There is a large amount of visible damage you can do to your car. Everything about the damage has been improved, right down to having more detailed scratches on the paint if you scrape against another car.

As for driving, to each their own. Some people like cars that handle like they're being driven on a frozen lake, I suppose.

• Like 5

Is autosave turned on in your settings? You can manually turn it on and off. It is turned on by default. My game autosaves constantly, whether I'm doing a stranger mission, buying clothes, whatever.

Thats what I thought. I haven't changed any settings except the camera. But social club is saying my last mission completed was a while back. Fingers crossed its just the website still playing up. If not. I'll just do them again.

No purchable safehouses. We were promised safehouses!

You were promised to buy properties like bussines, garages etc..

No, we were also shown during trailer 2 that we can buy houses via the in game internet.

Here's a screenshot for you.

house_zpsf417b931.jpg

Also the blueprint map has quite a number of "safehouses" is really strange they would leave them out.

Thats what I thought. I haven't changed any settings except the camera. But social club is saying my last mission completed was a while back. Fingers crossed its just the website still playing up. If not. I'll just do them again.

The social club is borked. You only need to open the camera in game to know that.

• Like 2

The social club is borked. You only need to open the camera in game to know that.

Yeah it is. I just went on there and the extra missions I did are on the checklist but not the missions tab.

I dislike the size of the in game information. I've got a 42' flat and still I can't read the text that pops up during the game. Also I have turned the subtitles on but I don't get any?

I don't know if it's also in V but in GTAIV the name of the car popped up when you entered one now it doesn't.

• Like 1

I dislike the size of the in game information. I've got a 42' flat and still I can't read the text that pops up during the game. Also I have turned the subtitles on but I don't get any?

I don't know if it's also in V but in GTAIV the name of the car popped up when you entered one now it doesn't.

As with IV, tap the D-pad, it shows the car name and class, along with your current location details, and zooms out the HUD map. As for subtitles, mine are on, maybe check to make sure you saved your setting changes.

As with San Andreas, flight school is not fun, and is an immense waste of time. This is my first genuine gripe with the game.

Ya, it didn't teach me anything that will help during the game. It just got Michael's flying skill maxed out.

I take back everything I said about the car handling. It fucking rules. The only thing I'm not satisfied with is the music. (So far). As far as I can tell, there are only two rock stations and one of those is punk, so like LCHC only good for certain parts of the game. The rock station is full of overplayed earworms from the radio like Steve Winwood and Phil Collins. I hate how much electro there is and the pop station makes me want to kill babies. It feels like I'm at work or the mall hearing Rihanna and that bullshit.

However, I haven't heard it all so hopefully there are some gems.

It was a pleasant surprise hearing Gin & Juice and old school Ice Cube.

I take back everything I said about the car handling. It fucking rules. The only thing I'm not satisfied with is the music. (So far). As far as I can tell, there are only two rock stations and one of those is punk, so like LCHC only good for certain parts of the game. The rock station is full of overplayed earworms from the radio like Steve Winwood and Phil Collins. I hate how much electro there is and the pop station makes me want to kill babies. It feels like I'm at work or the mall hearing Rihanna and that bullshit.

However, I haven't heard it all so hopefully there are some gems.

It was a pleasant surprise hearing Gin & Juice and old school Ice Cube.

Amen, brother. IMO, the soundtrack is pretty poor. My gripes include:

-The rock station is more yacht rock than K-DST, although I've always got time for Alan Parsons Project.

- The pop station was bearable the first time I listened to it. Now it seems every second car is tuned into it. If I hear 'Gimme More' one more time....

- There's no metal, there's no rnb

-The reggae station sucks (compared to previous GTAs)

- Radio Los Santos is pants.

- The country station sucks compared to K-Rose. The only song I've enjoyed so far is Convoy.

- Flylo is balls. as is the dance music station

- There's only one talkback station.

- Did we really need 2 indie stations?

- Did R* seriously think anyone would listen to the Mexican station?

The only stations I regularly listen to are West coast classics, the funk station (the one with Eddie Murphy and Rick James), and the rock station. Half the time, I just turn the radio off. Hopefully R* can release some radio DLC, because I'm already sick of most of it, and the games only been out 2 days.

• Like 1

ok i've played it for a fair bit now, won't comment on radios stations, too busy looking around and driving but i have some dislikes about the game now.

shooting is a pain in the ass, if you come off lock you can't just flick the stick to lock onto the next person, you got to come out of aim and back in which i keep forgetting, resulting in my death.

jumping in cars is stupid, the in air control level is so high it almost impossible to land badly, i liked the small uncertainty of if i'm going to level the car in time.

driving is abit arcade style for my liking, would like abit of skill and brakes requirement, bit more realistic acceleration and braking wouldn't hurt either.

bit lacking in tattoos and hair cut syles, how dlc for it comes out, quite clear the plan to add more guns to the game.

theres afew other things but i'll see if i get used to them first

EDIT: actualy, i'm getting rather pissed of about the social club crashing every 5 mins that stops the desktop stat reading, app use and taking photos

Amen, brother. IMO, the soundtrack is pretty poor. My gripes include:

-The rock station is more yacht rock than K-DST, although I've always got time for Alan Parsons Project.

- The pop station was bearable the first time I listened to it. Now it seems every second car is tuned into it. If I hear 'Gimme More' one more time....

- There's no metal, there's no rnb

-The reggae station sucks (compared to previous GTAs)

- Radio Los Santos is pants.

- The country station sucks compared to K-Rose. The only song I've enjoyed so far is Convoy.

- Flylo is balls. as is the dance music station

- There's only one talkback station.

- Did we really need 2 indie stations?

- Did R* seriously think anyone would listen to the Mexican station?

I agree with you 100%. I was hoping so badly for a metal station. The only good tune on the punk station I've heard is "My War" but the rest is lacking. I really liked The Journey in IV for night driving and was hoping for something similar but nope.. Two indie stations. I hate indie. I'd love to be able to put my own custom mp3 playlist in-between each stations commercials so I can still hear them and get the full game experience.

We've been spoiled by every previous GTA's perfect soundtracks. Damn.

On the subject of the driving, I was at first disappointed by the lack of realism, but then I remembered how much fun the arcade-like driving can be. It's just over-the-top awesome. 90% of the time, the damage is realistic, at least on smaller crashes. I can deal with it. I had a blast driving up and down mountains for a couple hours last night.

The shooting is not good imo - same problem as with RDR. The white dot is too small and sometimes I don't know where I'm shooting and its much worse when you have a flashlight attached to the gun.

Another thing I disliked was when switching characters, sometimes the characters change clothes ( I know this adds to realism) but it always seems to happen after I customised the character

Also story spoiler ahead I didn't like

Wtf Johnny Klebitz is Trevors bitch???

I can't believe a main GTA protagonist died like that - really dissapointing

Also its quite difficult to get hold of bicycles.