155 replies to this topic

#41 GunSmith

Calculator Watch Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:14 AM

View PostMassacre, on 16 May 2013 - 01:21 AM, said:

Nope. The last 10 missions are preparation for the biggest heist Los Santos has ever seen, and in the final mission, Trevor shows up after a meth binge and kills Michael and Franklin (in a cutscene), and the mission is just a rhythm game where you control Trevor as he violates their bodies.

I hope the song he commits said violation to is the BoGT's theme.

♫I keep on walkin'...♫

#42 gtagrl

Evil Moral Compass

• Moderators
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

View PostbOnEs, on 16 May 2013 - 05:08 AM, said:

^^broken...

regarding the military heist thing from the image comparisons, the board says portola drive, sounds like a jewelry heist to me, or perhaps a residential place with a safe... something tells me there will be a military heist, but not from that artwork... but the screencap definitely poses the thought...

dupz got a nice list of heist movies, i was looking for a topic to post about that... might as well be here... i just watched the italian job, the more recent one, and it's got GTA writen all over it... the planning, the hired hands, the routes, the execution, the what-ifs, and all that... cusomizing things fit for the job at hand... it makes me excited to think that each heist, whether big or small, is only limited by your creativity...

oceans eleven, snatch, swordfish, and especially what beatnic said, 3000 miles to graceland... an underrated film IMO... i bought heat on blu-ray for $8, looking forward to watching that soon :D... like i said, just watched italian job... just like i did with RDR and LA Noire, i watched period pieces... GTA V tells me i need to watch heist movies...

jason statham seems to be in quite a few of them :lol:...

All fantastic movies. Will have to work my way through Dup's list of older heist movies over the summer.
On a side note, Jason Statham... :drool: ...Highly recommend The Mechanic. It's not a heist movie, but an assassin revenge flick. He's done so many action movies, people might overlook this one as just another 'drive fast, shoot guns and take your shirt off' venture, but this one is well written, beautifully shot, and shows that he can act.

#43 AM Radio

The Liquor.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

The first scene of The Mechanic is what I wish the Hitman games were more like. Ben Foster almost stole that movie from him though, he's going to be one to watch over the years.

#44 DuPz0r

Beev Vercetti

• Gold Member
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

Cool suggestions guys, will have to rewatch them, it's been a while.

I found Ronin on Netflix, so i'll be watching that tonight.

#45 DuPz0r

Beev Vercetti

• Gold Member
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:21 AM

Just watched Takers (2010). It has GTAV written all over it, perfect vibe. If you haven't seen it, go watch it!

#46 bOnEs

the village idiot...

• Moderators
  • 7,432 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:13 AM

takers... i'll add it to the list of movies to see... i looked it up and don't remember this at all...

#47 The9thPawn

Litterer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:39 AM

View Postgtagrl, on 16 May 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

View PostbOnEs, on 16 May 2013 - 05:08 AM, said:

^^broken...

regarding the military heist thing from the image comparisons, the board says portola drive, sounds like a jewelry heist to me, or perhaps a residential place with a safe... something tells me there will be a military heist, but not from that artwork... but the screencap definitely poses the thought...

dupz got a nice list of heist movies, i was looking for a topic to post about that... might as well be here... i just watched the italian job, the more recent one, and it's got GTA writen all over it... the planning, the hired hands, the routes, the execution, the what-ifs, and all that... cusomizing things fit for the job at hand... it makes me excited to think that each heist, whether big or small, is only limited by your creativity...

oceans eleven, snatch, swordfish, and especially what beatnic said, 3000 miles to graceland... an underrated film IMO... i bought heat on blu-ray for $8, looking forward to watching that soon :D... like i said, just watched italian job... just like i did with RDR and LA Noire, i watched period pieces... GTA V tells me i need to watch heist movies...

jason statham seems to be in quite a few of them :lol:...

All fantastic movies. Will have to work my way through Dup's list of older heist movies over the summer.
On a side note, Jason Statham... :drool: ...Highly recommend The Mechanic. It's not a heist movie, but an assassin revenge flick. He's done so many action movies, people might overlook this one as just another 'drive fast, shoot guns and take your shirt off' venture, but this one is well written, beautifully shot, and shows that he can act.

I make a point of staying away from Statham movies for that reason.

#48 gtagrl

Evil Moral Compass

• Moderators
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:47 AM

I hear ya Pawn, that one is the exception to the rule, worth watching.

#49 bOnEs

the village idiot...

• Moderators
  • 7,432 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:14 AM

he's in a slew of heist movies though, it's hard to not see him...

*queues up IMDb*

lock stock, snatch, transporter (different perspective obviously, more franklins role), italian job, chaos, war, the bank job, expendables, the mechanic, parker, and probably 15 more future roles as well...

#50 DuPz0r

Beev Vercetti

• Gold Member
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

I've seen all of Statham's films. I do particularly like The Mechanic and The Bank Job.

#51 TwoFacedTanner

Silver Tongued Southerner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

I watched the first few minutes of a movie called "Steal". It was awful. They escaped the bank on roller blades. I turned it off when I saw that.

#52 Firm

Hatchetman

• Gold Member
  • 611 posts
  • LocationNottingham, England

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

I'll have to give The Mechanic a watch. I thought Killer Elite was pretty good too. Epic fight scene between Jason Statham and Clive Owen.
The heist in Rocknrolla is one of my favourites, the Russians were friggin' mean.

#53 Massacre

Warlord of the Wastes

• Moderators
  • 9,126 posts
  • LocationThe Apocrypha

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

View PostDuPz0r, on 19 May 2013 - 01:21 AM, said:

Just watched Takers (2010). It has GTAV written all over it, perfect vibe. If you haven't seen it, go watch it!

Love that movie. Excellent example of a GTA-esque movie, excellent example of a heist movie, excellent all around. Even Hayden Christensen wasn't as awful as usual.

Also, any movie where Idris Elba uses his real accent is more than likely going to be epic.

#54 deepbreathley

Upstanding Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationCambodia

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

I'll have to check out Takers then, I have been making my way through the list and I must say its getting me hyped for when we can plan and pull them off. I thought town was particularly good and you can't beat lockstock or snatch. Oceans 11 was acceptable but any of the sequels suck balls. I simply cannot wait for a well planned heist to go successfully and just drive off into the mountains cigar in mouth.....

#55 beatnicpie

VIPenis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:46 AM

Wanna see Christopher Walken play Sean and Chris Penn's father in a heist movie? Then watch "At Close Range." It covers more of Trevor's lifestyle as it's set in rural America. The middle of the film is when the heists take place, so don't expect an immediate dive into criminal behavior.

#56 Barrybran

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:16 AM

Aside from the military base, is there much in the countryside that seems worthy of a heist?

#57 beatnicpie

VIPenis

• Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:40 AM

You could rob someone's luxury cabin hideaway, have a backwoods hideout, pot fields, and so much more. Also, Trevor says all guns and drugs in the area go through him.

#58 Ginginho

Freckled Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:56 AM

Maybe something from the mining days - old mine shaft that has an undiscovered payload or used as a stash point for a rival criminal group - although most of the gold rush was in the northern areas of Cali there are mines like Castle Mountain, Rand or Briggs that may fit the wider Los Santos landscape.

A large pit mine would be an awesome stunting arena

#59 beatnicpie

VIPenis

• Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:13 AM

And let us never forget the classic kidnapping/hostage scenario...

#60 Barrybran

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:35 AM

I like the mine idea. I thought the mine mission in RDR was decent so I could see that translate to GTA. I just don't want to see all of the heists occur in LS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users