Jizzy

Midnight release.

This will be my first midnight release for a GTA game. I've only been to a few and it was for NCAA football I think but since I've actually followed the progress and everything else through iGTAV it makes the anticipation and excitement go through the roof. I think Caliman hit it on the head though. It's a big social event and a great time for u to talk to some cool guys about the game before midnight and to get their psn or Xbox live name to play GTA online or maybe get enough guys and create a crew. But I'll be at the GameStop on Camp Pendleton early because their going to have free dominos pizza, a big projector screen to play video games on and will be giving away prizes so that just sounds like a good time. Hopefully you'll get a number when u get in the store to save your place in line. If not once it gets close to midnight ill just make my way to the line depending on how crowded it is. And depending on how long it takes to install I might stay up to get in my atomic blimp or plane if accessible and just fly around the map then parachute down and call it a night.

i'll be trolling mother fuckers with my bugstars shirt... i wonder how many people will take notice... i mean, it's not like you can buy those in the rockstar warehouse or something :P... this might be the funnest midnight release for me, probably because a friend is coming along... i was a lone ranger at all the previous ones...

• Like 2

Midnight release sounds like a cool thing, I don't think we have this here in Germany, at least I'm not aware of it, as there is no Gamestop in my town.

Besides there are no shops that stay open past 10pm. I wonder what is worse, the all day long wait for the postman to arrive, or waiting in line only to find out they ran out of copies :D. Just kidding, I hope there are enough copies, they sure have to prepare for that.

How many people line up for such an event?

Midnight release sounds like a cool thing, I don't think we have this here in Germany, at least I'm not aware of it, as there is no Gamestop in my town.

Besides there are no shops that stay open past 10pm. I wonder what is worse, the all day long wait for the postman to arrive, or waiting in line only to find out they ran out of copies :D. Just kidding, I hope there are enough copies, they sure have to prepare for that.

from midnight till they close probably between 100-200. Depends on how many gamestops are in the area.

a good one in my town will have 50-100... GTAV will probably be more like 200, which is why i kinda want to get there early... not just so i don't have to wait 20 minutes to get the game, but so i have a convenient parking spot available at the burger king next door :lol:... in and out, that's how i do it... at the GTAIV event, someone mentioned that BK spot and i've never had an issue leaving since...

I've got an important appointment on the 17th, so if I can't get it before then, I'll have to...gasp!...wait a few more hours than I want. Plus I'll be too tired to go to the midnight release... Being an adult sucks.

I've been to a couple of Midnight launches, SA was my favorite, they don't get better than a gta event! Other game events haven't been as "big".

Anyway, I got my plan. Goto work, come home get changed go straight to the queue at 10:30ish. Play V for a few hoirs, take my som to school, sleep for a few hours before I pick him up. Then I have a couple of days off work to spend im Los Santos!

• Like 3

Ugh you guys are so lucky, I don't get my copy till 3-6pm on the 17th.

Same Mate. My retailer said they would call me when it is available. I think I will be calling them in the morning. wont get to play it till after work. depending on how long that install takes.

If I don't get my copy at EB Games at 8am sharp, I'll piss on the clerk and shit on the counter..... I have issues.

I'm not really going to get a chance to get stuck in until the start of October. I'll get an hour here and there until I go on leave.

As Pothatuu said, Being an adult sucks.

Don't grow up. It's a trap.

Wasn't the disc install file meant to be 8gb, but around 16gb if you're digital downloading?

Either way, it wont take long. We'll be playing it by 12:30-45 give or take the time it takes you to get home!

^This. I pre-ordered from Amazon. Realistically, I'm not going to be able to get stuck in until about 7 or 8PM anyway.

Wasn't the disc install file meant to be 8gb, but around 16gb if you're digital downloading?

Either way, it wont take long. We'll be playing it by 12:30-45 give or take the time it takes you to get home!

I hope you're right. Took nearly an hour to install sleeping dogs and that was only 1gb

This will be my first midnight release too, I have no idea what the crowds or line up will be like in my town. I've taken Tue and Wed off work, might end up taking the rest of the week off.

@bOnEs: I love the idea of showing up in a Bugstars shirt and watching other people's eyes bug out! :lol:

• Like 2