#21 Schlobbing Goblin

Some Fucker

• Gold Member
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

Posted Image

i got the twinkle tip.

bought stocks with mike and frank

sold earlier with frank. made 6k with a 20 grand investment.

invested 30k with mike. waited longer. the stock was -100%. it did go way up after the tip. but that didnt last long. im just holding on to it. it will eventually go up again

#22 theantidavis

Upstanding Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

Buy betapharmacuticals and keep them until the end of the game. You can thank me later.

#23 gmt

Scalawag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:37 AM

I was able to access bawsaq once but never again thereafter... weird.

anyways, does someone know whether the stocks actually pay a dividend or if it's only possible to cash in from trading?

#24 BlackSox9

Neutral

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

Yeah there is no dividend, which is weird.

It would of made them a viable alternative to Real Estate/ Businesses.

#25 Indy

Cleaner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

When you're doing missions for Lester with Franklin, he will tell you which companies are going to be affected following your actions (or rather assassinations).

If you want to know which companies to invest in following which mission:
Spoiler

#26 gmt

Scalawag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

any idea why I can't access bawsaq anymore whatsoever?
whenever I access it I get a down for maintenance error.

nevermind, looks like the auto-login option for psn was turned off, that's why I wasn't able to do so all the time

#27 SpittyTheDude

Scam Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:09 AM

View PostIndy, on 20 September 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

When you're doing missions for Lester with Franklin, he will tell you which companies are going to be affected following your actions (or rather assassinations).

If you want to know which companies to invest in following which mission:
Spoiler

Thanks to your post, I gained
8.3 mil.$ from Fruit and 33.9 mil.$ from Gold Coast. :D
I sold the Fruit shares too early, It's hard to tell how much further it goes up before it drops.

#28 Rayge

'English motherfucker, do you speak it?'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostSpittyTheDude, on 22 September 2013 - 05:09 AM, said:

View PostIndy, on 20 September 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

When you're doing missions for Lester with Franklin, he will tell you which companies are going to be affected following your actions (or rather assassinations). If you want to know which companies to invest in following which mission:
Spoiler
Thanks to your post, I gained 8.3 mil.$ from Fruit and 33.9 mil.$ from Gold Coast. :D I sold the Fruit shares too early, It's hard to tell how much further it goes up before it drops.

I usually wait until it hits 50%, then cruise around monitoring it until I notice a drop. For me, Betapharmaceuticals went up to 80.7% before it dropped to 80.5%, which is when I sold them.

#29 BlackSox9

Neutral

• Members
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

Here's an interesting video from someone who's done their homework on making money in the stock market.

Remember to hold down the "+" button when buying stock ( makes the whole process a lot faster ).

My advice is that once you have at least $100,000, go and invest all of it in a company which is fluctuating a lot ( with at least a 100-400% drop in value ). I did this with Radio Los Santos, and bought it at $3.50. And then sold it about a week later at $7.20, for a 120% return on my investment ( a $120,000 profit ). Then once you have the larger amount of money ( now $220 000 ), reinvest it in another company, using the same method as before ( looking for massive fluctuations ).

If you can get your "Net Worth" for each character to at least $1,000,000 each, before any heists, and then do all of the Assassination Missions towards the end of the game ( to maximise the amount of money available for investing ). You will then be well on your way to having enough money for the expensive end-game businesses and toys ( don't forget to invest in the right companies after the Assassination Missions ).

And remember that the Golf Course costs $150 Million, so you will be needing a lot of money by the end of the game. And not just to buy properties, but for vehicles ( like the Rhino/ Buzzard ) and such as well.

#30 gmt

Scalawag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

it occurs to me that, after the lifeinvader crash, the more often you access lifeinvader ingame, the more the stock rises... just tried it for a couple of minutes, and the stock was up by 0.1x the first time I tried it and is now 0.31 and continues to go up everytime I access it... only small steps of about 0.05 that is but it sort of looks like to work for now, no need to switch chars either... just access and leave the site over and over

#31 SpittyTheDude

Scam Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

Animal Ark is a good investment, mine went up for about 13.4%. I bought right after the drop.
Bank of Liberty was kind of rising and falling all the time but I could manage to get 4% gain.

There is one thing that I don't understand, maybe someone can explain it to me.
When you look at the graph, it says "sales last week" or something, does that mean the ingame week or realtime week?
I ask this simply because the price for one share never went up that high as the graph is showing.
For example you buy stock at 12$ a share, it says minimum was 11,50$ and highest was 27$, but it never rises that high.

#32 shabbagaz

Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

Which ones are the best/easiest to invest in with regards to you having an effect on the stock market value? (i.e. investing in one company then attacking the vans etc of its rival).

For example, I've tried to invest in TacoBomb then attack the trucks & staff at the Cluckin' Bell factory but I can't get a real 'good' go at it as the cops soon arrive on the scene...

#33 MainEvent

Do Boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

I don't understand stock exchange in real life, I don't understand it in GTA V. Call me stupid, it's just too difficult to me. Always failed math and economics in college, that might have something to do with it.

Until I find some more information or a tutorial on how to do it in the game, I won't mess around with it too much. I want to spend my money on property, cars, planes, weapons and clothes for now. Might try to do some investing during my second play through, which is probably going to start very soon after my first one :whistle:

#34 BlackSox9

Neutral

• Members
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

@MainEvent. It's simple really.

All you have to do is buy low and sell high ( just like it says in the game ). Except that the Stock Exchange in the game is better than any real-life counterpart, in that companies never go bankrupt, so if you wait long enough you will always make money ( you can't lose ).

Some Missions ( like the Assassination Missions ) influence the market, and even doing some things while Free-Roaming can have an affect on stock prices as well. Like for instance blowing up Businesses Trucks/ Planes, or killing their employees and then investing in Rival Companies.

Most of the Companies have a Major Rival. Some examples are ~

*Bean Machine - Cool Beans
*Burger Shot - Up-An-Atom
*Taco Bomb - Clucking Bell
*Air Emu - Fly US
*Bank of Liberty - MazeBank
*GoPostal - Post OP
etc...

So if you screw around with one company it will positively affect the other. For instance blowing up a few "GoPostal" Vans with an RPG will improve the stock-value of "Post OP". Or using some Sticky Bombs to blow up some "Fly US" Planes at the Airport will raise the share-price of Air Emu.

#35 Schlobbing Goblin

Some Fucker

• Gold Member
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

Posted Image

So there was a topic i made for this but i figure theres no point in having 2 stock market topics. heres my idea

Stock Market Pools

View PostDiO WiNs, on 21 September 2013 - 02:04 AM, said:

Posted Image

Had an idea, they did this back in the day. it kinda cause a stock market crash. but anyways....

we talk where and all go in buying the same stocks. Pick one that is low. We all buy at the same time and raise it up. shortly after that, sell. Co-ordinate things here. I think it could work. Depends on how many people it takes to really drive one up. but we could make a small raise im sure. and others will catch on to it. its worth a shot.

it was down the other day but seems to be in order, so we should give this a shot. i dont have a lot of money right now so i really cant help yet.

#36 -Hussain-

Bully

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

View PostBlackSox9, on 23 September 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

@MainEvent. It's simple really. All you have to do is buy low and sell high ( just like it says in the game ). Except that the Stock Exchange in the game is better than any real-life counterpart, in that companies never go bankrupt, so if you wait long enough you will always make money ( you can't lose ). Some Missions ( like the Assassination Missions ) influence the market, and even doing some things while Free-Roaming can have an affect on stock prices as well. Like for instance blowing up Businesses Trucks/ Planes, or killing their employees and then investing in Rival Companies. Most of the Companies have a Major Rival. Some examples are ~ *Bean Machine - Cool Beans *Burger Shot - Up-An-Atom *Taco Bomb - Clucking Bell *Air Emu - Fly US *Bank of Liberty - MazeBank *GoPostal - Post OP etc... So if you screw around with one company it will positively affect the other. For instance blowing up a few "GoPostal" Vans with an RPG will improve the stock-value of "Post OP". Or using some Sticky Bombs to blow up some "Fly US" Planes at the Airport will raise the share-price of Air Emu.

I've completed the main game - maybe I haven't been playing long enough but where do you actually find the stuff to attack the rival company.
Burger Shot can't be entered so I can't rob them.

#37 BlackSox9

Neutral

• Members
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

View Post_Hussain_, on 23 September 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

I've completed the main game - maybe I haven't been playing long enough but where do you actually find the stuff to attack the rival company.
Burger Shot can't be entered so I can't rob them.

You can see Ecola/ GoPostal Trucks driving around every now and then, and there are a ton of Fly US planes at LS Airport.

Also go to the industrial area in south Los Santos and you will see plenty of vehicles with company names all over them ( sometimes in groups of 4 or more ).

And some companies have Headquarters ( just like Life-Invader ), so if you go there, you can go on a rampage killing their employees ( which should affect their Stock Price ).

#38 Rob

Needs more Bacon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:17 AM

View PostDiO WiNs, on 23 September 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

Posted Image

So there was a topic i made for this but i figure theres no point in having 2 stock market topics. heres my idea

Stock Market Pools

View PostDiO WiNs, on 21 September 2013 - 02:04 AM, said:

Posted Image

Had an idea, they did this back in the day. it kinda cause a stock market crash. but anyways....

we talk where and all go in buying the same stocks. Pick one that is low. We all buy at the same time and raise it up. shortly after that, sell. Co-ordinate things here. I think it could work. Depends on how many people it takes to really drive one up. but we could make a small raise im sure. and others will catch on to it. its worth a shot.

it was down the other day but seems to be in order, so we should give this a shot. i dont have a lot of money right now so i really cant help yet.

I'm in. Do you have a company in mind.

#39 Schlobbing Goblin

Some Fucker

• Gold Member
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:32 AM

Posted Image

naw. im hoping someone people far in the game give it a shot. ill let them pick. i cant invest much yet. only like 80 grand. might do something but if we got someone with millions to try it, it would be safer

#40 Rob

Needs more Bacon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:12 AM

I only have about 1.7 mil across all three.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users