#1 Fave

Pickpocket

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
  • XBL Gamertag:sillkent

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

I was just curious about your guys thoughts on strip clubs in the GTA series, and do you think they'll improve upon strip clubs or completely remove it?

#2 ConQueSteD

Big ol' American titties

• Gold Member
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

I hope they remove strip clubs it's a complete disgrace to women everywhere.

#3 iBeNiko

Ex-Con

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

they're alright. really fun to go in and kill everyone, but other than that nothing special.

#4 Googlefluff

Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

I found I never used them, but it would be nice to keep them there just in case :P

#5 Massacre

Warlord of the Wastes

• Moderators
  • 8,853 posts
  • LocationThe Apocrypha

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

I enjoyed visiting the strip club in Vice City, because I owned it and felt like a boss when I strolled in there in my pinstripe suit, but I haven't had any use for them since.

I've always wondered why they didn't play a bigger role. There are a lot of criminals who operate out of strip clubs, and we've never had so much as a meeting with an employer inside a strip club, with the exception of Luigi in GTA III. I could see Trevor hanging with the kind of people that meet in strip clubs, so maybe they'll be a bit more relevant this time around.

That's the only use I see for them. Scantily-clad digital women just don't do it for me.

#6 LEU

Rockstar Employee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

View PostMassacre, on 24 March 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

.I've always wondered why they didn't play a bigger role. There are a lot of criminals who operate out of strip clubs, and we've never had so much as a meeting with an employer inside a strip club, with the exception of Luigi in GTA III.

Didn't this guy own this strip club? Or was it just a regular club?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Massacre

Warlord of the Wastes

• Moderators
  • 8,853 posts
  • LocationThe Apocrypha

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

Forgot about Jizzy. It was mostly a brothel, but yeah, it was a club/strip club.

#8 Ku Zi Mu

|\ /.\ /| King Sexy |\ /.\ /|

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

I enjoyed using the friends feature in GTAIV to go to the Triangle Club and have a badass brawl with security for attempting to take a photo of the dancers. That's just the half of it. The real fun starts when the cops get involved.

So if I can replicate ^that in GTAV, Strip Clubs are more then welcome.

#9 K282

Nobody Special

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

If the strip clubs are in the game, we need to be able to see nude. why not? they for sure will be in the game with all the high rollers. I wanna be Micheal and have a Stripper/pool party while the wife and the kids are gone. Aaaaggghhh it would be epic!

#10 GunSmith

Calculator Watch Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

"Gimme some room...Bitch, gimme some room!"

#11 gtagrl

Pounces-on-Ass

• Moderators
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

The concept of dynamic peds might be a factor in V, you might be able to do side missions for the strip club to make money (hopefully something more interesting than stripper chauffer tho), or help out an individual stripper or bouncer as a one-time interaction.

I agree with Massacre about using the clubs for more than just side missions. They're good for a health/weapon pickup or a rampage, might as well keep peeler bars, but develop them more.

#12 Fave

Pickpocket

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
  • XBL Gamertag:sillkent

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

View PostMassacre, on 24 March 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

I enjoyed visiting the strip club in Vice City, because I owned it and felt like a boss when I strolled in there in my pinstripe suit,

Hell yes. I used to do the same shit.

#13 fanman

Outlaw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Locationearth;USA,a dark place,in North Yankton/Los Santos,San Andres

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

you forgot the mission on gta iv where Dwayne asks you to go to the triangle club and kill the owner so he could own it again.
but i don't remember if that was before or after the part where you decide to kill him or not.

#14 iBeNiko

Ex-Con

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

View PostKu Zi Mu, on 24 March 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

I enjoyed using the friends feature in GTAIV to go to the Triangle Club and have a badass brawl with security for attempting to take a photo of the dancers. That's just the half of it. The real fun starts when the cops get involved.

So if I can replicate ^that in GTAV, Strip Clubs are more then welcome.

they fight you for trying to take pics? i gotta try it.

#15 SuperiorHacker

Nobody Special

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

Strip clubs would be ok. I agree they're mostly only fun to shoot people in and watch the women scream in terror. I mean watching women in video games for sexual entertainment? Sorry guys but kind of a "forever alone" move.

#16 Synch

Drop Man

• Gold Member
  • 437 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

I don't mind them. Should be able to own one though like the Pole Position in VC.

Forgot the health factor, last night in GTA IV got a lap dance and health restored.
Kind of like the old days of GTA lll and VC with hookers.

(Except with full health, GTAlll hooker use would then bring it up to 125% health)

#17 bOnEs

the village idiot...

• Moderators
  • 6,945 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:58 AM

View Postgtagrl, on 24 March 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

I agree with Massacre about using the clubs for more than just side missions. They're good for a health/weapon pickup or a rampage, might as well keep peeler bars, but develop them more.

that... if you're gonna add them, give them a purpose... not once have they done anything with it... sure, i met phil bell there and took roman there once... helped out dwayne there and took friends there... but come on, i was a club bouncer as luis... sounds like something franklin could do if he was looking for some extra cash... girlfriend might not approve though...

#18 gtagrl

Pounces-on-Ass

• Moderators
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:10 AM

The girls Niko could date were pretty horrid, at least the 'friends' were more entertaining...I'd take Niko's girls to the Triangle Club just to piss them off, they were bitches...

#19 Massacre

Warlord of the Wastes

• Moderators
  • 8,853 posts
  • LocationThe Apocrypha

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:15 AM

Ironically, Michelle was the only one I liked.

#20 Brian

I Shoot Raw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:22 AM

View PostMassacre, on 03 April 2013 - 01:15 AM, said:

Ironically, Michelle was the only one I liked.

I think that may have been what Rockstar wanted to establish, a likable woman who actually seemed decent, then they do some unexpected things.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users