Sign in to follow this  
JamieMilne

Random Events - Spoilers!

Not sure how many there are, but I've ran into a few. One specific to note could earn you some big cash.

Trevor:

Driving around Palma Springs, heading towards the south, i get to the bridge that goes over the top river, and just before i go across i see a dirt track to the left with about 5 or 6 cars. So i went to check it out. I got over there and there were dead/dying people scattered around. Must have been a drug deal gone wrong. So i pick up the cash from the floor just behind the initial congregation, which was sort of half guarded by a dying guy (who dies upon approach) and drive off. down the river. I get attacked by a small group on bikes but they're easy enough to deal with.

And there you go, easy money. That bought me my hanger!

Post any more that you come across.

The SC checklist shows:

Missions /69

Hobbies and Pastimes /42

Strangers and Freaks /20

Random Events /14

Misc /16

Edited by gtagrl
/merged Jamie and Dupz topics

When I finally realized that was

Packie

I was giving a ride to I had the biggest smile on my face. The dialogue was brilliant, especially since his partner didn't believe a word he was saying about his past.

Look forward to more encounters later in the game. Going to be some intense missions for sure.

This was pretty interesting and pretty funny as well. Big $$ to be earned this way.

Franklin:

Once I was coolin' and shit, when I noticed a gruppe 6 vehicle, marked by a little blip on the map. Got some info on how it was a random event, so I drove up, got out of my car and walked to the armored truck wondering what I had to do. Next thing I know, there are 2 guards blasting me. Naturally, I wasted them and picked up 5 Gs, which was quite a lot considering I had only made $250 from missions at that point.

I

Not sure how many there are, but I've ran into a few. One specific to note could earn you some big cash. Trevor:

Driving around Palma Springs, heading towards the south, i get to the bridge that goes over the top river, and just before i go across i see a dirt track to the left with about 5 or 6 cars. So i went to check it out. I got over there and there were dead/dying people scattered around. Must have been a drug deal gone wrong. So i pick up the cash from the floor just behind the initial congregation, which was sort of half guarded by a dying guy (who dies upon approach) and drive off. down the river. I get attacked by a small group on bikes but they're easy enough to deal with. And there you go, easy money. That bought me my hanger!

I encountered another well paying random event earlier. North of Paleto bay, east of Franklin's "?" mission.

The take is around $60'000 if my memory serves.

Not sure how many there are, but I've ran into a few. One specific to note could earn you some big cash. Trevor:

Driving around Palma Springs, heading towards the south, i get to the bridge that goes over the top river, and just before i go across i see a dirt track to the left with about 5 or 6 cars. So i went to check it out. I got over there and there were dead/dying people scattered around. Must have been a drug deal gone wrong. So i pick up the cash from the floor just behind the initial congregation, which was sort of half guarded by a dying guy (who dies upon approach) and drive off. down the river. I get attacked by a small group on bikes but they're easy enough to deal with. And there you go, easy money. That bought me my hanger!

I did this too, was pretty epic. Easy cash ftw.

done an enjoyable unexpected random event today.

driving randomly and happened to accidentally drive into one of the construction yards in the city. when a cinematic scene took over, showing a guy in a phone while sitting in his truck.

it switched to a view of the crane holding some heavy pipes as the cable snapped dropping said pipes on the truck which becomes a time bomb and the pipes trapped the man inside

so i jumped into the bulldozer (at the poor mans request) and moved the pipes out the way so he could get out, queing another cinematic of the man thanking micheal as the truck explodes

i knew about the muggings and stuff but this was cool because i didn't expect it

done an enjoyable unexpected random event today.

driving randomly and happened to accidentally drive into one of the construction yards in the city. when a cinematic scene took over, showing a guy in a phone while sitting in his truck. it switched to a view of the crane holding some heavy pipes as the cable snapped dropping said pipes on the truck which becomes a time bomb and the pipes trapped the man inside so i jumped into the bulldozer (at the poor mans request) and moved the pipes out the way so he could get out, queing another cinematic of the man thanking micheal as the truck explodes

i knew about the muggings and stuff but this was cool because i didn't expect it

I did this as Trevor, some reason good deeds are hilarious as him.

Ya know I think this is random. My friend got 50k. Another friend only got 25k. I am pretty positive I got 250k... because I bought an asset straight after that.

Ya know I think this is random. My friend got 50k. Another friend only got 25k. I am pretty positive I got 250k... because I bought an asset straight after that.

Yeah, I only got 25k for the same one.

It was pretty early on though so It was a nice sum when I only had a couple of thousand.

I got $250 k then later on I got $20k on something very similar, there are more than one.

...was it the scene i posted in the snapmatic thread? the one resembling the opening scene for no country for old men? i only got $25K i believe... i can't remember the exact number but it wasn't anything astronomical like $250K...

Does anyone know if the checklist map on Rockstar Social Club is 100% accurate?

I am trying to rustle up enough hitchhikers to take to the Altruists - I have done 2 and I can see 2 more on the SC map but I am sure I have already done one of them....

Or if I don't have enough hitchhikers to trigger the finale, can I just shoot the fuckers up anyway?