NikoLiberty

How big is your TV that you play your games on? (inches)

i still can't tell the difference between LED and LCD...

Led is skinnier and has a better contrast ratio...

But led vs cfl both use the same lcd screen.

Liquid crystal display with compact fluorescent lighting or liquid chrystal display with light emitting diode lighting.

I play on a 72" dlp.

I also have an old 19" TOSHIBA that I use for low quality movies, old gen games, and home videos (VHS tapes). They all look better on smaller 480p screens.

i'm buying a new TV soon... mine used to be the best shit around, friends were in awe... now it looks like it should be in the smithsonian... i want at least a 47", but if i spot a good deal on a 55", i'm taking it... i want this TV before i get GTAV...

I have a 40" LCD Toshiba TV for my PS3, and a 23" OLED monitor screen for looking at these forums!

OLED is a lot more cost efficient than any other screen type at the moment. The contrasts are good on LED, the whites are very bright. Snow looks very white on it. But the Blacks aren't as great on an LED imo. My LCD's blacks are really black and shit all over the LED's attempt at black. Both have their pros and cons though, it's all a matter of preference.

Also, if i'm honest, a 21" screen/monitor with 'high def 1080p display' looks ten times better than a 50" with the same ratio. Smaller pixels of light = sharper and more detailed image... So having the biggest screen isn't at all a good thing... The only real perk of having a huge TV is if you have a huge room to display it in, and you you're sitting a good distance away from it. Personally i think a 32"-42" display is ample enough for any room though.

Got a second hand 24" Phillips LED in the bedroom and a 40" something or other (Samsung, maybe), top of the range shit downstairs. But i hate playing on a bigger screen so i stick to the one upstairs unless the misses has done a night shift.

But i will be saving up for an OLED or 4K tv once the market war starts on them.

i still can't tell the difference between LED and LCD...

It fixes much of the color issues LCD had... bearing in mind that was only the issues cheap TN panels had and IPS fixed them.

I use a 19inch AOC 917Sw monitor that's 16:10 and for my second monitor an old 17 inch Acer AL1715.