Bit out of practice thanks to GTA. But i'm getting back on track with my 3d artwork. Here's a warm up i'm doing atm. Practicing tessellation techniques for Patio.

6l9IdSY.jpg

Diffuse/Normals/Height Maps

fs511G2.jpgyhc2DYN.jpgFGxHNGU.jpg

It's a major aspect of texturing these days, which I've not really practiced much.So i want to see how sharp and detailed i can get objects looking.

• Like 1

Haven't worked on a 3D project in ages. I need to get my arse off of GTAO and start making things again.

So I decided to carry on with my old motel theme project, which I started about a year ago...

I'v been designing the motel sign. Just playing with the colour themes, as that will carry across to the entire motel later.

Any suggestions on colours? I will be modelling lights into it too, so they will fit with the colour theme. At this sage I'm thinking blue/orange as the washed out colours reflect the 60's/70's motel vibe.

MalibuSign_zps4356d85a.png

I'm also open to Motel Names. I only chose Malibu as homage to Vice City. But if someone has a better name, I'm willing to change it, and design the rest of the motel based around that.

I agree with the colours. But bring the hue up on the orange to make it more vibrant and down just a little on the blue. It should add some depth. Or not. I'm not your boss.

Thanks for the advice Rob.

I had a little play around with lighting, and i must say, I'm kind of intrigued with what can be done with lighting alone, and I haven't even textured anything.

P8Gyz7p.jpg

• Like 2

Nice. Most of what you do is voodoo to me, but as a spraypainter I understand colour. Especially how different tones work together. I'm also devilishly handsome and extremely humble.

• Like 1

I'm designing a slimline Arcade Cabinet to house a  PC and a flatscreen which i'll emulate all my favourite games from. I'm hoping to get it made for real, at some point.

Here's an example of my slim version against an original arcade cabinet.

QAMgDtr.jpg

• Like 2