it would have such a profound effect as this.

personaly not had a problem with cars going missing from a garage, other than a car for what ever reason, teleporting from the garage to outside as if i parked it there

Hey guys,

i have this bug (that a lot of people seem to have due to google) where the cars dont (always) get impounded after a mission is started. This really annoys me. So i was thinking maybe its because the cars in the garage have to sync to the internet (for the app for example) so i was wondering what is your experience and do you use the app?

Edited by gtagrl
/merged

icon11.gif

bought a car as trevor. lost it. i dont see it back yet.

how the fuck is buying cars supposed to work?

on;y car that comes back is the one you "own" at the beginning of the game

I thought the issue was due to having multiple game saves. I lost cars from both Michael and Franklin's house's. So i restarted, deleted all game saves from the GTA5 file and haven't suffered from that problem again......yet.

This was also a problem that i suffered with in previous GTA's.

store cars you don't want to lose in the warehouse garages each character has... crap, i really hope i didn't lose the car i stored at franklin's safehouse last night, it's a one of a kind i got for finishing a collectibles job... i don't think there's room in his warehouse garage, unless it shows up on the list and not physically in the garage itself...

but yea, i've had the same issues with all safehouse garages except for trevor's...

This is getting soo confusing... yesterday I had a tuned 9F and a tuned Sentinel XS in Franklin's garage.

I took the XS for a ride, and when I came back, the 9F was gone.

So I thought "ok screw it, get another car" - stored a Buccaneer instead.

Today I load my save playing as Michael, switch to Franklin, go to his house and...

the 9F is back, Buccaneer and XS are gone. :no:

I give up lol.